Adola during the 2014 World Half Marathon Championships
|Born||October 20, 1990|
Adola, Oromiya Region
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lb)|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Event(s)||Half Marathon, Marathon|
|Coached by||Gemedu Dedefo|
|Achievements and titles|
Born in Adola in Ethiopia's Oromiya Region, he began training with Gianni Demadonna's group and came to prominence in 2014. His first high level race was the Marrakech Half Marathon in January that year, which he won in a best of 61:26 minutes. He then placed fourth at the Ethiopian half marathon championships.
His international debut shortly followed and he was Ethiopia's best performer at the 2014 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships, taking the individual bronze medal in a personal best of 59:21 minutes to lead the Ethiopian men to third in the team competition. Following his first major medals, he ran on the circuit and took third at the Giro Media Blenio in Switzerland and the Luanda Half Marathon in Angola. He won the 2014 Delhi Half Marathon in New Delhi with his personal best of 59:06.
In his marathon debut in the 2017 Berlin Marathon he challenged Eliud Kipchoge and came second with a finishing time of 2:03:46, the fastest marathon-debut ever.
- Idemo Guye Adola. DeMadonna. Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- Rowbottom, Mike (2014-03-28). Tadese going for unprecedented sixth win. Men's preview – IAAF/AL-Bank World Half Marathon Championships. IAAF. Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- Negash, Elshadai (2014-02-24). Zewde and Yalew take Ethiopian half-marathon titles in Addis Ababa. IAAF. Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- Rowbottom, Mike (2014-03-29). Kamworor surprises Tadese – IAAF/AL-Bank World Half Marathon Championships. IAAF. Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- Sampaolo, Diego (2014-04-21). Kangogo defeats quality field in Dongio 10km. IAAF. Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- Guya Adola. Tilastopaja. Retrieved on 2014-10-20.
- prtzy (2014-11-24). Guye takes the crown at ADHM 2014