June 28, 1989
Jefferson, Iowa, United States
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||154.3 lb (70 kg; 11 st 0 lb)|
|Reach||72 1⁄2 in (184 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Team||The MMA Lab |
Xtreme Couture Mixed Martial Arts (2019–present)
|Rank||Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under John Crouch|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Case made it public in 2016 that he was making his first investment, by purchasing MCC - Midwest Cage Championship, from MCC Founder, Ryan Hass. Based out of Des Moines, Iowa, Johnny Hollywood got his start in MMA by fighting for MCC and would eventually become the MCC Lightweight Champion.
Case has stated that he is actively pursuing his life outside of his MMA career, as an entrepreneur and investor, with his Venture Capital firm. Hollywood established his firm in 2015 and started to pick up steam in 2016.
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Case was born and raised in Jefferson, Iowa. He began wrestling in kindergarten through high school, training in mixed martial arts after graduation. Case began competing professionally almost immediately, losing in the first round in his first two fights after just one amateur fight, a first-round win. He competed for various regional promotions across the Midwest for several years, compiling a record of 18-4 along the way, before signing with the UFC on the heels of an eight fight win streak in the spring of 2014.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
Case was initially slated to make his UFC debut as a short-notice replacement to face Joe Ellenberger on June 28, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 44. However, Case was did not pass an eye exam and was replaced by James Moontasri. Case eventually debuted against Kazuki Tokudome on September 20, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 52. Case won the fight via technical submission in the second round. The finish earned Case a Performance of the Night bonus.
Case was linked to a bout with Paul Felder on January 18, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 59. However, Felder elected to fight as a replacement against Danny Castillo at UFC 182 and was briefly replaced by Frank Trevino. On December 23, it was announced that Trevino had to pull out of the bout due to an injury and was replaced by newcomer Frankie Perez. Case finished Perez via TKO in the third round.
Rizin Lightweight Grand PrixEdit
After the Kitaoka bout it was announced that Case would be participating the Rizin Lightweight Grand Prix. In the quarterfinals at Rizin 19 on October 12, 2019, Case faced Roberto de Souza. Case won the fight via first round knockout, advancing to the semifinals.
In the semifinals which were at Rizin 20 on December 31, 2019, Case faced Tofiq Musayev. After the back-and-forth fight, Case lost the fight via knockout in the first round.
Return to PFLEdit
In January 2020 it was announced that Case will be returning to the PFL and participating the third season's lightweight division tournament.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|34 matches||27 wins||7 losses|
|Loss||27–7–1||Tofiq Musayev||TKO (punches)||Rizin 20||December 31, 2019||1||2:46||Saitama, Japan||Lightweight Grand Prix Semi-Finals|
|Win||27–6–1||Roberto de Souza||TKO (punch)||Rizin 19||October 12, 2019||1||1:15||Osaka, Japan||Lightweight Grand Prix Quarter-Finals|
|Win||26–6–1||Satoru Kitaoka||TKO (corner stoppage)||Rizin 17||July 28, 2019||1||5:00||Saitama, Japan|
|Win||25–6–1||Yusuke Yachi||TKO (doctor stoppage)||Rizin 14||December 31, 2018||2||4:47||Saitama, Japan|
|Draw||24–6–1||Natan Schulte||Draw (majority)||PFL 9||October 13, 2018||2||5:00||Long Beach, California, United States||2018 PFL Lightweight Quarterfinal bout.|
|Win||24–6||Jose Luis Verdugo||TKO (punches)||Iron Boy MMA 12||July 28, 2018||1||0:36||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Win||23–6||Brandon Longano||TKO (punches)||Extreme Beatdown 21||March 10, 2018||2||3:25||New Town, North Dakota, United States|
|Loss||22–6||Anthony Rocco Martin||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Chiesa vs. Lee||June 25, 2017||3||5:00||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Loss||22–5||Jake Matthews||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Mir||March 20, 2016||3||4:45||Brisbane, Australia||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||22–4||Yan Cabral||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson 3||November 7, 2015||3||5:00||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||21–4||Francisco Trevino||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 188||June 13, 2015||3||5:00||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Win||20–4||Frankie Perez||TKO (elbows and punches)||UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver||January 18, 2015||3||1:54||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||19–4||Kazuki Tokudome||Technical Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Nelson||September 20, 2014||2||2:34||Saitama, Japan||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||18–4||E.J. Brooks||Decision (split)||RFA 10||October 25, 2013||3||5:00||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
|Win||17–4||Ted Worthington||Submission (punches)||MCC 49||August 2, 2013||2||2:47||Des Moines, Iowa, United States||Defended the MCC Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||16–4||Demi Deeds||TKO (punches)||MCC 46||February 22, 2013||2||4:12||Des Moines, Iowa, United States||Defended the MCC Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||15–4||Sean Wilson||Submission (punches)||MCC 44||November 21, 2012||1||4:07||Des Moines, Iowa, United States||Won the MCC Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||14–4||Jay Ellis||KO (punch)||Brutaal: Fight Night||February 18, 2012||1||2:30||Red Wing, Minnesota, United States|
|Win||13–4||Derek Getzel||Decision (unanimous)||Brutaal: Fight Night||July 30, 2011||3||5:00||Red Wing, Minnesota, United States|
|Win||12–4||Lonnie Scriven||KO (punch)||MCC 33||April 9, 2011||1||0:18||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
|Win||11–4||Jeremy Castro||TKO (punches)||MCC 33||January 15, 2011||2||0:29||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
|Loss||10–4||Rick Glenn||Submission (punches)||MCC 29||October 22, 2010||1||4:07||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
|Win||10–3||Tyler Mills||KO (punches)||Brutaal: Fight Night||August 27, 2010||1||0:31||Jefferson, Iowa, United States|
|Win||9–3||Mike Miller||Submission (rear-naked choke)||MCC 26||April 16, 2010||1||1:02||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
|Loss||8–3||Derek Getzel||TKO (punches)||Brutaal: Strikeforce Final||February 26, 2010||1||2:05||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Win||8–2||James Winters||KO (punches)||Iowa Insanity: II||December 20, 2009||1||0:52||Boone, Iowa, United States|
|Win||7–2||Brandon Bergeron||TKO (punches)||Brutaal Fight Night||November 25, 2009||1||1:18||St. Paul, Minnesota, United States|
|Win||6–2||Gabe Walbridge||Submission (guillotine choke)||Ambition Promotions: The Crucible||September 12, 2009||2||0:29||St. Paul, Minnesota, United States|
|Win||5–2||Roland Larson||KO (punch)||Brutaal Fight Night||April 11, 2009||1||0:59||Ames, Iowa, United States|
|Win||4–2||Nate Boebel||KO (punches)||Brutaal Fight Night||February 21, 2009||1||0:51||LaCrosse, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||3–2||Travis Nath||Submission (choke)||Brutaal Fight Night||December 13, 2008||1||1:03||Maplewood, Minnesota, United States|
|Win||2–2||Tim Morris||TKO (punches)||Brutaal Fight Night||July 12, 2008||1||2:50||Jefferson, Iowa, United States|
|Win||1–2||Jerald Steer||KO (punch)||Brutaal Fight Night||June 13, 2008||1||0:48||Elko, Minnesota, United States|
|Loss||0–2||Marcus LeVesseur||KO (punch)||Seconds Out/Vivid MMA||May 17, 2008||1||0:23||St. Paul, Minnesota, United States|
|Loss||0–1||Chad Murphy||Submission (armbar)||Brutaal Fight Night||December 5, 2007||1||N/A||Maplewood, Minnesota, United States|
- Simon Head (October 8, 2019). "Off Guard: Johnny Case thriving in Vegas ahead of Rizin FF lightweight GP". mmajunkie.com.
- "Fight Card - UFC 188 Velasquez vs. Werdum". UFC.com. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night McGregor vs. Siver". UFC.com. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Dylan Bowker (August 17, 2019). "Johnny Case on Securing a Spot in the Rizin Lightweight Grand Prix". cagesidepress.com.
- "Johnny Case - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "MCC - Midwest Cage Championship". MidwestCageChampionship.com.
- "Johnny Hollywood on Facebook". facebook.com/HollywoodCase.
- Zane Simon (June 11, 2014). "Welcome to the UFC Phillips, Case and Lazaro". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- Scott Reister (February 8, 2015). "Iowan breaks into UFC". kcci.com. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- Jason Floyd (June 10, 2014). "Joe Ellenberger vs. Johnny Case official for UFC Fight Night 44". themmareport.com. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- Jason Floyd (June 11, 2014). "Johnny Case out of UFC Fight Night 44 bout against Joe Ellenberger". themmareport.com. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- "James Moontasri signs on to fight Joe Ellenberger at UFC Fight Night 44". The Fight Corner. June 18, 2014. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- Ariel Helwani (July 9, 2014). "Following eye surgery, Johnny Case set for UFC debut". mmafighting.com. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Staff (September 20, 2014). "UFC Fight Night 52 bonuses: Hunt, Case, Kang, Tanaka win $50,000". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved September 20, 2014.
- Staff (December 8, 2014). "With Paul Felder out, Johnny Case now meets Francisco Trevino at UFC Fight Night 59". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- Jamie Penick (December 23, 2014). "Frank Trevino injured, newcomer Frankie Perez steps in against Johnny Case at UFC Fight Night 59 in Boston". mmatorch.com. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- Steven Marrocco (January 18, 2015). "UFC Fight Night 59 results: Johnny Case grinds out, finishes Frankie Perez". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Staff (March 27, 2015). "Johnny Case vs. Francisco Trevino rebooked for UFC 188 in Mexico City". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved March 27, 2015.
- Brent Brookhouse (June 13, 2015). "UFC 188 results: Johnny Case works through eye poke to sweep Francisco Trevino". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- Staff (August 18, 2015). "Yan Cabral vs. Johnny Case slated for UFC Fight Night 77 on November 7 in Brazil". themmareport.com. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- Ben Fowlkes (November 7, 2015). "UFC Fight Night 77 results: Johnny Case runs streak to 12, outpoints Yan Cabral". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Hunter A. Homistek (January 19, 2016). "Johnny Case vs. Jake Matthews set for UFC Fight Night 84 in Brisbane". mmafighting.com. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- Brent Brookhouse (March 19, 2016). "UFC Fight Night 85 results: Jake Matthews submits Johnny Case with seconds left in fight". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved March 19, 2016.
- Tristen Critchfield (March 20, 2016). "UFC Fight Night Brisbane bonuses: Magny, Hunt, Matthews, Case earn $50K". sherdog.com. Retrieved March 20, 2016.
- Damon Martin (November 29, 2016). "Johnny Case vs. James Vick in the works for UFC Fight Night in Houston". foxsports.com. Retrieved November 29, 2016.
- MMA Fighting Newswire (2017-01-19). "After injuries to original opponents, James Vick and Abel Trujillo fight in Houston". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-01-19.
- Damon Martin (2017-05-11). "Johnny Case expected to meet Tony Martin at UFC Fight Night in Oklahoma City". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "UFC Fight Night 112 results: Tony Martin wins hotly contested affair over rival Johnny Case". MMAjunkie. 2017-06-25. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Comprehensive list of current UFC fighters". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2018-02-01.
- "Axed UFC flyweights Justin Scoggins, Ulka Sasaki head to Japan for Rizin FF 14". mmajunkie.com. November 29, 2018.
- Tristen Critchfield (January 2, 2020). "Johnny Case Signs with PFL for Upcoming Lightweight Season". sherdog.com.