Hamdard University (Urdu: جامعہَ ہمدرد) is a private research university with campuses in Karachi and Islamabad, Pakistan. It was founded in 1991 by the renowned philanthropist Hakim Said of the Hamdard Foundation. Hamdard is one of the first and the oldest private institutions of higher education in Pakistan. In Karachi, Hamdard University is the largest private research university with a campus area of over 350 acres.
Seal of Hamdard University
In Pursuit of Excellence
|Vice-Chancellor||Shabib ul Hassan|
|Campus||Suburban (Main Campus)|
Urban (All except Main Campus)
350 acres (Total backdrop area for Main Campus)
4.25 acres (Main campus plot area)
|Colours||Green, Gray |
Hamdard University's central library Bait-ul-Hikmah is one of the largest research libraries in South Asia with a collection of over half a million books, some of them dating back to the 17th century. The university includes eight faculties, nine research institutes, three teaching hospitals and three affiliated engineering institutes. There are more than 15,000 alumni of Hamdard University employed in organisations in Pakistan and worldwide.
Major programs of Hamdard University are accredited by and offered in collaboration with bodies such as the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), Pakistan Bar Council (PBC), National Telecommunication Corporation (NTC), and the Pakistan Pharmacy Council (PCP).
|HEC University Rankings|
|Business||N/A and now name of HIIT changes to HIET (Hamdard Institute of engineering and Technology)|
Hamdard University was established on 9 October 1991, by a provisional act of the Sindh Assembly. The founding chancellor, Hakim Said, had been long advocating for the establishment of private-sector higher education learning institutions. He received the university's charter from then-President Ghulam Ishaq Khan in a solemn ceremony. The university is named after Said's philanthropy and education lobby organisation, the Hamdard Foundation.
Stretching over an area of 350 acres, Madinat al-Hikmah includes, in addition to the establishments of the university, Hamdard Garden, sports stadium, Hamdard Public School and college, operating as its earliest institutions, imparting education from primary to higher secondary level and Bait al-Hikmah library. The Institute of Education & Social Sciences (HIESS) and College of Eastern Medicine (HACEM) were among the earliest institutions established. The other institutions that appeared in the later stages include Hamdard College of Medicine & Dentistry (HCM&D), Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences (HIMS), Hamdard Institute of Engineering Technology (HIET), Faculty of Engineering Sciences and Technology (FEST), Usman Institute of Technology (UIT), Hafiz Mohammad Ilyas Institute of Pharmacology & Herbal Sciences, Hamdard School of Law (HSL), Hamdard Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (HIPS), Bait al-Hikmah Institute of Research and Regional CISCO Networking Academy.
In 1996 the first city campus of the university was established at Adamjee Nagar. Later on, another city campus operating weekend and evening programs was started in PECHS, Karachi. The number of campuses increased with the establishment of Islamabad and Faisalabad campuses in 1998 and 2000 respectively. During the period, five Lahore-, Islamabad- and Karachi-based organisations, imparting professional education became affiliated with the university.
Out of the three campuses in Karachi, the one at Northern Bypass is the oldest and the largest. It is known as the Main Campus. The others are in downtown Karachi and are known as the City Campuses.
The main campus of Hamdard University is in the vicinity of the Sindh—Balochistan border, 28 km from the commercial center of Karachi, on the main highway leading to Murad Khan Dam (Bund), against the backdrop of over 350 acres of Madinat al-Hikmah: the city of Education, Science and Culture.
The Main Campus houses institutes and faculties which include Hamdard Institute of Information Technology, Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences, Faculty of Eastern Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of pharmacy and Social Sciences.
City campuses (old)Edit
Previously there were two major City Campuses, in addition to the Main Campus, in Karachi:
- City Campus I (CC-I) – SNPA 30, Kathiawar Hall, "B" Block, Adamjee Nagar, off Tipu Sultan Road, Karachi ( )
- City Campus II (CC-II) – 164-G, Block 3, off Khalid Bin Waleed Road, PECHS, Karachi ( )
CC-I is basically an extension for the Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences (HIMS) and CC-II is the campus of Hamdard Institute of Engineering Technology (HIET), and is used to offer training courses, certifications and diplomas. It houses the Graduate School of Engineering Sciences and Information Technology and Hamdard School of Law. A summer semester, for the students who want to improve their grades or apply for the courses which they previously failed to complete/pass, is offered at CC-II during July–September, every year.
City Campus (New)Edit
- Address: Plot No. 4A, Block 6, Adjacent Dehli Sweets PECHS, Nursery Stop, Main Sharhrah-e-Faisal, Karachi.
- New Campus Contact: Reception: (92-21) 34381415 - 16, Admission: (92-21) 34559779 - 34531130, Examination Department: (92-21) 34312445
Hamdard University Islamabad main campus Madinat al Hikmat is located at Kuri Road Islamabad which is spread over an area of 10 acres. Hamdard University Islamabad also has a city campus in Blue Area near China Chowk. The Islamabad campus started its operations in the year 1998 in a small building in F8. The Islamabad Campus houses three institutes which offer disciplines in Engineering, IT, Management Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences. These institutes include Hamdard Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences and Hamdard Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Islamabad Campus offers facilities for students and faculty-members which include an auditorium, wireless Internet access, hospital training for Pharm.D. students, student-teacher centre and laboratories.
Hamdard Institute of Pharmacy and Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences have been shifted to the main Campus Madinat Ul Hikmat in May, 2019 whereas Hamdard Institute of Engineering and Technology will shift later this year.
- Hamdard Institute of Information Technology, 23- West, Fazal-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad. Phone: +92-51-260 4391-2
- Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences, 23- East, Fazal-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area. Phones: +92-51-260 4387-89, Fax: +92-51-2604 386
- Hamdard Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 23- East, Fazal-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area. Phones: +92-51-260 4387-89 Fax: +92-51-2604 386
Faculties and institutesEdit
Hamdard University offers undergraduate and post-graduate education through its institutions/faculties which are based on the campus.
Faculty of Engineering Sciences and TechnologyEdit
FEST (Faculty of Engineering Sciences and Technology), headed by Dean, Prof. Dr. Vali Uddin, offers its bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees through its three institutions: GSESIT, HIET – Karachi and HIET – Islamabad.
The Graduate School of Engineering Sciences and Information Technology was established in 1997 with the name of Hamdard Institute of Information Technology (HIIT). Later on, due to its main focus on graduate programs, it was renamed the Graduate School of Engineering Sciences and Information Technology (GSESIT). Initially, Master of Sciences in Information Technology – MS (IT) was offered with the inception of the institute. In fall 2002, Master of Science in Software Engineering – MS (SE) program was introduced. Recently, new Masters, M.Phil. and PhD degree programs are being offered to take active part in research and development and to concentrate toward the area of specialisation, and the institute is catering the needs of professionals through short courses, certificates and diploma programs. IEEE Student Branch is also established at GSESIT (STB62211) to create research and innovation activities.
GSESIT offers the following graduate and research programs:
|Master of Sciences/Philosophy:
HIET – KarachiEdit
Hamdard Institute of Engineering Technology, Karachi was established in 1997 at the Main Campus. Initially it offered graduate programmes only. Later on, the graduate studies were offered under the institute of GSESIT and HIET – Karachi was dedicated for the bachelor's programs only. The institute offers the following programs:
|Bachelor of Engineering:
|Bachelor of Science:
The faculty for HIET – Karachi includes six professors, six associate professors, 24 assistant professors, 12 lecturers, 20 laboratory engineers and few members of visiting/adjunct faculty. As of 25 July 2013, the Director of Hamdard Institute of Engineering Technology is Prof. Dr. Pervez Akhtar.
HIET – IslamabadEdit
Hamdard Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad is a constituent institute of Hamdard University, Islamabad Campus which came into being with the establishment of Islamabad Campus in 2000. HIET – Islamabad initially offered Bachelor of Science (B.S.) programs in Computer Science, Information Technology and Computer-Systems Engineering. Then, the institute introduced Engineering programs in Telecommunications and Electronics in 2003. On the advice of PEC, the two engineering programs (T.E. and E.E.) were merged to form one program as B.E. (Electrical Engineering). This was applicable from the intake of 2007 and onwards. The institute is thus offering B.E. (Electrical Engineering) with two streams, i.e., Telecommunications and Electronics. Pakistan Engineering Council has granted conditional accreditation to the engineering programs of HUIC for the intakes of 2004, 2005 and 2006, for Telecommunications and Electronics Engineering programs. The institution offers the following programs:
- B.E. (Electrical Engineering)
- B.S. (Computer Science)
The teaching faculty for HUIC includes four professors, seven assistant professors, 16 lecturers and 11 members from visiting faculty. Laboratories for the campus include a Research Laboratory, an Electronics Laboratory, a Communications Laboratory, an Industrial Control Laboratory and a Simulation & Modelling Laboratory.
Faculty of Environmental SciencesEdit
The Faculty of Environmental Sciences offers the degree of Bachelor of Science in Environment & Energy Management.
Faculty of Management SciencesEdit
The Faculty of Management Sciences offers the degrees of Bachelor and Master of Business Administration (B.B.A. & M.B.A.) and M.S. (Management Sciences) through its two constituent institutes: HIMS – Karachi and HIMS – Islamabad.
HIMS – KarachiEdit
Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences, Karachi offers a four-year program of B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration) in undergraduate category, an M.S. (Management Sciences) program and a post-graduate M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) program which has been divided into four categories with respect to the time-span and previous education:
- A 3 1⁄2-year MBA plan for students with a previous two-year bachelor's degree in any discipline,
- A regular two-year MBA plan for students having a four-year bachelor's degree in any discipline,
- A 1 1⁄2-year MBA plan for students with a four-year bachelor's degree in business administration (BBA) or equivalent,
- An executive two-year MBA plan for students having a two-year bachelor's degree in any discipline and a professional experience of at least four years in executive capacity.
City Campus – I is an extension to the Institute of Management Sciences, Karachi. The teaching faculty of HIMS – Karachi and City Campus – I includes three professors, three associate professors, 16 assistant professors, seven lecturers and two research associates.
HIMS – IslamabadEdit
Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences, Islamabad offers B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration) in undergraduate category and post-graduate M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) programs, similar to those offered by the HIMS – Karachi.
The faculty at HIMS includes three professors, three assistant professors, six lecturers, two teaching assistants and nine members from visiting faculty.
Faculty of Humanities and Social SciencesEdit
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences was inaugurated in 1992. It offers its degrees through Hamdard Institute of Education and Social Sciences (HIESS), which was established as the first constituent institution of Hamdard University's Main Campus. The institution's mission, as described on the official site, is "the production of the unconventional, capable, dynamic, creative, democratic and innovative teacher". HIESS offers the degree of Bachelor of Education (BEd).
The teaching faculty of Hamdard Institute of Education and Social Sciences (HIESS) consists of one associate professor (the acting director), two assistant professors, two lecturers and a research associate.
Faculty of Eastern MedicineEdit
The Faculty of Eastern Medicine provides education in the field of herbal medicine, which continues to be practised in many of the Islamic countries today. The countries where it has, to some extent, enjoyed an official status are India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and South Africa. In Pakistan, in the mid-sixties, the government under the then-president ordered the official registration of "Hakims".
The Faculty of Eastern Medicine was established "[to] produce graduates with knowledge of Eastern Medicine with latest technology for diagnosis and modern methods for the management of diseases and health care". Hamdard Research Institute of Unani Medicine (H.R.I.U.M.) was included in the Faculty of Eastern Medicine as approved by the Academic Council held on 24 April 2008. Currently, the faculty offers following degrees:
- Bachelor of Eastern Medicine and Surgery (Regular five years)
- Bachelor of Eastern Medicine and Surgery (Condensed Three years)
- M.Phil. and PhD programs are offered on regular bases.
The degree programs offered by the faculty are accredited by the National Council of Tibb, Ministry of Health – Government of Pakistan and by the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad. Most of the B.E.M.S. graduates start their own practice by establishing their clinics. Others are employed in hospitals and research institutes and organizations such as Hamdard Foundation and Hamdard Laboratories, Pakistan, Ibn-e-Sina Institute for Tibb and University of Western Cape, South Africa and Qarshi Industries, Pakistan.
The teaching staff of the Faculty of Eastern Medicine consists of five professors, nine assistant professors, nine lecturers, three MOs (Medical Officers) and an RMO (Resident Medical Officer).
Faculty of Health and Medical SciencesEdit
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences offers the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.).
The Hamdard College of Medicine & Dentistry (H.C.M.D) is recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Medical Board of California (USA) and FAIMER (Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
Faculty of Legal StudiesEdit
The Hamdard School of Law, as a constituent institution of the Hamdard University, opened for admission in January 2001, on the initiative of its former chancellor, Justice (R) Ajmal Mian, former Chief Justice of Pakistan and the then-Vice Chancellor. The Faculty of Legal Studies offers the degree of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) through the Hamdard School of Law which is in the vicinity of the City Campus II (CC-II). Unlike most of the Pakistani institutions which offer the LL.B. courses in evening lecture sessions, the Hamdard School of Law offers a full-time semester-based course. Activities held during the three-year course include:
In addition to success in the semester-wise examinations, students are required to complete the prescribed number of class hours for attaining the LL.B. degree. In order to fulfill its objectives of "providing and promoting study and research in the field of law and allied subjects", the following Boards were established:
- Advisory Board
- Executive Board
The Executive Board was entrusted to look after the administration and management of the school. The main function of the Advisory Board is extend guidance to the Law School on policy matters with the prime objective to develop the Law School as a leading "Centre of Excellence of Law and Research" in the country and international recognition of the credentials, the degrees and diplomas awarded. The teaching faculty of Hamdard School of Law consists of three professors, two associate professors, 18 assistant professors and a lecturer.
Faculty of PharmacyEdit
Faculty of Pharmacy was established in 1997. The faculty initially offered following programs in its early phase (1997–2001):
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D. – Condensed one-year Program)
- M.Phil (Pharmacology & Clinical Practices)
- M.Phil (Pharmaceutics)
- M.Phil (Pharmacognosy)
- M.Phil (Pharm. Chemistry)
- PhD (Pharmacology & Clinical Practices)
- PhD (Pharmaceutics)
- PhD (Pharmacognosy)
- PhD (Pharm. Chemistry)
In 2001, the Faculty of Pharmacy introduced an innovative B. Pharm., MBA program combining Pharmaceutical and Management Sciences for the first time in Pakistan. It has the support of two major faculties of the university: Pharmacy and Management Sciences.
Keeping in view the changing global trends and advances in pharmaceutical sciences, the Pharmacy Council of Pakistan and Higher Education Commission have upgraded the pharmacy syllabi and introduced an advanced program of Pharm.D. extending over five years. It is a professional doctoral program that is designed to prepare practitioners and researchers who can provide patient-oriented pharmaceutical care in contemporary setting including community practice and hospital environment.
In the light of the recommendation of Pharmacy Council of Pakistan and Higher Education Commission, the Faculty of Pharmacy, Hamdard University, has adopted Pharm.D. as the basic degree in Pharmacy.
HIPS – KarachiEdit
Hamdard Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Karachi offers a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) degree to the students who complete their five-year education form the institution. HIPS – Karachi provides education to the students in collaboration with Hamdard University Hospital, Taj Medical Complex (a 300-bed hospital), K.V. Social Security Hospital, SITE (a 335-bed hospital) and the 50-chair Hamdard Dental Hospital. The students work and gain experience in Pharmacy Stores, Pharmacies, Cardiac Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Emergency, General Medicine Ward, Blood Bank and Laboratories. They are evaluated for attachment by submission of projects, ward reports and presentations.
The teaching faculty for HIPS – Karachi includes five professors, 10 assistant professors and 11 lecturers.
HIPS – IslamabadEdit
Hamdard Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Islamabad offers its Pharm. D. degree in collaboration with Federal Government Services Hospital (FGSH) in Islamabad. This is a 508-bed hospital with over 500 doctors working in 27 specialities. The hospital has an average daily turnover of over 2000 patients. The students have the opportunity to interact and visit the 27 allied dispensaries attached with the hospital.
Teaching faculty for HIPS – Islamabad includes two professors, one associate professor, seven assistant professors, nine lecturers and 11 teaching assistants. Laboratories for the campus includes a Basic Medical Sciences Laboratory, a Pharmaceutical Chemistry Laboratory, a Pharmaceutics Laboratory, a Pharmacognosy Laboratory, an Industrial Pharmacy Laboratory and a Quality Control (QC) lab. Students are evaluated for attachment by submission of projects, ward reports and presentations.
For the undergraduate students of the Main Campus, Karachi, five hostels are provided. One girls' hostel and four boys' hostels serve as dormitories for the undergraduate students of the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology, the Faculty of Easter Medicine, the Faculty of Management Sciences and the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. The hostels in the vicinity of Main Campus, Madinat al-Hikmah are:
- A five-storey girls' hostel ( )
- Two two-storey and one five-storey boys' hostel ( )
To accommodate the increasing number of students, one extra building was acquired on lease in 2011. This dormitory serves as boys' hostel and is in 4-K Chowrangi, North Karachi, which about 14 kilometres from the Main Campus.
- A two-storey boys' hostel at 4-K Chowrangi, Karachi ( )
The Students-Teachers Centre (STC) is the central cafeteria of the main campus, which provides food and a facility for student-teacher interaction. Cafeterias and teashops are also on other campuses.
Transportation for students, faculty and staff members between the Main Campus and different parts of the city is provided by a fleet of university-owned and on-contract vehicles which include buses, Coasters, HiAces and mini-vans.
Bait al-Hikmah, named after the famous library, House of Wisdom in Baghdad, is the central library of Hamdard University's Main, Karachi Campus. It houses over half a million modern volumes as well as thousands of ancient manuscripts, millions of clippings, translations of Quran in over 60 languages, A.V. cassettes, as well as postage stamps, coins and photographs of Hamdard University/Foundation activities, making it one of the largest libraries in South Asia.
The foundation-stone of Bait al-Hikmah was laid on 17 June 1985 by the then-President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq. It was established by Hakim Mohammed Said, the founder of Madinat al-Hikmah, a humanitarian and a philanthropist. After the completion of the Bait al-Hikmah as the first major and important institution of Madinat al-Hikmah, Hakim Said invited the then-President Ghulam Ishaq Khan to inaugurate the library on 11 December 1989.
The Bait al-Hikmah as a central library and center for academic research is used by students, faculties, researchers, scholars and freelancers nationally and internationally. It is fully computerised.
The collection of Bait al-Hikmah Library ranges from books and journals, covering Science and Technology, Medicine, Management Sciences, Indo-Pakistan History, Islam and Religion, Traditional/Alternative Systems of Medicine, Social Sciences and Jurisprudence, to Literature in Urdu, English, Arabic and Persian.
Almost every institute of Hamdard University has a dedicated library which contains books related but not limited to that institute. These include:
- HIET Departmental Library, for the registered students and faculty of Hamdard Institute of Information Technology, Karachi. It houses books related to Information & Technology, Applied Sciences and different engineering disciplines. A Book Bank is provided to the students of HIET through the same library.
- HIMS Departmental Library, for the registered students and faculty of Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences, Karachi
- HIESS Departmental Library, for the students and faculty of Hamdard Institute of Education & Social Sciences, Karachi
- Departmental Library of Faculty of Eastern Medicine
- Departmental Library of Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Departmental Library of Faculty of Legal Studies
Initiated in 2011, the Book Bank (available for the students of Hamdard Institute of Information Technology) provides students with reference- and text-books for a minimal fee of Rs. 50/book (equivalent to US$0.5) for the duration of a semester (which lasts for six months). Any student of HIET can register for the Book Bank free of cost and the registration remains effective for a maximum duration of four years (or until the completion of the degree in which the student is enrolled).
Student bodies and activitiesEdit
FEST Student BodyEdit
It is the main functional student body of Faculty of Engineering Sciences & Technology(FEST). The President and Vice President are Raja Hassan and Muhammad Ashar Aftab respectively.
IEEE HIET Student BranchEdit
IEEE HIET Student Branch is a branch of the international organization, IEEE, which controls and monitors the student activities of IEEE members of HIET, Hamdard University. At IEEE platform Saqib Munawwar Qureshi had study tours to India (JMI), Malaysia (IEEE Conference & Exhibition at UTAR), Singapore (Asia-Pacific Congress at NUS) and Sri Lanka (Seminar at UoM) with awards & honours during his undergraduate studies. HIET is the torchbearer among IEEE student branches under IEEE Karachi Section as first SSR (Section Student Representative) was selected from HIET.
HIIT Literary and Cultural SocietyEdit
HIIT Literary and Cultural Society (HLCS) is one of the functional student body of Hamdard Institute of Engineering and Technology. It organizes Book Fair, Literary and Cultural activities for students and faculty. The Founding Student Chair was Saqib Munawwar Qureshi and Assistant Prof. Engr. Azhar Dilshad is presently serving as Faculty Coordinator.
IEEE GSESIT Student BranchEdit
IEEE GSESIT (STB62211) Student Branch is a branch of the international organization, IEEE, which controls and monitors the student activities of IEEE members of GSESIT, Hamdard University. It was established to provide an international platform for research and innovation activities; presently Saqib Munawwar Qureshi is serving as Chair. In the year of 2015 he published 03 papers in ESSD at COMSATS Lahore also had study tour to Ukraine which was acknowledged in the HEC News & Views October 2014 issue as News Flash and in the year of 2013 he published 02 papers in WEC at NUST Islamabad.
Faculty and staffEdit
The renowned Pakistani scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan was Hamdard University's first registered professor of physics in Islamabad and once held the chairmanship of Department of Physics; he continues to lecture on physics and science. As of 2012, Abdul Qadeer Khan remains associated with the university and is a member of the Board of Governors.
Other prominent persons include Sadia Rashid, who is the chancellor of the university and the president of Hamdard Foundation Pakistan. Prof. Dr. Hakeem Abdul Hannan is the former vice chancellor and Prof. Dr. Vali Uddin is the acting registrar who are contributing a lot to improve the university standings.
Many scholars have produced cutting-edge research in their respective disciplines, including Islamic scholars Zakariyau Oseni, Zulkadir Siddiqui, historian Mohammad Ishaq Khan, and economist Matin Ahmed Khan. Other faculty members include Sarwar Munir Rao (Mass Communication), electrical engineer Atta-ur-Rehman Memon, and Zillur Rahman (who has been serving as visiting professor of medicine since 1997).
- Staff Report (6 March 2011). "HAMDARD UNIVERSITY'S 15TH CONVOCATION – 'Peace can be achieved through books, not bombs'". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Chancellor homepage". Hamdard University (Chancellor). Archived from the original on 18 October 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Hamdard University President". Hamdard University President. Archived from the original on 10 February 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "VC of Hamdard University". VC of Hamdard University. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- HEC. "HEC Recognized Universities and Degree Awarding Institutions". HEC DIA. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Hamdard University. "Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences". Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- From the Newspaper (24 October 2011). "Remembering Hakim Said". Dawn Newspapers. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Staff Reports (22 May 2009). "inShare Bijarani commends Hamdard University's role in private sector". The Nation. Archived from the original on 16 April 2013. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Ashfar Ansari. "Pakistan-China friendship continues to grow: Liu". Pakistan Observer. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- "Bait-al-Hikmah Library". Archived from the original on 23 September 2012. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "H.E.C. Accreditation List". Archived from the original on 29 October 2013.
- "P.E.C. Accreditation List". Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "PM&DC Accreditation List". Archived from the original on 19 August 2010. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "PCP Accreditation List". Pharmacy Council of Pakistan. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- HEC. "HEC University Ranking". Government of Pakistan. Higher Education Commission. Archived from the original on 25 May 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "A Brief History of Hamdard". Hamdard Foundation. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "Campus Locations". Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Google Maps". Google Maps.
- "HIIT – Islamabad Labs". Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "HU – Islamabad Campus Info". Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "FEST Introduction". Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "GSESIT Info". Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "HIITkhi Fac". Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "HIIT – Islamabad Programs". Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "HIIT – Islamabad Faculty". Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "HIMS Isb Programs". Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "HIMS Isb Faculty". Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Faculty of Hum & SS. Intro". Hamdard University. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "HIESS Faculty". Hamdard University. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "FEM Intro". Faculty of Eastern Medicine, HU. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "FEM Faculty". FEM, HU. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Medical School Updates" (PDF). Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- California, Medical Board of. "Medical Schools Recognized - Medical Board of California". mbc.ca.gov.
- "FAIMER - World Directory of Medical Schools". imed.faimer.org.
- "FLS Intro". Hamdard University. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "HSOL Faculty". Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "HIPS Intro".
- "HIPS Khi Faculty List".
- "HIPS Isb Programs".
- "HIPS Isb Faculty". Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "HIPS Isb Labs". Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Bait al-Hikmah Stock". Archived from the original on 19 July 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Bait al-Hikmah History". Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Library Services". Archived from the original on 13 July 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Specific Subject Libraries". Archived from the original on 13 July 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "AQ Khan advises students to understand Quran and Science". Dunya News. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Hamdard University One Day with Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan". Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Syndicate members". A Q Khan. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Hamdard University confers degrees on 200". Release of Pakistan Today. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "ECL Problems". Daily Pakistan. 21 July 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2012.