Gowganda is a Dispersed Rural Community and unincorporated place in geographic Nicol Township, Timiskaming District, in northeastern Ontario, Canada. It is at the outlet of the Montreal River from Lake Gowganda, and is on Ontario Highway 560.
Dispersed Rural Community
Lookout Point Lodge, seen from Gowganda Lake at Gowganda
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||356 m (1,168 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern Time Zone)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (Eastern Time Zone)|
|Area code(s)||705, 249|
- "Gowganda". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- Elevation taken at geographic coordinates from Google Maps. Accessed 2016-12-22.
- "Nicol" (PDF). Geology Ontario - Historic Claim Maps. Ontario Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- Gowganda profile at the James Bay Frontier Travel Association
- North Ontario Fishing Maps Angler's Atlas map download
|This Northern Ontario geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|