The Pakistan Engineering Council (پاکستان انجینئرنگ کونسل; acronym PEC) is a professional body for accreditation of engineering education and regulation of engineering profession in Pakistan. It was established in 1976 by the PEC act 1976. The council also registers engineers and professional engineers and grants license to consulting and constructing/operating engineering firms working in Pakistan.
|Purpose||Educational accreditation, Regulation and licensure in engineering|
|Urdu and English|
|Engr. Muhammad Najeeb Haroon|
Senior Vice Chairman
|Syed Jamshed Ali Rizvi |
|Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST)|
|Affiliations||International Engineering Alliance (IEA)|
Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
Pakistan Engineering Council represents the engineering community in the country and assists the Government of Pakistan at the federal and provincial levels. It also acts as a think tank to the government and undertakes efforts to establish scientific standards for engineering innovations and services. Its headquarters is located in Islamabad and regional/branch/liaison offices are located in main cities of Pakistan. The council became a provisional member of Washington Accord in 2010 and was admitted as a full member in 2017.
- "PEC Governing Body 2018-21" (PDF). PEC.org website. Retrieved 8 August 2021.
- Pakistan Engineering Council is one of the accredited councils of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan Higher Education Commission of Pakistan website, Retrieved 8 August 2021
- Overview of Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) on Pakistan Engineering Congress.org website Retrieved 8 August 2021
- Pakistan Engineering Council Act, 1976 The Gazette of Pakistan, National Assembly of Pakistan website, Published 14 January 1976, Retrieved 8 August 2021
- "Brief History". www.pec.org.pk. Retrieved 8 August 2021.
- Pakistan Engineering Council's regional and branch offices in Pakistan
- "Signatories » International Engineering Alliance". International Engineering Alliance (Washington Accord). Retrieved 8 August 2021.
- "Members » International Engineering Alliance". International Engineering Alliance website. Retrieved 8 August 2021.
- Memorandum signed between Chinese university, PEC (Pakistan Engineering Council) Dawn (newspaper), Published 25 March 2021, Retrieved 8 August 2021