Jon García (footballer)
|Full name||Jon García Herrero|
|Date of birth||4 June 1991|
|Place of birth||Bilbao, Spain|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2020||→ Racing Ferrol (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:46, 6 December 2020 (UTC)|
Born in Bilbao, Biscay, Basque Country, García graduated from Athletic Bilbao's youth setup, and made his senior debut with the farm team in the 2009–10 season, in Tercera División. In June 2011 he was promoted to the reserves, who competed in Segunda División B.
García was released by Athletic on 26 May 2014, and signed with Segunda División club CD Lugo on 7 July. He made his professional debut on 11 September, starting in a 1–0 home win against AD Alcorcón in the second round of the Copa del Rey. He played his first game in Segunda División on 18 October, playing the full 90 minutes in a 0–1 away loss to Deportivo Alavés.
In February 2015, García suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury, being successfully operated the following month. The following January, after making a full recovery, he joined Racing de Santander.
García continued competing in the third level the following years, representing Sestao River Club and SD Ponferradina. While at the service of the latter club, he suffered another serious knee ailment.
- The situation at Basconia; Athletic Bilbao, 10 June 2011
- Registrations and de-registrations in Bilbao Athletic; Athletic Bilbao, 26 May 2014
- El Lugo incorpora al defensa del Athletic Jon García (Lugo add Athletic defender Jon García); Mundo Deportivo, 7 July 2014 (in Spanish)
- Lolo desatasca al Lugo (Lolo takes Lugo out of the mire); Marca, 11 September 2014 (in Spanish)
- El Alavés rompe su sequía para vencer al Lugo (Alavés end drought to beat Lugo); Marca, 18 October 2014 (in Spanish)
- Parte médico (Medical report) Archived 23 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine; CD Lugo, 20 February 2015 (in Spanish)
- Parte médico (Medical report) Archived 25 March 2015 at the Wayback Machine; CD Lugo, 20 March 2015 (in Spanish)
- Jon García, "regalo" de Reyes adelantado para el Racing (Jon García, early Wise Men "gift" for Racing); Vavel, 30 December 2015 (in Spanish)
- Jon García, experiencia para la defensa de la Ponferradina (Jon García, experience for Ponferradina defence); La Nueva Crónica, 16 July 2017 (in Spanish)
- Una grave lesión aparta a Jon García (Ponferradina) de luchar por el ascenso (Serious injury prevents Jon García (Ponferradina) from fighting for promotion); ABC, 17 June 2019 (in Spanish)
- Jon García cedido al Racing de Ferrol (Jon García loaned to Racing de Ferrol); Cadena SER, 28 January 2020 (in Spanish)
- "Jon García termina su etapa en la SD Ponferradina" [Jon García ends his spell at SD Ponferradina] (in Spanish). SD Ponferradina. 3 September 2020. Retrieved 3 September 2020.