Igor Olegovich Shestyorkin (Russian: Игорь Олегович Шестёркин, born 30 December 1995) is a Russian professional ice hockey goaltender. He is currently under contract with the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the New York Rangers in the fourth round, 118th overall, of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
30 December 1995|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||183 lb (83 kg; 13 st 1 lb)|
New York Rangers|
SKA Saint Petersburg
118th overall, 2014|
New York Rangers
Shestyorkin played as a youth with Krylya Sovetov Moscow before he was selected by Spartak Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League, 43rd overall in the 2012 KHL Draft, as a 16-year old. He played his first season within Spartak, at the MHL level, featuring for MHK Spartak in the 2012–13 season.
Shestyorkin made his professional and KHL debut midway through the following 2013–14 season, recalled from MHK to close out the final 8 minutes for Spartak in relief of Alexei Ivanov in a 5–3 defeat to HC Ugra on 20 January 2014. He was given his first start three days later, allowing 2 goals in a 3–1 loss to Lokomotiv Yaroslavl on 23 January 2014. In his eighth appearance, Shestyorkin collected his first win, making 33 saves in a 3–0 shutout victory over HC Slovan Bratislava on 2 March 2014. Returning the MHL, Shestyorkin registered a 12–7 record in 19 playoff games, along with a 1.75 goals against averange and a .937 save percentage, and four shutouts to help MHK Spartak win the MHL Championship.
While out of contract from Spartak and showing strong potential, Shestyorkin signed a contract with perennial powerhouse SKA Saint Petersburg on 6 June 2014. As the fifth ranked goalie entering the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Shestyorkin was selected in the fourth round, 118th overall, by the New York Rangers on 28 June 2014.
Olympic Athletes from Russia
|World Junior Championships|
Shestyorkin was a member of the Olympic Athletes from Russia team at the 2018 Winter Olympics. While capturing the Gold medal, he did not see any action throughout the tournament as the nations third goaltender.
Shestyorkin represented Russia and was one of top goaltenders at the following 2018 World Championships in Denmark. He finished with two victories - both shutouts - and a 1.46 goals against average and a .942 save percentage, both of which were the third-best at the event.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
|2014–15||SKA Saint Petersburg||KHL||6||3||0||3||231||9||0||2.33||.917||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||SKA Saint Petersburg||KHL||7||5||2||0||419||18||1||2.58||.912||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||SKA Saint Petersburg||KHL||39||27||4||6||2191||60||8||1.64||.937||5||4||1||228||7||0||1.84||.940|
|2017–18||SKA Saint Petersburg||KHL||28||20||4||4||1593||45||7||1.70||.933||1||0||0||1||0||0||0.00||1.000|
|2018–19||SKA Saint Petersburg||KHL||28||24||4||0||1681||31||10||1.11||.953||10||4||5||522||17||0||1.95||.904|
- "Ugra 5, Spartak 3 Game Summary" (in Russian). Kontinental Hockey League. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2014. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Lokomotiv 3 - Spartak 1". Kontinental Hockey League. 23 January 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2014. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Spartak blank Slovan 3-0". Kontinental Hockey League. 2 March 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "SKA sign goaltender prospect Shestyorkin" (in Russian). SKA Saint Petersburg. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 3 February 2018. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Rangers select Igor Shestyorkin at 118". sny.tv. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 3 February 2018. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Rangers Agree to Terms With Vitali Kravtsov and Igor Shesterkin". NHL.com. 3 May 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Season in review: Igor Shestyorkin". New York Rangers. 14 June 2018. Retrieved 14 June 2018. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: