Heerde (pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality and a town in the eastern Netherlands. Compared to the rest of the Netherlands, Heerde is fairly religious, as are many of the towns and cities in the Veluwe region.
Heerde town hall
Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Fred de Graaf (acting) (VVD)|
|• Total||80.42 km2 (31.05 sq mi)|
|• Land||78.75 km2 (30.41 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.67 km2 (0.64 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Density||236/km2 (610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code||038, 0578|
The municipal council consists of 17 seats, which have been divided as follows since 2014:
The municipality has five amateur soccer clubs: vv Heerde, SEH, WZC Wapenveld, vv Wapenveld and Vevo.
- Jacco Eltingh (born 1970 in Heerde), tennis player
- Gerard van Velde (born 1971 in Wapenveld), speed skater
- Toine Rorije (born 1974 in Heerde), football player (played for Go Ahead Eagles and F.C. Groningen)
- Marijke Abels (born 1948 in Deventer), artist. One of her sculptures appears at the roundabout of the A50 junction in Heerde.
- "Burgemeester W.R.J.M. Pijnenburg-Adriaenssen" [Mayor W.R.J.M. Pijnenburg-Adriaenssen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Heerde. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 8181JE". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-01-01. Retrieved 2007-01-12.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)