This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jennifer Lilley (born August 4, 1984) is an American actress and singer. Lilley played a supporting role in the 2011 film The Artist, temporarily portrayed Maxie Jones on the ABC soap opera General Hospital from September 2011 to August 2012, and has played the character of Theresa Donovan on NBC's soap opera Days of Our Lives since July 2013. She has also starred in several television films from Hallmark Channel.
Lilley in 2013
August 4, 1984
Roanoke, Virginia, U.S.
Jason Wayne (m. 2007)
Lilley was born in Roanoke, Virginia to Ellen and Vincent Lilley. She is the second oldest of four children. She has two brothers, Michael and Ryan, and one sister, Katherine. Lilley graduated from Cave Spring High School. She went on to attend the University of Virginia and graduated early with magna cum laude honors.[better source needed]
In the fall of 2011, Lilley took over the role of Maxie Jones, as a temporary recast for Kirsten Storms on General Hospital while she was on medical leave for endometriosis. She made her on-screen debut on September 28, 2011. In August 2012, Lilley confirmed that she had finished taping and made her on-screen exit on August 20, 2012; Storms later returned on September 5.
In April 2013, Lilley joined the cast of Days of Our Lives as a newly created character. She made her on-screen debut as Theresa Donovan on July 3, 2013. In June 2016, she confirmed she was exiting the soap due to the demanding filming schedule hindering her ability to pursue other commitments and opportunities. Lilley reprised her portrayal as Theresa in May–July 2018. In November 2016, Lilley appeared in a film for the Hallmark Channel titled A Dash of Love.
In the summer of 2014, Lilley traveled to Georgia, where she hosted and sang in a benefit concert with SOWEGA Art Performance to raise funds for ONEless Ministries.
On November 24, 2015, Lilley released her first Christmas album, "Tinsel Time". The album's title track premiered on TV Guide's TV Insider. On October 5, 2018, Lilley debuted her studio single, "King of Hearts" from her forthcoming album, Lilley.
On May 26, 2007, Lilley married her husband Jason Wayne. In 2016, Lilley and her husband became foster parents through the organization, Childhelp. In June 2019, Lilley and Wayne adopted their son and in July 2019, she gave birth to a daughter.
|2007||Suburban Skies||Janey Richardson|
|2011||The Back-up Bride||Daisy Spur|
|2011||The Sticky Chocolate Kingdom||Audrey|
|2012||One Small Hitch||Larissa|
|2012||The Olivia Experiment||Felicia|
|2013||Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End||Rachel McManus|
|2013||The Book of Esther||Esther|
|2013||Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass and Fire||Rachel McManus|
|2014||Turnaround Jake||Jessica Henry|
|2016||Crossing Streets||Cate Anderson|
|2018||Off the Menu||Lauren|
|TBA||Where Are You, Bobby Browning?||Patsy||Completed|
|2007||Hannah Montana||Swimsuit Model||Episode: "That's What Friends are For"|
|2008||Two and a Half Men||Bridesmaid No. 4||Episode: "Rough Night in Hump Junction"|
|2008||Ingles Ya!||Sirena / Mandy||19 Episodes|
|2009||Criminal Minds||Megan Chertow||Episode: "The Eyes Have It"|
|2010||Castle||Julia Foster||Episode: "Punked" (season 3)|
|2011||Rules of Engagement||Barista||Episode: "The Power Couple"|
|2011||Disaster Date||Various||Series regular (18 episodes)|
|2011||iParty with Victorious||Monie||Television film (Nickelodeon)|
|2011||PrankStars||Herself||Episode: "Something to Chew On" (premiere)|
|2011–2012||General Hospital||Maxie Jones||Series Regular (113 episodes)|
|2012||The Dark Knight Retires||Carly||Web series; recurring role|
|2012||Petty Offense||Laura||Series regular|
|2013||The Crazy Ones||Claire||Episode: "Bad Dad"|
|2013–2016, 2018||Days of Our Lives||Theresa Donovan||Series regular: July 3, 2013 to November 18, 2016; May 3, 2018 to July 19, 2018|
|2014||Dating in LA and Other Urban Myths||Chloe||Series regular (8 episodes)|
|2014–2015||Youthful Daze||Natalie Cardin||Series regular (48 episodes)|
|2015||The Spirit of Christmas||Kate Jordan||Television film (Lifetime)|
|2016||The Encounter||Nora Huber||Episode: "Just Believe"|
|2016||Grey's Anatomy||Kara||Episode: "I Ain’t No Miracle Worker"|
|2017||Mommy, I Didn't Do It||Kimberly Bains||Television film (Lifetime)|
|2017||A Dash of Love||Nikki Turner||Television film (Hallmark)|
|2017||Eat, Play, Love||Dr. Carly Monroe||Television film (Hallmark)|
|2017||Harvest Love||Luna Gilson||Television film (Hallmark)|
|2018||The Wedding Do Over||Sandy Brantwell||Television film (PixL)|
|2018||Evil Doctor||Aubrey Lewis||Television film (Lifetime)|
|2018||Twin Betrayal||Jessica & Alessandra||Television film (Lifetime)|
|2018||Yes, I Do||Charlotte||Television film (Hallmark); also known as For Today I Do|
|2018||Mingle All The Way||Molly||Television film (Hallmark)|
|2019||Winter Love Story||Cassie||Television film (Hallmark)|
|2019||Paris, Wine & Romance||Isabella Ricci||Television film (Hallmark)|
|2019||Love Unleashed||Hailey Goode||Television film (Hallmark)|
|2019||Love on Repeat||Amber||Television film|
|2019||Angel Falls: A Novel Holiday||Hannah||Television film (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2014||Indie Series Awards||Best Lead Actress – Drama||Youthful Daze||Nominated|||
- Allen, Mike (July 18, 2014). "Arts & Extras: Roanoke County-raised actress Jen Lilley reveals her age for charitable causes". The Roanoke Times. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- "Birthday Spotlight: Jen Lilley (ex-Theresa, DAYS)". Soap Opera Digest. August 4, 2017. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- Lilley, Jen (November 23, 2019). "She's here!! LINK TO FULL STORY IN BIO. Thank you @ people for being so supportive and lovely the entire journey!". Instagram. Retrieved August 1, 2019.
- "Jen Lilley on Making Music That Gives, 'Days of Our Lives' & Her New Hallmark Holiday Movie". TV Insider. October 18, 2018. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- "ACT TWO". Soap Opera Digest. August 12, 2013. p. 39.
- "Free Lilley." Soap Opera Digest. May 8, 2012. p. 55.
- Durrell, Angela (August 26, 2015). "Slicing: Pie with Jen Lilley - Interview". Retrieved October 4, 2013.
- Norris, Jane (May 27, 2011). "UVa graduate gains notice in Hollywood". The Daily Progress. Archived from the original on January 20, 2013. Retrieved May 28, 2011.
- Kroll, Dan J. (September 14, 2011). "Illness sidelines Kirsten Storms, forces Maxie recast". Soapcentral. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Kroll, Dan J. (July 22, 2012). "Emotional Jen Lilley thanks fans for support". Soapcentral. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- Simms, Richard M. (July 23, 2012). "Storms Is Back As Maxie". ABC Soaps In Depth. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- Roots, Kimberly (July 23, 2012). "General Hospital Casting News: Kirsten Storms to Return! Jen Lilley Out!". TV Line. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- "Kirsten Storms Back To Work At GH". Soap Opera Digest. August 21, 2012. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- "EXCLUSIVE! Jen Lilley joins DAYS". Soap Opera Digest. April 6, 2013. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- "Comings and Goings". Soap Opera Digest (July 9, 2013). 2013.
- Pederson, Erik (June 6, 2016). "Days Of Our Lives Star Jen Lilley Exiting After 3 Years". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
- SOD (November 17, 2017). "Exclusive! Jen Lilley Back To DAYS!". Soap Opera Digest. United States. Archived from the original on November 17, 2017. Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- "Days' Jen Lilley At Westchester All Stars Christmas Concert". Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- Cushman, Dustin (February 1, 2017). "Days' Jen Lilley unveils photos from Hallmark's 'A Dash of Love'". Soap Central.
- "Actress in town for anti-human trafficking awareness". Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- Logan, Michael (November 18, 2015). "First Listen: Days of Our Lives Star Jen Lilley Gets Into the Holiday Spirit With New Christmas Album". TV Insider.
- Rose, Kamille (November 14, 2018). "Jen Lilley's Move to Music Pays Off". Hers Magazine. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- "Wed Alert". Soap Opera Digest. American Media, Inc. 39 (20): 40. May 19, 2014.
- Campell, Angie (May 9, 2017). "One on one with actress and foster mom Jen Lilley". Upstate Parent. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- Eades, Chris (October 17, 2018). "Jen Lilley Reveals How Fostering, Adoption, and Her Miscarriage Have Changed Her Life". CBS Soaps in Depth. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- Haven, Riley (June 28, 2018). "First Look and Exclusive Interview with Yes, I Do's Jen Lilley". Parade.com. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- Allen, Mike (December 9, 2016). "Arts & Extras: Life after 'Days of Our Lives'". Roanoke.com. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- Harmata, Claudia; Leon, Anya (March 20, 2019). "Jen Lilley Pregnant with Baby Girl After Fostering to Adopt Two Sons – Why She's 'Relieved'". People. United States. Retrieved March 20, 2019.
- Juneau, Jen; Warner, Kara (August 1, 2019). "She's Here! Jen Lilley and Husband Jason Wayne Welcome Daughter Julie Evangeline". People. United States. Retrieved August 1, 2019.
- Clifford, Kambra (September 10, 2018). "DAYS' Jen Lilley and Brant Daugherty team up for holiday film". Soapcentral. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- "6th Annual Indie Series Awards Nominees". indieseriesawards.com. 2014. Archived from the original on August 7, 2015. Retrieved August 7, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jen Lilley.|