for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Ranajit Kumar Roy|
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting altered the boundaries of the constituency.
Ahead of the 2014 general election, the Election Commission altered the boundaries of the constituency. Previously it included four more union parishads of Jessore Sadar Upazila: Fathehpur, Ichhali, Kachua, and Narendrapur, but did not include Abhaynagar Upazila.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
|Awami League||Ranajit Kumar Roy||77,362||68.3||+17.6|
|Independent||Sheikh Abdul Wahab||35,860||31.7||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Ranajit Kumar Roy||102,958||50.7||+8.2|
|BNP||T. S. Ayub||97,520||48.0||-4.7|
|Independent||M. Nazim Uddin Al Azad||2,304||1.1||N/A|
|PDP||Add. Md. Ishaque||265||0.1||N/A|
|JSD (R)||Kazi Ali Hider||220||0.1||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BJP|
|BJP||M. M. Amin Uddin||126,540||52.7||+29.8|
|Awami League||Shah Hadiuzzaman||101,994||42.5||+6.2|
|IJOF||Md. Nazmul Huda||10,381||4.3||N/A|
|Workers Party||Boikuntha Bihari Ray||800||0.3||-0.3|
|Independent||Md. Alamgir Hossain||179||0.1||N/A|
|Independent||A. K. M. Ishaq||141||0.1||N/A|
|BJP gain from Awami League|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||Shah Hadiuzzaman||69,194||36.3||+2.0|
|JP(E)||M. M. Amin Uddin||44,263||23.2||+6.5|
|BNP||M. Nazim Uddin Al Azad||43,611||22.9||+0.1|
|IOJ||Md. Nazmul Huda Munshi||5,561||2.9||+0.7|
|Zaker Party||Munshi Abdur Razzak||1,366||0.7||-1.7|
|Workers Party||Md. Zakir Hossain Hobi||1,064||0.6||N/A|
|JSD (R)||Md. M. A. Salam||394||0.2||-0.1|
|Awami League hold|
|Awami League||Shah Hadiuzzaman||55,008||34.3|
|JP(E)||M. M. Amin Uddin||26,832||16.7|
|Independent||M. Nazim Uddin Al Azad||6,524||4.1|
|Zaker Party||Nur Mohammad||3,797||2.4|
|Bangladesh Hindu League||Shankar Chokrabarti||573||0.4|
|Jatiya Biplobi Front||Mizanur Rahman||477||0.3|
|JSD (R)||Mosharaf Hossain||462||0.3|
|Bangladesh Muslim League (Kader)||A. Kaium||301||0.2|
|Awami League gain from [[|N/A]]|
- "Jashore-4". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "53 constituencies get new boundaries". The Daily Star. 4 July 2013.
- "List of 1st Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Jessore-4". Bangladesh Election Result 2014. Dhaka Tribune. Archived from the original on 1 April 2018. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.