Hampus Lindholm (Swedish pronunciation: [hɑːm.pʉːs liːnd.huːlm]; born 20 January 1994) is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman currently playing for the Anaheim Ducks of the National Hockey League (NHL). He has been playing for the Ducks since the 2012 draft, when he was a first-round selection by the team. He began his ice hockey career with Jonstorps IF and has previously played with Rögle BK.
Lindholm with the Ducks in 2016
20 January 1994|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)|
|NHL team||Anaheim Ducks|
6th overall, 2012|
In 2009–10, Lindholm played for the Jonstorps U20 team, scoring three points (one goal and two assists) in three games. The following year, he played 39 games for Rögle BK U20, providing four assists.
In 2011–12, Lindholm began his professional career with Rögle, playing 20 games and scoring four points, Lindholm was also named the U20 Super Elit League's Best Defenseman. Lindholm was a top prospect who was ranked fourth among European skaters by the NHL Central Scouting Bureau, and he was selected sixth overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Anaheim Ducks. He was considered by some to be a sleeper pick for the draft, with Rob Brodie comparing Lindholm to Erik Karlsson and Mika Zibanejad, two other Swedish prospects who rose sharply in the Draft.
Lindhom made his North American debut with the Norfolk Admirals, the Ducks' former American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, in 2012–13. That year, he played 44 games, getting 11 points (one goal and ten assists).
|World U18 Championships|
|2012 Czech Republic|
Lindholm has represented Sweden at the 2012 U18 World Junior Championship, winning the silver medal. In the 2012 J18 World Championships, he was voted one of the Swedish team's three most valuable players of the tournament. He also won the most valuable player award in the games against Finland and Switzerland.
Lindholm is a two-way defenceman, who's good at passing the puck. His skating and hockey intelligence have also been admired. Former NHL defenseman Kenny Jönsson has influenced Lindholm,  and Lindholm mentioned Nicklas Lidström as another one of his role models.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
Awards and honorsEdit
- "Alla febrar – utom Lindholm själv" (in Swedish). Helsingborgs Dagblad. 27 March 2012. Archived from the original on 7 October 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "Rögletalangen satsar på NHL" (in Swedish). expressen.se. 5 April 2012. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "European Skaters Final Rankings". National Hockey League. 25 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Meet Hampus Lindholm, The Anaheim Ducks' Newest Stud Prospect". 23 June 2012.
- "Lindholm's stock growing in eyes of draft scouts". NHL.com.
- "Phoenix Coyotes at Anaheim Ducks". National Hockey League. 7 November 2013.
- "Lindholm prisades efter chockförlusten – Helsingborgs Dagblad April 23 2012". Archived from the original on 14 May 2012.
- "... men Småkronora klara för VM-final".
- "Hampus bäst i VM-match".
- "Hockey's Future – Hampus Lindholm".
- The Hockey News. 2012 Draft Preview.