Ghulam Muhammad Saroori, also known as G. M. Saroori, is an Indian politician and the former Legislator of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, who represented Inderwal constituency of Kishtwar district from 2002 to 2018 until the coalition government was ended in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
G. M. Saroori
|Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly|
|Born||1 January 1955|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Residence(s)||Shiv Nagar, Kishtwar and Gandhi Nagar, Jammu|
Saroori along with his father Saidullah Saroori started his career as a businessman. His father was a social worker and had influence in politics mostly in Sarthal and Saroor areas of Kishtwar district. Saroori was the eldest among his brothers. He worked as contractor for a long period of time.
Early Political careerEdit
In 2002, Saroori defeated a NC Candidate in Member of Legislative Assembly elections after which he got Minister of State (MOS) status.
Later in 2008 Assembly elections, he won again and was inducted as Cabinet Minister for Rural and Development and remained MLA for Inderwal Constituency.
- "Zulfkar, Haq, Saroori conferred with Best Legislators Award". The Tribune (India). 7 Jun 2016. Retrieved 16 Jun 2020.
- "Azad, Saroori attend executive conference of Gandhi Global Family". 10 Aug 2015. Retrieved 16 Jun 2020.
- "Ghulam Mohd. Saroori (Indian National Congress(INC)):Constituency- INDERWAL(KISHTWAR) - Affidavit Information of Candidate". myneta.info.
- "J&K: NIA summons senior Congress leader Ghulam Mohammad Saroori". Deccan Herald. February 10, 2020.
- "BJP-PDP Alliance in J&K an 'Experiment', Ended When Mehbooba Mufti Delayed Panchayat Poll: PM Modi". News18.
- Sandhu, Kamaljit Kaur (February 10, 2020). "NIA summons senior Jammu and Kashmir Congress leader GM Saroori". India Today.
- "List of ministers in Ministry of Home affairs Government of India" (PDF).
- "Political Personalities". www.mykishtwar.com. Kishtwar. Retrieved 8 Jul 2020.