Type of site
|Online horror film-related database and reviewer|
|Country of origin||United States|
Bloody Disgusting was founded in 2001 by Brad Miska (under the pseudonym "Mr. Disgusting") and Tom Owen, who run the site along with current managing editor John Squires. By 2007, the site had 1.5 million unique visitors and 20 million page views each month. In September 2007 a minority stake was purchased by The Collective, a Beverly Hills–based management company. In 2011 Bloody Disgusting began distributing and producing films  that have gone on to win awards and spawned the successful V/H/S franchise. In 2017 Bloody Disgusting bought out The Collective and is currently operating as an independently owned company.
Bloody Disgusting has worked on projects with genre writers, directors, and actors including Adam Wingard, Simon Barrett, David Bruckner, Roxanne Benjamin, Joe Swanberg, AJ Bowen, Amy Seimetz, TI West, Radio Silence, Glenn McQuaid, Steven C Miller, Jonny Weston, Jason Eisner, Eduardo Sanchez, Greg Hale, Gareth Evans, Timo Tjahjanto, Marcel Sarmiento, Nacho Vigalondo, Patrick Horvath, Sion Sono, and Trent Haaga.
As Bloody Disgusting grew it evolved into a film production company, releasing horror genre favorites and award-winning films.
- V/H/S – premiered at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival
- V/H/S/2 – premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival
- V/H/S: Viral – premiered at the 2014 Fantastic Fest film festival
- Under The Bed – premiered at the 2012 Fantasia International Film Festival
- A Horrible Way to Die – premiered at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival. It also played at Fantastic Fest where it received three major awards: Best Screenplay for Simon Barrett, Best Actor for AJ Bowen and Best Actress for Amy Seimetz.
- Southbound – premiered at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival
Bloody Disgusting SelectsEdit
In 2011, Bloody Disgusting partnered with AMC Networks and The Collective to create a distribution company named Bloody Disgusting Selects, releasing genre films in AMC theaters and on DVD, Blu-ray, and VOD platforms. Films distributed via Bloody Disgusting Selects films are:
- Alyce Kills
- Atrocious (Directed by Fernando Barreda Luna)
- Blood Runs Cold
- Cold Fish
- Exit Humanity
- Fever Night
- The Haunting of Helena
- Hellacious Acres
- The Pack
- Phase 7
- Truth or Die
- The Woman (Directed by Lucky McKee, written by Jack Ketchum)
- YellowBrickRoad (winner best film at the 2010 New York City Horror Film Festival)
- "Site of the Week: Bloody-Disgusting". AMC.
- Hefflinger, Mark (13 September 2007). "The Collective Buys Horror Film Site Bloody-Disgusting.com". DMW Daily. Archived from the original on 24 July 2008. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Graser, Marc (12 September 2007). "Collective nabs Bloody-Disgusting". Variety. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Zeitchik, Steve. "Horror site Bloody Disgusting now a movie producer, distributor".
- Donato, Matt (2012). "Bloody Disgusting Selects: This Is Only The Beginning". We Got This Covered.
- Zeitchik, Steve (2011-10-14). "Horror site Bloody Disgusting now a movie producer, distributor". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2018-07-11.