|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Harrie Nuijten (acting) (PvdA)|
|• Total||96.51 km2 (37.26 sq mi)|
|• Land||94.85 km2 (36.62 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.66 km2 (0.64 sq mi)|
|Elevation||18 m (59 ft)|
|• Density||162/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The biggest tourist attraction is called Beekse Bergen, consisting of a safari park, amusement park/playground, holiday bungalow park, and camping parks. On 16 June 2021, Beekse Bergen was destroyed by a fire caused by a gas leak, destroying the main building.
In the centre of the town the Sint-Petrus'-Banden is a Gothic church from the 14th and 15th centuries. The tower is a highlight of the Kempen Gothic.
The municipality of Hilvarenbeek also includes the following villages with their own churches:
In addition, the following parts were historically separate, but are nowadays more like neighbourhoods:
- Groot Loo
- Grote Voort
- Hoog Spul
- Klein Loo
- Kleine Voort
- Laag Spul
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Hilvarenbeek, June 2015.
- Johannes Goropius Becanus (1519 in Gorp – 1573) a Dutch physician, linguist, and humanist
- Martinus Becanus (1563 in Hilvarenbeek – 1624) a Jesuit priest, theologian and controversialist 
- Jacques Thomassen (born 1945 in Diessen) a Dutch organizational theorist and academic
- Henny Vrienten (born 1948 in Hilvarenbeek) a Dutch composer of TV and film scores 
- Annie Abrahams (born 1954 in Hilvarenbeek) a Dutch performance artist in video installations and the internet
- Henk Baars (born 1960 in Diessen) a former professional Dutch cyclo-cross cyclist
- Ronald van Raak (born 1969 in Hilvarenbeek) a Dutch politician, non-fiction writer and former academic
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 5081CA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Fire destroys Beekse Bergen holiday park buildings". 16 June 2021.
- Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 2 (1913), Martin Becan retrieved 05 October 2019
- IMDb Database retrieved 08 February 2020