Jeffrey A. Rosen
Jeffrey Adam Rosen (born April 2, 1958) is an American lawyer who serves as United States Deputy Secretary of Transportation. Prior to assuming his current role, he was a senior partner at the law firm Kirkland & Ellis.
Jeffrey A. Rosen
|38th United States Deputy Attorney General|
|21st United States Deputy Secretary of Transportation|
|Assumed office |
May 18, 2017
|Preceded by||Victor Mendez|
|General Counsel of the United States Department of Transportation|
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Kirk Van Tine|
|Succeeded by||David Gribbin|
Jeffrey Adam Rosen
April 2, 1958
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S
|Education||Northwestern University (BA)|
Harvard University (JD)
On February 19, 2019, President Donald Trump announced his intention to nominate Rosen for the position of United States Deputy Attorney General, succeeding Rod Rosenstein upon his departure from the Department of Justice. He was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on May 16.
Rosen joined Kirkland & Ellis in 1982. He left the firm in 2003 and began working for the U.S. government. From 2003 to 2006, Rosen was general counsel at the United States Department of Transportation and acted as counsel for Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta. In 2006, Rosen moved to the Office of Management and Budget where he was general counsel and senior policy advisor until 2009. He also served as a representative of the U.S. government on the board of directors of Amtrak.
- "PN1011 - Nomination of Jeffrey A. Rosen for Department of Transportation, 108th Congress (2003-2004)". www.congress.gov. December 9, 2003. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "PN147 - Nomination of David James Gribbin IV for Department of Transportation, 110th Congress (2007-2008)". www.congress.gov. June 20, 2007. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "PN102 - Nomination of Jeffrey A. Rosen to be Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation, 115th Congress (2017-2018)". www.congress.gov. March 29, 2017. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "Jeffrey A. Rosen, former general counsel at DOT, chosen by Trump for deputy secretary of agency". The Trucker. March 8, 2017.
- Balsamo, Michael (February 19, 2019). "Trump nominates Jeffrey Rosen for deputy attorney general". The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "Rosen, P.C., Jeffrey A." Kirkland & Ellis. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Ambrogi, Robert (July 25, 2016). "This Week In Legal Tech: Showdown At The ABA Over Free Law And Free Sex". Above the Law.
- "Senate confirmation vote PN102". May 16, 2017. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
| United States Deputy Secretary of Transportation
| United States Deputy Attorney General
Taking office 2019
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|