The public joint stock company Ilyushin Aviation Complex, operating as Ilyushin (Russian: Илью́шин) or as Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a former Soviet and now a Russian aircraft manufacturer and design bureau, founded in 1933 by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Soviet/Russian nomenclature identifies aircraft from Ilyushin with the prefix "Il-" (Russian: Ил-). Ilyushin has its head office in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
|Founded||13 January 1933|
|Founder||Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin|
|Fate||merged into United Aircraft Corporation|
|Products||Military, transport and civilian aircraft|
|Parent||United Aircraft Corporation|
Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on 13 January 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. 
In 1970, the position of chief designer was taken by G. V. Novozhilov
In 2006, the Russian government merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
In July 2014, it was reported that Ilyushin and Myasishchev would merge to form the United Aircraft Corporation business unit Transport Aircraft.
Subsidiaries and divisionsEdit
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin Finance Co is a dedicated leasing and finance subsidiary that provides financial services for Ilyushin as well as other manufacturers.
- ^ "JSC «IL» in General Archived 2010-08-22 at the Wayback Machine." Ilyushin. Retrieved on 8 December 2010.
- ^ "Official Address of the JSC «IL» Archived 2011-09-07 at the Wayback Machine." Ilyushin. Retrieved on 8 December 2010. "45 "G" Leningradsky Avenue, Moscow, 125190, Russian Federation." Address in Russian Archived 2011-08-27 at the Wayback Machine: "125190 Российская Федерация, город Москва, Ленинградский проспект, дом 45 "Г"."
- ^ "Ilyushin: Background".
- ^ "Russian Aircraft Industry Seeks Revival Through Merger." The New York Times. February 22, 2006.
- ^ "Интеграция ОАО "Ил" и ОАО "ЭМЗ им. В.М. Мясищева" ... | ОАО "Ил"". www.ilyushin.org. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- ^ "ОАО "Ил" и ОАО "ЭМЗ им. В.М. Мясищева": курс на... | ОАО "Ил"". www.ilyushin.org. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- ^ "ILYUSHIN FINANCE CO". www.ifc-leasing.com. Retrieved 2017-10-03.