|Born||July 12, 1989|
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
|Other names||Demon Eyes|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10.4 st)|
|Division||Featherweight (145 lb) |
Bantamweight (135 lb)
|Reach||67.0 in (170 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States|
|Team||Hard Drive MMA|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Early career: Bellator FC and Shark FightsEdit
For Bellator, he faced Chad Vandenberg and Danny Tims. Downing defeated Vandenberg via submission in the third round, and defeated Tims via split decision (30-27 Downing, 29-28 Tims, 30-27 Downing).
For Shark Fights, he faced Ran Weathers and Roberto Vargas. Downing defeated Weathers by knockout early in the first round, but against Vargas, he had his first defeat via split decision (30-27 Vargas, 30-27 Vargas, 30-27 Downing).
Resurrection Fighting AllianceEdit
Downing fought in the first two events of Resurrection Fighting Alliance. He defeated Eric Marriott at RFA 1: Elliott vs. Pulver and Alessandro Ferreira at RFA 2: Yvel vs. Alexander, both via unanimous decision.
Downing faced Jordan Rinaldi on November 30, 2012 at RFA 5: Downing vs. Rinaldi. He defeated Rinaldi in a five-round bout via unanimous decision to become the promotion's first-ever featherweight champion.
Downing faced Lance Palmer on June 21, 2013 at RFA 8: Pettis vs. Pegg in his first title defense. Downing lost his title via split decision after five rounds (48-46 Downing, 48-46 Palmer, 48-46 Palmer).
Second Bellator runEdit
After some years away from the promotion, Downing was called to replace an injured Rob Emerson against Patricio Freire on July 31, 2013 at Bellator 97. He was defeated via TKO in the second round.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|15 matches||9 wins||6 losses|
|Loss||9–6||Eric Wisely||Decision (split)||PC MMA: Pinnacle Combat 19||March 13, 2015||3||5:00||Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States|
|Loss||9–5||Martin Brown||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 117||April 18, 2014||3||5:00||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Loss||9–4||Rob Emerson||Submission (inverted heel hook)||Bellator 104||October 18, 2013||1||1:44||Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States||150 lb catchweight bout.|
|Loss||9–3||Patricio Freire||TKO (punches)||Bellator 97||July 31, 2013||2||0:54||Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States|
|Loss||9–2||Lance Palmer||Decision (split)||Resurrection Fighting Alliance 8: Pettis vs. Pegg||June 21, 2013||5||5:00||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States||Lost Resurrection Fighting Alliance featherweight title.|
|Win||9–1||Jordan Rinaldi||Decision (unanimous)||Resurrection Fighting Alliance 5: Downing vs. Rinaldi||November 30, 2012||5||5:00||Kearney, Nebraska, United States||Won Resurrection Fighting Alliance featherweight title.|
|Win||8–1||Alessandro Ferreira||Decision (unanimous)||Resurrection Fighting Alliance 2: Yvel vs. Alexander||March 30, 2012||3||5:00||Kearney, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||7–1||Eric Marriott||Decision (unanimous)||Resurrection Fighting Alliance 1: Elliott vs. Pulver||December 16, 2011||3||5:00||Kearney, Nebraska, United States||150 lb catchweight bout.|
|Loss||6–1||Roberto Vargas||Decision (split)||Shark Fights 20||October 15, 2011||3||5:00||Laughlin, Nevada, United States|
|Win||6–0||Ran Weathers||KO (punches)||Shark Fights 16: Neer vs. Juarez||June 25, 2011||1||1:38||Odessa, Texas, United States||Moved up to featherweight.|
|Win||5–0||Danny Tims||Decision (split)||Bellator 32||October 14, 2010||3||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Win||4–0||William Joplin||Decision (unanimous)||CFFAC 2: Tribute to America's Heroes||September 11, 2010||3||5:00||Kansas City, Kansas, United States|
|Win||3–0||Chad Vandenberg||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Bellator 22||June 17, 2010||3||1:35||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Win||2–0||Ramiro Hernandez||Decision (unanimous)||Pinnacle Combat MMA 4||February 27, 2010||3||5:00||Dubuque, Iowa, United States|
|Win||1–0||Tim Gorman||Decision (split)||MFDM: Ballroom Brawl 3||November 13, 2009||3||5:00||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
Mixed martial arts amateur recordEdit
|Amateur record breakdown|
|3 matches||3 wins||0 losses|
|Win||3–0||Nick Quangvan||Submission (armbar)||RCC 10: Devil's Fights||October 30, 2009||1||2:12||Iowa City, Iowa, United States|
|Win||2–0||R.J. Harrison||TKO (punches)||Glory Fighting Championships 8||October 17, 2009||2||1:37||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
|Win||1–0||Patrick Osborn||TKO (punches)||Glory Fighting Championships 7||June 25, 2009||1||N/A||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
- "Jared Downing's profile". Tapology.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- Jason Schielke (June 17, 2010). "Bellator XXII live play-by-play from Kansas City P&L district". Bleacherreport.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- Jesse Holland (October 15, 2010). "Bellator 32 results from Oct. 14 in Kansas City". MMAmania.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- "Shark Fights 16 results: Josh Neer trumps Jesse Juarez in Texas". MMAmadman.com. June 26, 2011. Archived from the original on March 2, 2013. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- John DeAvila Jr. (October 16, 2011). "Shark Fights 20: Clifford Starks and Roberto Vargas earn decision victories to top off awesome fight card". UScombatsports.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- Geno Mrosko (December 19, 2011). "RFA results: Jens Pulver knocked out -- again (video)". MMAmania.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- MMAjunkie.com staff (April 1, 2012). "Weekend winners include 50-year-old Smith, Yvel, Kawajiri, Bustamante, Leites, Parisyan". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on August 9, 2013. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- MMAjunkie.com staff (December 1, 2012). "Resurrection Fighting Alliance 5 results: Downing outworks Rinaldi for belt". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on July 29, 2013. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- MMAjunkie.com staff (June 22, 2013). "RFA 8 results: Pettis wins quick, Palmer edges Downing". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- MMAjunkie.com staff (July 12, 2013). "Jared Downing replaces Rob Emerson, meets Patricio 'Pitbull' at Bellator 97". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on August 20, 2013. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- Luke Thomas (July 31, 2013). "Bellator 97 results: Michael Chandler, Ben Askren cruise to easy title defenses". MMAfighting.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- Brian Knapp (October 18, 2013). "Rick Hawn, Ron Keslar advance to season 9 welterweight final at Bellator 104". Sherdog.com. Retrieved November 4, 2013.