Goirle (pronounced [ˈɣoːrlə] (listen)) is a municipality and town in the southern Netherlands, in the province of North Brabant. Part of the suburban area of the city of Tilburg, it shares with it its phone area code and public transport system.
Goirle town centre
Location in North Brabant
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Mark van Stappershoef (CDA)|
|• Total||42.34 km2 (16.35 sq mi)|
|• Land||42.07 km2 (16.24 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.27 km2 (0.10 sq mi)|
|Elevation||16 m (52 ft)|
|• Density||556/km2 (1,440/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
- John Boxtel (born 1930 in Goirle) a Dutch sculptor of woodcarvings and an art teacher
- Pepijn van Erp (born 1972 in Goirle) a Dutch mathematician, skeptical activist and chess player
- Floor Jansen (born 1981 in Goirle) a Dutch singer, songwriter and lead vocalist of Finnish symphonic metal band Nightwish
- Tiest van Gestel (1881 in Goirle – 1969) an archer and team gold medallist at the 1920 Summer Olympics
- Martin van Geel (born 1960 in Goirle) a retired Dutch footballer with over 430 club caps
- Björn van der Doelen (born 1976 in Goirle) a retired football midfielder with 249 club caps and a singer/songwriter
- Joris Mathijsen (born 1980 in Goirle) a Dutch former footballer with 409 club caps
- Ireen Wüst (born 1986 in Goirle) a Dutch long track allround speed skater
- "Mevr. M.G. Rijsdorp" (in Dutch). Gemeente Goirle. Archived from the original on 22 April 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 5051LT". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- Van Gool, a Dutch surname meaning "from Goirle".