The India Open is an annual badminton event which has been held in India since 2008 and is a BWF World Tour Super 500 Grade international badminton tournament. Its inaugural edition was to be held in Hyderabad in 2007, but it was cancelled due to the Hyderabad bombings. Its first three editions were designated as Grand Prix Gold events.
In 2011, it was upgraded to the BWF Superseries tournament. Since then, it has been held annually at the Siri Fort Sports Complex, New Delhi. BWF categorised India Open as one of the seven BWF World Tour Super 500 events as per new BWF events structure since 2018.
- This tournament, originally to be played from 8 to 13 December, was later cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic in India.
Performance by nationsEdit
From 1973 to 2019 edition.
- "BWF Launches New Events Structure". 2017-11-29.
- "Hyderabad to host inaugural Yonex Sunrise India Open 2007". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Indian Open badminton is officially off". Zee News. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Indian Open to become a Super Series event from 2011". NDTV. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "India Open Super Series from April 26". The Hindu. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "India Grand Prix Gold".
- "India Grand Prix Gold 2008". tournamentsoftware.com/. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Yonex Sunrise India Open 2009". tournamentsoftware.com/. Retrieved 8 October 2015.