Jennifer Rodriguez (born June 8, 1976) is a Cuban-American speed skater. She started her career as an artistic roller skater, winning multiple national championships and placing second and third at world championships. Later she switched to inline speed skating and became world champion in 1993. Her inline speed coach was Bob Manning.
|Born||June 8, 1976|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||59 kg (130 lb)|
In 1996 she made another career move by giving it a try on ice, in order to have a chance to make the Olympic team. This was a success, and she participated in the 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010 Winter Olympics, winning two bronze medals in Salt Lake City in 2002. She is also known by the nicknames Miami Ice and J-Rod.
|Women's speed skating|
|500 m||37.87||November 18, 2005||Utah Olympic Oval, Salt Lake City|
|1000 m||1:14.05||January 22, 2005||Utah Olympic Oval, Salt Lake City|
|1500 m||1:54.19||December 12, 2009||Utah Olympic Oval, Salt Lake City|
|3000 m||4:04.99||February 10, 2002||Utah Olympic Oval, Salt Lake City|
|5000 m||7:07.93||December 22, 2001||Utah Olympic Oval, Salt Lake City|
- "Jennifer Rodriguez". www.speedskatingresults.com. Retrieved May 25, 2014.
- Jen Rodriguez's U.S. Olympic Team bio ... with features and photos
- ISU profile
- US Speedskating profile
- Yahoo! Sports profile for the 2006 Winter Olympics at the Wayback Machine (archived October 10, 2012)
- Photos of Jennifer Rodriguez at the Wayback Machine (archived May 14, 2005)
- "The Concierge Questionnaire-Jennifer Rodriguez Interview"