Justin Johnson (racing driver)
|Born||August 9, 1985|
Las Vegas, Nevada
|Achievements||2010 Irwindale Pepsi One Super Late Model champion|
|NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series career|
|5 races run over 2 years|
|Best finish||42nd (2011)|
|First race||2011 Lucas Oil 150 (Phoenix)|
|Last race||2019 World of Westgate 200 (Las Vegas)|
|Statistics current as of November 25, 2019.|
A Las Vegas native, Johnson grew up competing at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway's Bullring. By 2019, he held over 50 race victories that placed him in the top five all-time among Bullring race winners; he also won championships in the Thunder Cars and USLCI Bandolero Outlaws classes.
In 2010, he won the Pepsi One Super Late Model championship at Irwindale Event Center. During the season, he made his NASCAR K&N Pro Series West debut at the track with Vision Aviation Racing, finishing 24th after being collected in a crash with Brandon Davis on lap 119. The following year, he joined VAR's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series program, which had recently merged with Billy Ballew Motorsports, racing alongside Dusty Davis. Johnson ran four races in 2011 for VAR, recording a top-ten finish at Phoenix International Raceway.
Eight years after his last start in the series, Johnson returned to the Truck Series in 2019 for the World of Westgate 200 at Las Vegas. He failed to qualify in the No. 08 for Kart Idaho Racing, but was able to participate in the race after Reaume Brothers Racing's Jesse Iwuji crashed in qualifying; although Iwuji's No. 34 team was guaranteed a spot in the race on owners' points, RBR did not have a backup truck available. Johnson provided his No. 08 truck, which was renumbered to No. 34 for the race. After starting last, he finished 23rd.
Motorsports career resultsEdit
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
Gander Outdoors Truck SeriesEdit
|NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series results|
|2011||Vision Aviation Racing||51||Toyota||DAY||PHO
|2019||Kart Idaho Racing||08||Toyota||DAY||ATL||LVS||MAR||TEX||DOV||KAN||CLT||TEX||IOW||GTW||CHI||KEN||POC||ELD||MCH||BRI||MSP||LVS
|Reaume Brothers Racing||34||Toyota||LVS
K&N Pro Series WestEdit
|NASCAR K&N Pro Series West results|
|2010||Vision Aviation Racing||97||Chevy||AAS||PHO||IOW||DCS||SON||IRW
* Season still in progress
1 Ineligible for series points
- "Bullring Champ Johnson to Make LVMS Debut at World of Westgate 200". Las Vegas Motor Speedway. September 3, 2019. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Lair, Keith (September 18, 2010). "IRWINDALE RACING: Johnson clinches title". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Haddock, Tim (July 2, 2010). "NASCAR K&N Pro Series West visits Toyota Speedway at Irwindale". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- "2010 King Taco 200". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- "Billy Ballew Motorsports, Vision Aviation Racing merge". Motorsport.com. December 24, 2010. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Christie, Toby (September 13, 2019). "Justin Johnson Gets Shot to Race Truck at Las Vegas After Jesse Iwuji's Crash". TobyChristie.com. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- "2019 World of Westgate 200". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- "Justin Johnson – 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- "Justin Johnson – 2019 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- "Justin Johnson – 2010 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Justin Johnson driver statistics at Racing-Reference