This article possibly contains original research. (May 2021)
Kadakkal Thiruvathira - A well-known festival ritual
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KL 82|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kollam|
Kadakkal is known for a long time and is the place where one of the notable movements of Indian independence movement took place. Kadakkal Riot Case is listed by the Home Ministry, Government of India as one of the 39 movements that led to India getting freedom from the British Raj. It is known as the "Kadakkal Riot Case" and was led by Franco Raghavan Pillai.
Kadakkal town is an important business centre. Kadakkal Chantha (Market) is famous, especially for its agrarian commodity business like coconut, areca nut, copra, tapioca, rubber, etc. Kadakkal Grama Panchayat is a Special Grade Panchayat. It spreads over an area of 48.9 km2 and has a population of 45291 with 21749 males and 23542 females, according to 2001 census. Pangode, Chithara, Nilamel, Ittiva, Kummil and Chadayamangalam are the neighboring Panchayats.
- Nearest Bus stations: Kadakkal Panchayath Bus station, Punalur KSRTC Bus station (24.5 km), Chadayamangalam KSRTC Bus station (11.5 km)
- Nearest railway stations: Punalur (27.7 km), Paravur (32.3 km), Kottarakkara (33.7 km), Kollam Junction (43.2 km), Varkala (32.3 km)
- Nearest Airport: Trivandrum International Airport(50 km)
- Home Ministry, Government of India. "List of Freedom Movements" (PDF). Government of India. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Kadakkal, Panchayat. "Kadakkal Panachayat Website". Government of Kerala. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Kadakkal, Panchayat. "2001 Census - Population details". Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kadakkal.|