Ini Edo (born 23 April 1982) is a Nigerian actress. Ini Edo began her film career in 2000, and has featured in more than 100 movies since her debut. In 2013,Ini Edo was a judge for the Miss Black Africa UK Pageant. In 2014, Miss Ini Edo was appointed by the United Nations as a United Nations Habitat Youth Envoy.
Iniobong Edo Ekim
23 April 1982
|Alma mater||University of Uyo|
University of Calabar
National Open University of Nigeria
|Spouse(s)||Philip Ehiagwina (2008–2014)|
Early life and educationEdit
Ini Edo is an Ibibio from Akwa Ibom state in the south-south part of Nigeria, not far from Calabar. Her mother was a teacher, and her father a church elder. Ini Edo had a strict upbringing, the second of four children, three girls, one boy. She attended Cornelia Connely College in Uyo. She graduated from the University of Uyo where she got a Diploma in Theatre Arts. She also completed her bachelor's degree program at the University of Calabar where she studied English. In 2014 she got a scholarship to study law at National Open University of Nigeria.
Her acting career started in 2003 with her debut in Thick Madam. Ini Edo was discovered by a producer at the audition she attended. Her breakthrough came in 2004 when she acted in World Apart. She has appeared in over 100 films; Ini Edo is one of the most successful actresses in Nigeria. She earned a "Best Lead Actress" nomination at the 11th Africa Movie Academy Awards for her performance in the movie "While you slept"
Ini Edo, however, in 2017, made it clear that only hardwork can get one to the top in the Nollywood industry as there are many distractions. But she encouraged that with determination, one would get there.
It's no news that Ini Edo didn't have a successful marriage as she was heart broken by her ex-husband Philip Ehiagwina, Ini Edo was madly in love with him for 6 years and faithful in her relationship with him even though she at the time was every man's desire but ventually fights began to occur. The last occurrence that broke out was the house Ini bought in Lekki, a beautiful edifice.“Philips wanted it to be a joint property, but Ini vehemently said no, that she would have none of that. Philips was said to have threatened to move out of their home if Ini refused to put his name on the deed. She stood her grounds and Philips also made good his threat. He moved out of the house and took up residence with another lady in Accra, Ghana which has been his home for the past six months. All entreaties by family members for Philips to return home were rebuffed; he wanted his name on the deed or no marriage. For three months, Ini Edo did not set her eyes on her husband and he had started flaunting his new girlfriend to spite Ini. Scheduled appointments by her father in-law to resolve the issue amicably were rebuffed by Philips and ini was shocked so there is no truth to the story that was said of Ini Edo been involved in extra-marital affairs. It was Philips who actually did not respect the sanctity of his marital vows. While still legally married, he left his matrimonial home and moved in with another lady in Ghana”. 
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2009||2009 Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Actress Leading Role (Yoruba)||Won|
|2011||Zulu African Film Academy Awards||Best Actress Indigenous||Edika Nigeria||Won|
|2012||2012 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards||Best Actress In Leading role||In a cupboard||Nominated|
|Female Viewers Choice||Herself||Nominated|
|Honorarium Appreciation Award||Won|
|2013||2013 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards||Female Viewers Choice||Won|
|Cross River Movie Award||Best Act Female(English)||Behind The Melody||Won|
|Nafca||Best supporting Actress||Weekend Getaway||Won|
|2014||2014 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards||Best Actress Leading Role||Nkasi The Village Fighter||Nominated|
|Best Comedic act||Nominated|
|Best Actress-Viewers Choice||Nominated|
|2015||2015 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards||Best Actress||while you slept||Nominated|
|Female Viewers Choice||Nominated|
|2015 Ghana Movie Awards||Best Actress - Africa Collaboration||Won|
|11th Africa Movie Academy Awards||Best Actress Leading Role||Nominated|
|2016||2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards||Best Actress in a Comedy||Desperate housegirls||Nominated|
|2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards||Best Actress- TV Series||Nominated|
|2018||2018 ZAFAA Global Awards ||Best Actress Award||Won|
|2004||World Apart||Ulinma||With Kenneth Okonkwo, Liz Benson and Hilda Dokubo|
|Eye of the Gods||With Olu Jacobs, Stephanie Linus, Muna Obiekwe|
|Beautiful Faces||With Stephanie Linus|
|2005||Ultimate Crisis||With Rita Dominic and Olu Jacobs|
|The Begotten||With Rita Dominic|
|Only Love||With Rita Dominic and Olu Jacobs|
|Last Game||With Rita Dominic|
|Desperate Billionaire||With Rita Dominic and Kanayo O. Kanayo|
|Lonely Hearts||With Stephanie Linus|
|2006||Girls Cot||With Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Dominic, Uche Jombo|
|Secret Fantasy||With Uche Jombo|
|Price of Fame||With Uche Jombo and Mike Ezuruonye|
|Married to the Enemy||with Mercy Johnson, Desmond Elliot|
|Games Men Play||with Chioma Chukwukwa,Jimy Ike, Kate Henshaw-Nuttal, Dakore Akande, Kalu Ikeagwu,Chinedu Ikedze|
|2007||Sleek Ladies||With Rita Dominic|
|Most Wanted Bachelor||With Uche Jombo and Mike Ezuruonye|
|2009||Love Games||With Uche Jombo and Jackie Appiah|
|Reloaded (2009 film)||Tayo||With Ramsey Nouah, Stephanie Linus, Rita Dominic Nse Ike Eptim and Desmond Elliot|
|Live To Remember||With Mercy Johnson|
|2014||Caro The Iron Bender||Caro|
|Ghetto Queen||With Funke Akindele|
|Power of Beauty|
|Ass on Fire|
|2017||The Patient||Nurse||Featuring Seun Akindele and directed by Sobe Charles Umeh|
|2019||Chief Daddy||Ekanem||Featuring Richard Mofe Damijo and directed by Niyi Akinmolayan|
- Fatal Seduction
- The Greatest Sacrifice
- My Heart Your Home
- No Where to Run
- Stolen Tomorrow
- Sacrifice for Love
- Silence of the Gods
- Too Late to Claim
- Total Control
- War Game
- 11:45... Too Late
- The Bank Manager
- The Bet
- Cold War
- Crying Angel
- Desperate Need
- Emotional Blackmail
- I Want My Money
- Last Picnic
- Living in Tears
- Living Without You
- Men Do Cry
- My Precious Son
- One God One Nation
- Weekend getaway
- Pretty Angels
- Red Light
- Royal Package
- Security Risk
- Songs of Sorrow
- Tears for Nancy
- Eyes of Love
- Faces of Beauty
- Indecent Girl
- I Swear
- Love Crime
- Love & Marriage
- Negative Influence
- Not Yours!
- The One I Trust
- Sisters On Fire
- Royalty Apart
- Never Let Go
- End of Do or Die Affair
- Darkness of Sorrows
- Final Sorrow
- Behind The Melody
- Memories of The Heart
- Royal Gift
- Save The Last Dance
- Battle For Bride
- Caged Lovers
- In The Cupboard
- Hunted Love
- Anointed Queen
- A Dance For The Prince
- Bride's War
- Tears In The Palace
- Slip of Fate
- At All Cost
- Mad Sex
- The Princess of My Life
- Inale (2010)
- I'll Take My Chances (2011)
- Nkasi The Village Fighter
- Nkasi The Sprot Girl
- The Return of Nkasi
- Soul of a Maiden
- "Blood is Money"
- Citation (film)(2020)
- James, Osaremen Ehi (23 April 2013), "Celebrity Birthday: Ini Edo Adds Another Year, Turns 31", Congo films, NFC Media Group, retrieved 11 May 2013.
- [dead link]
- "Ini Edo: Married But Living Single, Refuse To Join Her Husband In The U.S", Osun Defender, 3 May 2013, retrieved 11 May 2013.
- "T.I.N MAGAZINE: Actress INI EDO Full Biography,Life And News". www.takemetonaija.com. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- Victor Enengedi "INI EDO ANNOUNCED AS JUDGE FOR THE MISS BLACK AFRICA UK PAGEANT" Archived 5 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine, NET, 19 August 2013. Retrieved on 8 May 2014.
- "Nollywood meet Bollywood As UN-Habitat Appoints Youth Envoys.", AllAfrica.com, 14 April 2011. Retrieved on 8 May 2014.
- "Ini Edo Gets University Scholarship & Admission To Study Law At NOUN". NaijaGistsBlog Nigeria, Nollywood, Celebrity, News, Entertainment, Gist, Gossip, Inspiration, Africa. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- "Ini Edo Biography, Life History, Wedding Video, Latest News & Pictures". NaijaGistsBlog Nigeria, Nollywood, Celebrity ,News, Entertainment, Gist, Gossip, Inspiration, Africa. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Ini Edo Reflects On Her Career Growth". Guardian Nigeria. 20 May 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "Exchanging sex for roles not worth it –Ini Edo". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved 24 February 2021.
- "Entertainers turn up for Ini Edo's birthday celebration". Gist Flare. 26 February 2020. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "Ini Edo finds love again". PM News Nigeria. 26 February 2020. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- Edo, Ini. "Why ini edo's marrige failed". Vanguard. Ekerete Udoh. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Ini Edo thanks Glo as she steps aside as their ambassador - Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog". Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog. 29 October 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- "Noble Hair Range Unveil Ini Edo as the Brand Ambassador - Olori Supergal". Olori Supergal. 14 October 2011. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- "Actress Ini Edo Becomes Brand Ambassador for Slimtea Nigeria!". Linda Ikeji's Blog. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- "Superstar actress, Ini Edo, reveals her best picture of the year". Vangaurd Newspaper. 20 October 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "Ini Edo appointed Special Assistant on Tourism to A'Ibom Governor | TODAY.ng". TODAY. 5 February 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "CROSSRIVER MOVIE AWARDS 2013 – FULL LIST OF WINNERS". WetinHappen Magazine. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- Edo, Ini. "Zafaa Awards". SOL TV.