Delhi Half Marathon
Airtel Delhi Half Marathon (ADHM) is an annual half marathon foot-race held in New Delhi, India. Established in 2005, it is both an elite runner and mass participation event. It is an AIMS-certified course and is listed as a Bronze Label Road Race by the IAAF. The 2009 event attracted around 30k runners who competed in one of the four races: The event includes the half marathon, the 7 km Great Delhi Run, a 4.3 km run for senior citizens, and a 3.5 km wheelchair race.
|Delhi Half Marathon|
Finish line of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2016 at Nehru Stadium
|Location||Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi|
The course starts in the Nehru Stadium, although this was temporarily moved to the grounds of the Secretariat Building while the stadium was under renovation for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. The race is largely flat and has delivered fast winning times in its short history, with men producing a number of sub-one hour times and women recording times under 1:08:00.
The race was sponsored Hutchison Essar for its first two races, and the company sponsored the event as Vodafone Essar in 2007 following a takeover. Rival communications company Airtel holds the sponsor role since 2008.
The half marathon is the elite runner race, while the Great Delhi Run attracts the majority of participants overall. The inaugural edition in 2005 had total prize money of US$310,000. The prize for the winners of the men's and women's race was $25,000 dollars in 2009 and $27,000 in 2015.
Key: Course record
|Edition||Year||Men's winner||Time||Women's winner||Time|
|1st||2005||Philip Rugut (KEN)||1:01:55||Irina Timofeyeva (RUS)||1:10:35|
|2nd||2006||Francis Kibiwott (KEN)||1:01:36||Lineth Chepkurui (KEN)||1:10:40|
|3rd||2007||Dieudonné Disi (RWA)||1:00:43||Deriba Alemu (ETH)||1:10:30|
|4th||2008||Deriba Merga (ETH)||59:15||Aselefech Mergia (ETH)||1:08:17|
|5th||2009||Deriba Merga (ETH)||59:54||Mary Keitany (KEN)||1:06:54|
|6th||2010||Geoffrey Mutai (KEN)||59:38||Aselefech Mergia (ETH)||1:08:35|
|7th||2011||Lelisa Desisa (ETH)||59:30||Lucy Wangui (KEN)||1:07:04|
|8th||2012 ||Edwin Kipyego (KEN)||1:00:55||Wude Ayalew (ETH)||1:11:10|
|9th||2013 ||Atsedu Tsegay (ETH)||59:12||Florence Kiplagat (KEN)||1:08:02|
|10th||2014 ||Guye Adola (ETH)||59:06||Florence Kiplagat (KEN)||1:10:04|
|11th||2015 ||Birhanu Legese (ETH)||59:20||Cynthia Limo (KEN)||1:08:35|
|12th||2016||Eliud Kipchoge (KEN)||59:44||Worknesh Degefa (ETH)||1:07:42|
- Title sponsor: Airtel
- Channel partner: Star Sports
- Driven by: S-Cross
- Retail Partner: Jabong
- Ignited by: Puma
- Timing partner: Seiko
- Nutrition partner: Nestlé
- Hospitality partner: Le Meridein
- Medical partner: Max Healthcare
- Print partner: The Times of India
- Radio partner: Radio Mirchi
- Philanthropy partner: India Cares
- Institution partner: Harmony for Silvers Foundation
- Supported by: Government of Dehi
- Under the aegis of: Athletics Federation of India
- Certified by: AIMS
- "IAAF: IAAF Label Road Races Archive of Past Events". iaaf.org. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- "AIMS Race Directory". Association of International Marathons and Distance Races. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "Keitany sub-1:07 again, Merga defends in Delhi Half Marathon". IAAF. 2009-11-01. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "30,000 people run the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon". Hindustan Times. 2009-11-01. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- Krishnan, Ram. Murali (2007-10-28). "Disi, Alemu the winners in New Delhi Half-Marathon". IAAF. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "Delhi attracts high quality field and Jackie Joyner-Kersee's assistance". IAAF. 2008-11-07. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "Half Marathon All Time – Women". IAAF. 2009-10-11. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "Half Marathon All Time – Men". IAAF. 2009-10-11. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "Airtel looks at leveraging world’s richest Delhi marathon". MSN. 2009-10-29.
- "Delhi marathon hits rough weather". The Hindu. 2005-07-22. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "Defending champions return, but Mergia will have Keitany to contend with - Delhi Half Marathon preview". IAAF. 2009-10-30. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "Legese, Limo show at Airtel Delhi Half Marathon". Business Standard. 29 November 2015.
- "In close races, Desisa and Kabuu prevail in New Delhi Half". IAAF. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "Race result 2012". Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- "Race result 2013". Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "Race result 2014". Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "Airtel Delhi Half Marathon (ADHM) | Race Results". adhm.procamrunning.in. Retrieved 2017-01-16.