Linus Ullmark (born 31 July 1993) is a Swedish professional ice hockey goaltender currently playing for the Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Sabres in the sixth round, 163rd overall, of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Ullmark in 2018
31 July 1993|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||213 lb (97 kg; 15 st 3 lb)|
163rd overall, 2012|
In his first season in North America, Ullmark attended the Sabres' training camp. After recovery from an early injury, he was assigned to begin the 2015–16 season with the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL). Ullmark played in three games before being recalled to the Sabres on 23 October 2015. He made his NHL debut the following day, making 24 saves in a 4–3 defeat to the New Jersey Devils. His first victory came in his second start, a 3–1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers.
Ullmark would spend majority of the subsequent season with the Americans, amassing a record of 26–27–2. He appeared in one game for the Sabres, falling 4–2 to the Tampa Bay Lightning. On 13 June 2017, the Sabres re-signed Ullmark to a two-year, $1.5 million contract with an annual average of $750,000.
Ullmark joined the Sabres full-time during the 2018-19 season. In his season debut on 13 October, he recorded his first career NHL shutout, stopping all 36 shots faced in a 3-0 win over the Arizona Coyotes. On 22 December, Ullmark stopped all 40 shots faced to shut out the Anaheim Ducks 3-0. Overall, he recorded a (15-14-5) record in 37 games while backing up Carter Hutton.
On 3 August 2019, the Sabres re-signed Ullmark to a one-year, $1.325 million.
Ullmark is a fan of esports, and of Dota 2 in particular. On 18 March 2019 he appeared on a Dota 2 podcast where he discussed the differences between playing Dota and hockey, as well as comparisons between the professional scenes of competitive gaming and traditional sports.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
- "Sabres sign Ullmark to three-year entry level contract". Buffalo Sabres. 27 May 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Devils defeat Sabres for fourth win in a row". National Hockey League. 24 October 2015. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "O'Reilly, Eichel get Sabres over Flyers 3-1". USA Today. 30 October 2015. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Sabres re-sign Ullmark to two-year deal". The Sports Network. 13 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- Callari, Jenna. "A night of firsts for Dahlin and Ullmark as Sabres beat Coyotes 3-0". WKBW Buffalo. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- Lysowski, Lance. "Sabres fend off third-period rally, shut out Ducks, 3-0, to end losing streak". Buffalo News. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "Ullmark agrees to 1-year contract". Buffalo Sabres. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- moonducktv (18 March 2019), Trent & Zyori Podcast #142 w/ Linus Ullmark, retrieved 28 April 2019