Ingå – Inkoo
Location of Ingå in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Jarl Boström|
|• Total||954.02 km2 (368.35 sq mi)|
|• Land||349.85 km2 (135.08 sq mi)|
|• Water||604.21 km2 (233.29 sq mi)|
|Area rank||220th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||163rd largest in Finland|
|• Density||15.28/km2 (39.6/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Swedish||56% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||15.1%|
|• 15 to 64||59.2%|
|• 65 or older||25.8%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.75%|
Ingå is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Uusimaa region. The municipality has a population of 5,346 (31 March 2021) and covers an area of 954.02 square kilometres (368.35 sq mi) of which 604.21 km2 (233.29 sq mi) is water. The population density is 15.28 inhabitants per square kilometre (39.6/sq mi).
Finnish national road 51 goes right through the southern part of Ingå.
The centre consists mainly of the road Bollstavägen that cuts through the Ingå centrum. Along the road are most of the major buildings and shops of the small municipality. A few grocery stores, small kiosk, library and a bar. Towards the Road 51 there is the residential area. Near road 51, at the northern tip of the residential area is the Ingå Volunteer Rescue Company. Nearby villages include Kusans.
Results of the 2011 Finnish parliamentary election in Ingå:
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Preliminary population structure by area, 2021M01*-2021M03*". StatFin (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age (1-year) and sex by area and the regional division of each statistical reference year, 2003-2020". StatFin. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2021" (PDF). Tax Administration of Finland. 1 December 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
Media related to Ingå at Wikimedia Commons
Ingå travel guide from Wikivoyage