George Bridges, Baron Bridges of Headley
James George Robert Bridges, Baron Bridges of Headley, MBE (born 15 July 1970) is a British politician. He served as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Department for Exiting the European Union.
The Lord Bridges of Headley
|Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union|
13 July 2016 – 12 June 2017
|Prime Minister||Theresa May|
|Preceded by||Position established|
|Succeeded by||Steve Baker|
|Parliamentary Secretary for the Cabinet Office|
29 May 2015 – 12 July 2016
|Prime Minister||David Cameron|
|Preceded by||Sam Gyimah|
|Succeeded by||Chris Skidmore|
|Member of the House of Lords|
|Assumed office |
2 June 2015
|Born||15 July 1970|
|Alma mater||Exeter College, Oxford|
Life and careerEdit
Bridges was Assistant Political Secretary to the Prime Minister John Major from 1994 to 1997. He was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in 1997. In the 2000s he served as Chairman of the Research Department and Campaign Director of the Conservative Party.
The Lord Bridges of Headley is a great-grandson of Poet Laureate Robert Bridges, and a grandson of senior civil servant Edward Bridges, 1st Baron Bridges. He is a nephew of the late crossbench peer and ambassador to Italy Thomas Bridges, 2nd Baron Bridges and of historian Margaret Aston.
- "The Peerage - James George Robert Bridges, Baron Bridges of Headley". ThePeerage.com. 7 June 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "New ministerial and government appointments announced on July 17 2016".
- "No. 54850". The London Gazette (Supplement). 2 August 1997. p. 8913.
- "Lord Bridges of Headley".
- "No. 61246". The London Gazette. 3 June 2015. p. 10180.
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
The Lord O'Neill of Gatley
Baron Bridges of Headley
The Lord Prior of Brampton