Heerde (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɦeːrdə] (listen)) is a municipality and a town in the eastern Netherlands. Compared to the rest of the Netherlands, Heerde is fairly religious, as are many of the towns and cities in the Veluwe region.
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Jan Willem Wiggers (acting) (CDA)|
|• Total||80.42 km2 (31.05 sq mi)|
|• Land||78.74 km2 (30.40 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.68 km2 (0.65 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Density||236/km2 (610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code||038, 0578|
The municipal council consists of 17 seats, which have been divided as follows since 2018:
The municipality has five amateur soccer clubs: vv Heerde, SEH, WZC Wapenveld, vv Wapenveld and Vevo.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Heerde, June 2015.
- Daniël de Clercq (1854 in Heerde – 1931) a Dutch socialist and activist
- Hendrik Jan van Duren (1937 in Heerde – 2008) a Dutch politician.
- Marijke Abels (born 1948 in Deventer) a Dutch visual artist, one of her sculptures is at the roundabout of the A50 junction in Heerde
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 8181JE". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-01-01. Retrieved 2007-01-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)