|Born||December 15, 1972|
St. Paul, Minnesota
|Alma mater||University of Minnesota (BA) Penn State University (MBA)|
|Organization||RANDIAN (since 2012)|
Truitner studied at the University of Minnesota and Penn State University. He was awarded Alumni of Notable Achievement by the University of Minnesota in 2017. Truitner is a U.S. Army veteran, serving during Operation Desert Storm.
In 2015 Truitner was granted a U.S. patent on a streaming media bookmarking, cataloging and purchasing system for RANDIAN, a company he co-founded with Randall Scerbo Truitner, which was funded by Amanda Crew, Marc Ferrari, New York-based R&R Ventures, William Marsh Rice University and Quake Capital. He presented RANDIAN technology to Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge at the Variety Venture Capital and New Media Summit.
A member of the Directors Guild of America, Truitner was a panelist at the 2016 C3 Visual Communications DGA: Utilizing Emerging Technology to Enhance Your Storytelling Panel and was a Guest of Honor at science-fiction convention CONvergence in 2017.
In May 2020 Truitner directed a campaign to raise funds for the American Nurses Association's philanthropic arm the American Nurses Foundation. The spot featuring Rita Wilson, Constance Wu, Noah Wyle, Kate Flannery, Joan Lunden, Angelica Maria, Parminder Nagra and Simon Helberg was created to raise funds for nurses treating COVID-19 patients.
|2017||Teleios||Writer, Director||Boston Science Fiction Film Festival|
|2013||Coffee and Sugar||Writer, Director||Cannes Film Festival Short Film Corner|
|2008||Expecting Love||Co-Producer||Seattle Polish Film Festival|
|2008||Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight||Editor|
|2008||Unstable Fables: The Goldilocks and the 3 Bears Show||Editor|
|2006||Cutting Room (film)||Writer, Director||Milan International Film Festival|
|2006||F8||Writer, Director||New York International Independent Film & Video Festival|
|2005||Untold Stories of the ER||Writer||8 Episodes|
|2005||Dies Irae||Writer, Director||Palm Beach International Film Festival|
|2003||Salome's Kiss||Writer, Director|
|2001||Richard Roe||Writer, Director||Seattle International Film Festival|
|1999||The Interview||Writer, Director||Sarasota Film Festival|
- Whittaker, Richard (April 17, 2017). "The Dystopia of Perfection in Teleios". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Griffiths, Dave (September 12, 2017). "Beyond The Trek with Ian Truitner". Heavy. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Turcan, Marie (March 15, 2018). "6 real-life tech startups funded by actors from HBO's 'Silicon Valley'". Business Insider. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Drakulic, Kate (October 26, 2017). "Q&A: UMN Theatre Alumnus Ian Truitner". Minnesota Daily. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "Army vet rallies celebrities to create PSA to help frontline nurses in the fight against COVID-19". We Are the Mighty. May 27, 2020.
- "Cutting Room". April 4, 2005.
- "Cutting Room". Letterboxd. April 5, 2012. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- "W.M.D." Riverfront Times. April 1, 2015.
- "W.M.D." SF Weekly. May 1, 2015. Retrieved 5 May 2018.
- Barton, Steve (September 12, 2016). "'Teleios' Touches Down at Shriekfest". Dread Central. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- Coffel, Chris (September 26, 2016). "'Teleios' Touches Down at Shriekfest". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- "2018 Winners". American Movie Awards. June 26, 2018. Archived from the original on June 26, 2018. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- "Patents Assigned to Randian LLC". Justia. February 3, 2015.
- "This LA Startup Just Raised $500K to Bring a Seamless E-commerce Experience While You View Videos Online". LA TECHWATCH. June 12, 2018.
- "Prince William Jokes About Nude Pics, Kate's Shopping Habits". Us Weekly. July 9, 2011.
- "Ian Truitner Photos". Zimbio. July 7, 2011.
- "Ian Truitner". Directors Guild of America. June 26, 2018.
- Yu, Phil (April 18, 2016). "C3: THE CONFERENCE FOR CREATIVE CONTENT". Angry Asian Man. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "CONvergence 2017: To Infinity & Beyond". Twin Cities Geek. June 26, 2018.
- "Saymoukda Vongsay is CONvergence guest of honor". Asian American Press. May 19, 2017.
- "Constance Wu, Rita Wilson and More Celebs Unite to #ThanksNurses In New Video". Variety (magazine). May 28, 2020.
- "#thanksnurses Celebrity Video". Ads of the World. May 30, 2020.