Huawei Mate series
The Huawei Mate series (previously the Huawei Ascend Mate series) is a line of high-end Android-powered phablet smartphones produced by Huawei, and is one of the flagship smartphones along with the P series. Since 2016, Huawei has been in a co-engineering partnership with the German manufacturer Leica, whose lenses have subsequently been used on the Mate series.
|Type||Phablet, Smartphone, Tablet|
Huawei Ascend MateEdit
- Display: 6.1" IPS display with 720x1280 pixel resolution
- RAM: 1 or 2 GB
- Battery: 4050 mAh
Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4GEdit
Huawei announced the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G smartphone at CES in 2014.
- Display: 6.1" display with 720x1280 pixel resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
Huawei Ascend Mate 7Edit
Released September 2014
- Display: 6.0 inches , 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 925
Huawei Mate SEdit
- Display: 5.5-inch display with 1080x1920 pixel resolution
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 935
- RAM: 3 GB
- Battery: 2700 mAh
Huawei Mate 8Edit
Released on 26 November 2015 in China and globally Q1 2016.
- Display: 6.0-inch display with 1080x1920 pixel resolution
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 950
- Ram: 4 GB
Huawei Mate 9Edit
Released December 2016
- Display: 5.9-inch display IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 960
- Ram: 4 GB
Huawei Mate 10Edit
Released November 2017
- Display: 5.9-inch display with 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 970
- Ram: 4 GB
Huawei Mate SEEdit
Huawei launched the Huawei Mate SE in the United States on March 6, 2018. It is an essentially a rebranded version of the international Honor 7X, as the Honor 7X smartphone that had previously been released in the United States was different from the international version.
- Display: 5.93-inch display with 1080x2160 pixel resolution
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 659
- Storage: 64 GB (expandable)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Battery: 3340 mAh
- Colors: Gray or Gold
Huawei Mate 20Edit
Huawei announced three phones in the Huawei Mate 20 series, the Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, and Huawei Mate 20 X at an event in London, England on October 16, 2018, after announcing the cheaper Huawei Mate 20 lite in Berlin, Germany on August 31, 2018.
Huawei Mate XEdit
The Mate X is Huawei's first foldable device. The phone offers an 8-inch OLED display that folds outwards, with a wraparound design. While folded, there is a 6.6-inch screen on the front and a 6.38-inch screen on the back.
Huawei Mate 30Edit
The Huawei Mate 30 and Pro versions were unveiled on 19 September 2019 in Munich, Germany and released on 26 September 2019 in China. They are the first models that could be released without pre-installed Google apps because of US sanctions.
Huawei Mate 40Edit
The Huawei Mate 40 and Pro versions were unveiled on 22 October 2020, and do not feature Google services.
Huawei MatePad ProEdit
The Huawei MatePad Pro was announced on 25 November 2019 and was officially released on 12 December 2019. It is one of Huawei's devices to feature no Google services just like many of the company's other recently released devices but still retains Android 10 as the source code for EMUI 10.1. The tablet received mainly positive reviews from critics but was criticised for its camera and lack of a wide variety of apps.
The Huawei MatePad was announced on 23 April 2020 and was officially released on 28 April 2020. It is one of Huawei's devices to feature no Google services just like many of the company's other recently released devices but still retains Android 10 as the source code for EMUI 10.1.
- "Huawei finally has a phone worthy of the Leica brand". Engadget. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Dobie, Alex. "Huawei officially announces the Mate S with Force Touch technology". Android Central. Mobile Nations. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- Whitwam, Ryan. "Huawei Mate SE launches in the US, but it's just a slightly better Honor 7X". Android Police. Illogical Robot LLC. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Gartenberg, Chaim. "The Huawei Mate SE is a US-branded version of the Honor 7X". The Verge. Vox Media, Inc. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Elder, Duncan. "Huawei Mate SE is an Honor 7X with more RAM and storage". Android Authority. Android Authority. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Cantisano, Timi. "Huawei Mate SE makes its U.S. debut price at $229.99". Neowin. Neowin LLC. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Kerns, Taylor. "Huawei announces Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro with big batteries and triple rear cameras, starting at €799". Android Police. Illogical Robot LLC.
- Porter, Jon. "Huawei announces 7.2-inch Mate 20 X". The Verge. Vox Media, Inc.
- Simons, Hadlee. "Huawei Mate 20 lite announced: Four cameras, Kirin 710, AI everywhere". Android Authority. Android Authority.
- "Huawei Mate X arrives with foldable screen and 55W SuperCharge". gsmArena. 24 February 2019. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Huawei Mate X foldable phone with 5G support launched at MWC 2019". techlomedia. 24 February 2019. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- Amadeo, Ron (24 February 2019). "Move over Samsung, Huawei's foldable smartphone is an absolute stunner". Ars Technica. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- phones, James Peckham 2019-09-20T11:39:32Z Mobile. "Hands on: Hands on: Huawei Mate 30 Pro review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2019-09-21.
- "Huawei in public test as it unveils sanction-hit phone". AFP.com. Retrieved 2019-09-21.
- "Hands on with the Huawei MatePad Pro". 9to5google.
- "Huawei Mate 30 5G".
- "Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G".
- "Huawei Mate 30".
- "Huawei Mate 30 Pro".