2019 Los Angeles Rams season
The 2019 Los Angeles Rams season will be the franchise's 82nd season in the National Football League, their 83rd overall, their 53rd in the Greater Los Angeles Area and their third under head coach Sean McVay. It will also mark the Rams' final season playing their home games at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, as the team will move into Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park in Inglewood beginning with the 2020 season. They will enter the season as the defending NFC Champions.
|2019 Los Angeles Rams season|
|Head coach||Sean McVay|
|General manager||Les Snead|
|Home field||United Airlines Memorial Coliseum|
(will be renamed in August 2019)
- The Cincinnati Bengals hired Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor as their new head coach February 4, 2019.
- The Rams hired Wes Phillips, son of Wade Phillips, as tight ends coach February 12, 2019. The younger Phillips had served in the same position with the Washington Redskins from 2014 through 2018. He had originally succeeded Sean McVay in that position after McVay was elevated to offensive coordinator.
- The Rams traded their second-round selection (No. 63 overall) as well as their fourth-round selection in 2018 (124th) to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the Chiefs' sixth-round selection in 2018 (209th) and cornerback Marcus Peters.
- The Rams traded their third-round selection (No. 94 overall) as well as their 2020 fifth-round selection to the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for defensive end Dante Fowler.
- The Rams traded their seventh-round selection and linebacker Alec Ogletree to the New York Giants in exchange for the Giants' fourth- and sixth-round selections in 2018 (102nd and 176th).
- As the result of a negative differential of free agent signings and departures that the Rams experienced during the 2018 free agency period, the team is projected to receive three compensatory selections for the 2019 draft. Exact numbers of the selections from rounds 4–7 will be determined when compensatory selections are awarded at the NFL's annual spring owners' meetings.
Los Angeles Rams staff
Los Angeles Rams roster
On January 21, the NFL announced that the Rams will play host to the Cincinnati Bengals in the International Series in London, England — either Wembley Stadium or Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, as part of the team's relocation agreement. The game will be televised in the United States, with the exact date, venue, kickoff time and network to be announced in conjunction with the release of the 2019 regular season schedule.
The remainder of the Rams' 2019 schedule, with exact dates and times, will be finalized and announced in the spring. Listed below are the Rams' opponents for 2019.
San Francisco 49ers
|New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(based on 2018 division placement)
|Chicago Bears||Dallas Cowboys|
Cincinnati Bengals (in London)
- Bergman, Jeremy (February 4, 2019). "Bengals officially name Zac Taylor their head coach". NFL.com. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Klein, Gary (February 12, 2019). "Wes Phillips joining Rams staff as tight ends coach". LATimes.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- Thorman, Joel (February 26, 2018). "Marcus Peters trade details are out and it doesn't look any better for the Chiefs". SBNation.com. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- "Rams acquire Jags DE Dante Fowler for draft picks". ESPN.com. October 30, 2018. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Patra, Kevin (March 7, 2018). "Rams to trade Alec Ogletree to Giants for two picks". NFL.com. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- "Projecting The 2019 Compensatory Picks". Over the Cap. January 7, 2019. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- "Los Angeles Rams to play '19 preseason game in Hawaii". November 11, 2018. Retrieved December 31, 2018.
- "NFL ANNOUNCES FIVE 2019 INTERNATIONAL GAMES". NFL Communications. January 21, 2019. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- "2019 Opponents Determined". NFL Communications. December 31, 2018. Retrieved December 31, 2018.