Herbert IV, Count of Vermandois
Family and childrenEdit
- Adelaide, Countess of Vermandois, (b. Circa 1062 - d. September 23, 1120) - married first to Hugh Magnus, son of Henry I of France and younger brother of Philip I of France, and second to Renaud II, Count of Clermont-Beauvaisis.
- Odo I, Count of Vermandois (b. circa 1064 - d. after 1085)
- Gerard (b. 1066 - d. ?)
- All of Herbert's lands would go to Hugh upon Herbert's death in 1080, giving the Capetians an important foothold..
- Crouch, David (1986). The Beaumont Twins:The Roots and Branches of Power in the Twelfth Century. Cambridge University Press.
- Gabriele, Matthew (2018). "The Provenance of the Descriptio Qauliter Karolus Magnus: Remembering the Carolingians in the entourage of King Philip I (1060–1108) before the First Crusade". Viator. University of California Press. 39 (2): 93-117.
- Le Jan, Régine (2003). Famille et pouvoir dans le monde franc (VIIe-Xe siècle). Publications de la Sorbonne.
- Suger (1992). The Deeds of Louis the Fat. Translated by Cusimano, Richard C.; Moorhead, John. Catholic University of America Press.
| Count of Vermandois