This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gavin James Wood (born April 1980) is a British programmer who is a co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum. In August 2014 he proposed Solidity, a contract-oriented programming language for writing smart contracts. He is the founder and former CTO and Chairman of Parity Technologies who released the Parity Bitcoin technology stack. He also authored the Polkadot paper.
|Born||April 1980 (age 38)|
Lancaster, United Kingdom
|Education||Lancaster Royal Grammar School|
|Alma mater||University of York|
|Known for||Co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum; CTO and Chairman of Parity Technologies; author of the Polkadot paper|
He was educated at Lancaster Royal Grammar School, graduated from the University of York with a Master of Engineering (MEng) in Computer Systems and Software Engineering in 2002, and completed his PhD in Computer Science at York in 2005, with a thesis entitled "Content-based visualisation to aid common navigation of musical audio". The thesis directly lead to the Moodbar, a static music visualisation used in several prominent music applications on the Linux desktop.
- Ethereum: A Secure Decentralised Generalised Transaction Ledger
- Polkadot: Vision for a Heterogenous Multi-Chain Framework
- Martta: A C++ Language Workbench
- Content-based visualisation to aid common navigation of musical audio
- On Techniques for Content-based Visual Annotation to Aid Intra-track Music Navigation
- Quantitative Comparisons into Content-Based Music Recognition with the Self Organising Map
- "British coder revealed as brains behind bitcoin rival". The Times. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "The future of Blockchain infrastructure, with Gavin Wood and Jutta Steiner at Disrupt Berlin". TechCrunch. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Ethereum: the competitor to Bitcoin which could transform entire industries". New Statesman. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Bitcoin Finds a Home in Cash-Loving Germany". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 7 January 2018.
- "Ethereum Hard Fork Completes, Pushes Ether Price Up". MSN Money. Retrieved 7 January 2018.
- Benoit Schweblin. "StackEdit Viewer". stackedit.io.
- "Parity Technologies new CTO". 6 August 2018.
- Allison, Ian (28 April 2017). "Ethereum co-founder Dr Gavin Wood and company release Parity Bitcoin". International Business Times. Archived from the original on 28 April 2017. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- Pokadot Paper by Gavin Wood
- "Content-based visualisation to aid common navigation of musical audio". British Library EThOS. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- Ethereum Yellow Paper by Gavin Wood
- Martta: A C++ Language Workbench by Gavin Wood
- Content-based visualisation to aid common navigation of musical audio by Gavin Wood
- On Techniques for Content-based Visual Annotation to Aid Intra-track Music Navigation by Gavin Wood
- Quantitative Comparisons into Content-Based Music Recognition with the Self Organising Map by Gavin Wood
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|