Jeffrey William Kellogg (born August 29, 1961) is an umpire in Major League Baseball who has worked in the National League from 1991 to 1999 and throughout both major leagues since 2000. He wears uniform number 8, formerly worn in the NL by Hall of Fame umpire Doug Harvey from 1962-92. For the 2016 season, he was the crew chief of Crew I.
Kellogg in 2009
|Born: August 29, 1961|
|June 13, 1991|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kellogg has umpired in two Major League Baseball All-Star Games (1997, 2009), eight Division Series (1998, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016), six League Championship Series (1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2012), and five World Series (2000, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2014 - as Crew Chief ).
On April 27, 2012 in a game between the Baltimore Orioles and Oakland A's, Kellogg tackled a shirtless man who had run onto the field and slid into home plate at Oriole Park at Camden Yards after the man had eluded Baltimore police for nearly two minutes.
- MLB announces World Series umpiring crew MLB.com Retrieved 22 Oct 2014
- No-Hitter - MLB Topics ESPN.com. Retrieved 14 June 2012
- Buehrle hurls no-hitter to lead ChiSox over Rangers ESPN.com. Retrieved July 30, 2012
- San Francisco Giants at Washington Nationals Box Score, June 4, 2009 Baseball Reference.com Retrieved 11 August 2017
- Video: Umpire Jeff Kellogg tackles fan on the field cbssports.com.
- Umpires for Wild Card Games, Division Series announced Darling, Kellogg Will Serve As Crew Chiefs for Wild Card Games; Davis, DeMuth, Gorman and West Assigned to Lead Division Series Crews. MLB.com. Retrieved October 5, 2012.