Polly Trottenberg is the current Commissioner of the New York City Department of Transportation, appointed by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on December 31, 2013, to replace Janette Sadik-Khan. Trottenberg was sworn in on January 27, 2014.
|Commissioner of the New York City Department of Transportation|
|Assumed office |
January 27, 2014
|Appointed by||Bill de Blasio|
|Preceded by||Janette Sadik-Khan|
|Residence||Brooklyn, New York|
|Education||Barnard College (BA)|
John F. Kennedy School of Government (MPP)
Trottenberg was a board member of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, having been confirmed for a 10-year term on June 23, 2014. Seen as a voice of "sanity" on the board, she resigned from the position on June 3, 2019. Trottenberg also served as the chair of TRANSCOM, a coalition of 16 transportation-related agencies in the New York metropolitan area, from 2015 to 2019.
Before her start at NYCDOT, she served as Under Secretary for Policy at the U.S. Department of Transportation, helping to develop the Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery grant program.
Trottenberg also served as a transportation policy adviser to United States Senators Charles Schumer, Barbara Boxer, and Daniel Patrick Moynihan, in addition to holding positions with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the nonprofit Building America's Future.
- "Polly Trottenberg". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- "Polly E. Trottenberg". The Washington Post. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- De Blasio Names Choice To Run NYC DOT - Business Insider
- Rubinstein, Dana (June 5, 2019). "Trottenberg, a voice of 'sanity' on MTA board, submits resignation". Politico. Retrieved February 24, 2020.
- Kuntzman, Gersh (June 6, 2019). "Anatomy of a Resignation: Why Polly Trottenberg Quit the MTA Board". Streetsblog. Retrieved February 24, 2020.
- "Commissioner Polly Trottenberg". New York City Department of Transportation. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- Fried, Ben (December 31, 2013). "NYC's Next Transportation Commissioner Is Polly Trottenberg". Streetsblog.
- De Blasio Picks Trottenberg to be NYC Transportation Commissioner - WNYC
- "Founders Day | Barnard College". barnard.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Polly Trottenberg.|
| Commissioner of the New York City Department of Transportation
|This article about a politician from the state of New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|