Hari is an Indian film director best known for his action-masala films in Tamil cinema. He made his directional debut in the movie Thamizh (2002).  After this breakthrough, he gave many commercial success films such as Saamy (2003), Kovil (2004), Ayya (2005), Thaamirabharani (2007), Vel (2007) and the Singam movie series. He has directed 15 films as of 2018.
Hari at the 62nd Filmfare South Awards
26 December 1968
Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu, India
Hari first joined as an assistant, gaining experience by working with various directors; K. Natraj in Valli, Nassar in Avatharam and Alex Pandian. Later, he assisted K. Balachander in his film Kalki and worked as an associate director with Saran in the films Amarkalam, Parthen Rasithen and Alli Arjuna.
His first film, in 2002, was Thamizh, with Prashanth and Simran. Film critic Balaji commented that it was "one of the few movies in recent times where a lot of importance seems to have been attached to the script. In spite of the flimsy story and routine screenplay where a youth grows to be a "dada", the dialogs elevate the quality of the movie and make it very enjoyable". His second film Saamy, under the Kavithaalaya banner, starred Vikram. It was named the year's biggest hit, grossing ₹160 million. Its success led to remakes; in Telugu (Lakshmi Narasimha), Kannada (Ayya) and Hindi languages (Policegiri). His next two films Kovil, with Silambarasan and Arul also starred Vikram. In 2005, he made Ayya, starring Sarathkumar, which introduced Nayantara to Tamil cinema. His next film was Aaru, with Suriya in 2005. In 2007, he directed two films, Thaamirabharani with Vishal and Vel, with Suriya. In 2008, he directed Seval, with Bharath. Ayyappa Prasad from Nowrunning.com stated that Hari "panders to the taste of his rural audience all the way, but the movie is bound to disappoint city-dwellers, since neither the story nor its treatment appeal to anyone with high IQ .
In 2010 Hari directed his tenth film Singam, with Suriya, marking their third collaboration. The film was one of the top box office films of the year, although reviewers identified it as a standard masala entertainer. Following its success, the film was remade in Hindi (as Singham), in Kannada (as Kempe Gowda) and Bengali (Shotru). After directing Venghai, a film with Dhanush and Tamannaah Bhatia in the lead, he made a sequel to Singam, with Suriya reprising his role as Duraisingam. It was named one of the biggest box office hits of 2013, with Sify stating that it was "the biggest theatrical earner" of the year. He worked for the second time with Vishal, in a film titled Poojai, which had Shruti Haasan as the female lead. Hari joined with Suriya for the fifth time for (Singam 3). He is shooting Saamy 2, the sequel of Saamy starring Vikram in the lead role. This film marks the third collaboration between Hari and Vikram. The film has met with mixed response. After Saamy Square, Hari will most likely team up with Suriya yet again. Earlier, director Hari revealed that his next project with Suriya would not be Singam 4, but a fresh script. In an interview with an entertainment portal, Hari has disclosed details about this untitled film.
Hari's films are primarily in the action and masala genres. Due to his penchant for such films, he has been nicknamed "the aruva director", the aruva (sickle) being present in most of his films. Recurring elements in his films include "ferocious" heroes, comic subplots and item numbers. The heroes in his films are usually close to either their father or mother, and are surrounded by a large family. Hari's films are also known for being "racy", and for the amount of blood and gore depicted onscreen.
|Person||Saamy||Arul||Aaru||Vel||Thaamirabharani||Singam||Singam II||Poojai||Si3||Saamy 2|
|2004||Kovil||Silambarasan, Sonia Agarwal|
|2005||Ayya||R. Sarathkumar, Napoleon, Nayanthara|
|2008||Seval||Bharath, Simran, Poonam Bajwa|
|2010||Singam||Suriya, Anushka Shetty, Prakash Raj|
|2011||Venghai||Dhanush, Rajkiran, Tamannaah|
|2013||Singam II||Suriya, Anushka Shetty, Hansika Motwani|
|2014||Poojai||Vishal, Shruthi Haasan, Sathyaraj|
|2017||Singam III||Suriya, Anushka Shetty, Shruthi Haasan|
|2018||Saamy 2||Vikram, Keerthy Suresh, Bobby Simha|
|2019||Suriya 39||Suriya, Priya Anand, Sameera Reddy||Pre-Production|
- HARI KRISHNAN tamilfilmdirectorsassociation.com
- HARI KRISHNAN tamilfilmdirectorsassociation.com
- "06-06-03". Web.archive.org. 4 August 2003. Archived from the original on 4 August 2003. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "14-06-03". Web.archive.org. 4 August 2003. Archived from the original on 4 August 2003. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Hari Tamil Director | Movie Director Hari Story | News, Gossips, Specials, Rumers, Shooting spot, Sneak Previews, New Releases". Koodal.com. Archived from the original on 24 December 2014. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Hari Tamil Celebrity HARI | Tamil Celebrity Actor, actress, Directors, Important Person Interviews". Koodal.com. 10 March 2012. Archived from the original on 28 June 2013. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
-  Archived 2 March 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Balaji Balasubramaniam. "Balaji's Tamil Movie Reviews". Bbthots.com. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- D Govardan, TNN 26 August 2003, 01.52am IST (26 August 2003). "Tamil films enter hit zone in 2003 – Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Reel of fortune". The Hindu. 29 December 2003. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Tamil film Raam to be remade in Kannada – The Times of India" (in German). Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 26 March 2013. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- PTI (28 March 2013). "Sanjay Dutt to complete shoot of 'Policegiri': Producer – Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Seval Review – Tamil Movie Review by Ayyappa Prasad". Nowrunning.com. 30 October 2008. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "TOP 20 CHENNAI BOX OFFICE COLLECTION OF 2010 – Behindwoods.com – Tamil Movie Slide Shows – Endhiran | Nandalala | Myna | Singam | Paiyaa | Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa | Naan Mahaan Alla | Uthama Puthiran | Angadi Theru". Behindwoods.com. 28 May 2010. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Singam Review – Tamil Movie Singam Review". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Movie Review : Singam- Review". Sify.com. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- Roshmila Bhattacharya, 7 July 2013, DHNS: (7 July 2013). "Singam returns". Deccanherald.com. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Clash of remakes in film industry – The Times of India" (in German). Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "The Biggest Box Office Hits in Tamil cinema, 2013 – Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 1 January 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Top 10 Tamil grossers of 2013 – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Hari's film with Vishal titled Poojai – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
-  Archived 13 December 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Director Hari becomes dad again – Tamil Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 5 June 2008. Retrieved 10 March 2014.