Gerald Rashard Everett (born June 25, 1994) is an American football tight end for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at South Alabama, and was drafted by the Rams in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Everett in 2018
|No. 81 – Los Angeles Rams|
|Born:||June 25, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||Columbia (Decatur, Georgia)|
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
A native of Atlanta, Georgia, Everett attended Columbia High School in Decatur, Georgia. He played three seasons of high school basketball for the Eagles and did not play high school football for the Eagles until his senior year.
Everett attended Hutchinson Community College in 2012 and 2013 and the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) in 2014. After the UAB football program was shut down, he transferred to the University of South Alabama in 2015 where he played for coach Joey Jones's South Alabama Jaguars football team from 2015 to 2016. In his two years at South Alabama, he had 41 receptions for 575 yards and eight touchdowns and earned first-team All-Sun Belt notice as a junior and 49 receptions for 717 yards and four touchdowns as a senior. Everett received in invitation to the Senior Bowl.
|2015||South Alabama||Sun Belt||SR||TE||12||41||575||14.0||8|
|2016||South Alabama||Sun Belt||SR||TE||12||49||717||14.6||4|
Everett received an invitation to the Senior Bowl. He helped the South defeat the North 16-15 and made one catch for six-yards. Unfortunately, he tied Donnel Pumphrey, who stands at 5'8", for the smallest hand of any pass catcher at the Senior Bowl. He attended the NFL Combine and completed all of the required combine drills. Everett also attended South Alabama's Pro Day and opted to re-try the short shuttle and broad jump, but was unable to beat his combine numbers in both categories. NFL draft experts and analysts projected him to be a second or third round pick in the draft. He was ranked the fourth best tight end in the draft by ESPN and NFL media analyst Mike Mayock, the fifth best tight end by NFLDraftScout.com, and was ranked the sixth best tight end in the draft by Sports Illustrated.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in
|4.59 s||1.61 s||2.67 s||4.33 s||6.99 s||37.5 in
|10 ft 6 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
The Los Angeles Rams selected Everett in the second round (44th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. He was the fourth tight end selected in the draft and first player ever to be drafted from South Alabama. On June 13, 2017, the Los Angeles Rams signed Everett to a four-year, $6.04 million contract that includes $3.27 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $2.53 million.
He made his professional regular season debut in the Los Angeles Rams' season-opener against the Indianapolis Colts and caught his first career reception on a 39-yard pass from quarterback Jared Goff during their 46–9 victory. The following game, he caught a season-high three receptions for 95-yards in the Rams' 27–20 loss to the Washington Redskins. On October 15, 2017, Everett recorded his first career touchdown on a four-yard pass from Goff in the Rams' 27-17 victory at the Jacksonville Jaguars. Overall, in the 2017 season, he finished with 16 receptions for 244 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns. He made his playoff debut in the Wild Card Round against the Atlanta Falcons. He had a four-yard reception in the 26–13 loss.
In the 2018 season, Everett finished with 33 receptions for 320 receiving yard and three receiving touchdowns. He was a significant contributor in the Rams' 54–51 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs scoring two receiving touchdowns in the fourth quarter. In the NFC Championship, he had two receptions for 50 yards in the 26–23 overtime victory over the New Orleans Saints. Everett was targeted once in Super Bowl LIII but had no receptions in the 13–3 loss to the New England Patriots.
- "Gerald Everett, Columbia , Wide Receiver". 247Sports. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- Rosenblatt, Zack. "Arizona Bowl: South Alabama's Gerald Everett a likely NFL draft pick".
- "TE Gerald Everett joins list of former UAB players making move to South Alabama".
- "Could South Alabama's Gerald Everett be a first-round NFL draft pick? One analyst thinks so".
- "South Alabama's Gerald Everett said skipping Arizona Bowl was 'never a thought'".
- "Gerald Everett hoping Giants select him in 2017 NFL Draft: 'They're atop my list'".
- Chris Burke (April 24, 2017). "2017 NFL draft rankings: Top prospects by position". si.com. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- Jeff Legwold (April 22, 2017). "Ranking the 2017 Draft's Top 100 Prospects". ESPN.com. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- Mike Mayock (April 12, 2017). "Mike Mayock's 2017 NFL Draft position rankings 3.0". NFL.com. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Gerald Everett". NFL.com. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- "Gerald Everett, DS #5 TE, South Alabama". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- "2017 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- Bain, Nate (April 28, 2017). "Rams Select TE Gerald Everett in Round 2". TheRams.com.
- "Spotrac.com: Gerald Everett". spotrac.com. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams - September 10th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- "Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams - September 17th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Los Angeles Rams at Jacksonville Jaguars - October 15th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
- "NFL Player stats: Gerald Everett (2017)". NFL.com. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "Gerald Everett 2017 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "Wild Card - Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams - January 6th, 2018". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "Gerald Everett 2018 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Rams - November 19th, 2018". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "NFC Championship - Los Angeles Rams at New Orleans Saints - January 20th, 2019". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "Super Bowl LIII - Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots - February 3rd, 2019". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-02-11.