Gregory Manusky (born August 12, 1966) is an American football coach and former linebacker, who is currently defensive coordinator for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). Manusky played in the NFL for three teams over twelve seasons. Manusky played college football at Colgate University and high school football at Dallas High School.
Manusky in 2017
|Born:||August 12, 1966|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Manusky was the linebackers coach for the Washington Redskins and San Diego Chargers before he became the defensive coordinator of the San Francisco 49ers in 2007. Following the 2010 season, 49ers head coach Mike Singletary was fired by the team. Former Stanford University head coach Jim Harbaugh replaced Singletary. Harbaugh gave Manusky permission to interview with other teams, and Manusky quickly lined up interviews with three teams: the Chargers, Arizona Cardinals and Dallas Cowboys. Manusky ultimately accepted the defensive coordinator job with the Chargers, with whom he had previously worked as a linebackers coach. He was fired following the 2011 season on January 5, 2012.
Greg Manusky and his wife, Laurie, have four kids. Two sons, Colton and Jake, and two daughters, Logan and Chandler.
- Greg Manusky is the new Defensive Coordinator for the San Diego Chargers
- Chargers fire defensive coordinator Greg Manusky
- "Colts hire Greg Manusky as new DC". ESPN.com. February 2, 2012. Retrieved January 23, 2017.
- Patra, Kevin (January 5, 2016). "Colts fire defensive coordinator Greg Manusky". NFL.com. Retrieved January 23, 2017.
- Walker, Andrew (January 22, 2016). "Redskins Hire Greg Manusky To Coach Outside Linebackers". Redskins.com. Retrieved January 22, 2017.
- Patra, Kevin (January 22, 2017). "Redskins promoting Greg Manusky as DC". NFL.com. Retrieved January 22, 2017.
- Kelley, Craig (June 21, 2011). "A Conversation With Greg Manusky Part 2". NFL.com. Retrieved June 21, 2017.