Ambiguity and clarificationEdit
Many other sports that use the welterweight class, such as boxing, kickboxing, and Muay Thai, define it as below about 147 lbs (67 kg). The MMA welterweight class is therefore significantly heavier than the welterweight class of these other sports. For the sake of uniformity, many American mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 156 and 170 lb (71 and 77 kg) as welterweights. This encompasses the Shooto middleweight division (167 lb / 76 kg).
This table is not always up to date. Last updated August 24, 2020.
|UFC||March 3, 2019||Kamaru Usman||17–1 (6KO 2SUB)||2|
|Bellator MMA||October 26, 2019||Douglas Lima||32–7 (14KO 12SUB)||0|
|ONE Championship||October 25, 2019||Kiamrian Abbasov||22–4 (7KO 4SUB)||0|
|Fight Nights Global||April 6, 2019||Dmitry Bikrev||12–3 (8KO 1SUB)||1|
|KSW||October 6, 2018||Roberto Soldić||17–3 (14KO 1SUB)||1|
|Titan FC||March 15, 2019||Michael Graves||9–1 (4KO 2SUB)||1|
|ACA||April 26, 2019||Albert Tumenov||22–4 (14KO)||1|
|Legacy Fighting Alliance||August 21, 2020||Jaleel Willis||13–2 (5KO)||0|
Most wins in Welterweight title boutsEdit
- Note: the list includes wins in bouts for welterweight titles of major promotions (UFC, Strikeforce, WEC, Bellator)
- Note: the list includes both undisputed and interim champions
- Active title reign
|Name||Promotion||Title bout wins|
|Nick Diaz||WEC, Strikeforce||5 (1 WEC, 4 Strikeforce)|
|Carlos Condit||WEC, UFC||5 (4 WEC, 1 UFC)|
- a.^ Fight was recorded as a "Majority Decision Draw". Woodley retained his title.
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 467 - Unarmed Combat". www.leg.state.nv.us. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". Association of Boxing Commissions. Archived from the original on 2012-07-05. Retrieved 2012-07-15.