He performed on Broadway as Franz in the musical Rock of Ages (2014–2015) and in Mamma Mia! (2007–2010) and has played roles Off-Broadway, in regional theatre productions and on tour. Grande has produced Broadway shows and both produced and appeared in cabaret acts, including his own one-man show. In 2012, Grande established a YouTube channel and has also been building a following on Twitter and Instagram. In 2014, he was a contestant on the U.S. reality television series Big Brother 16.
Grande was a judge on the 2015 season of America's Best Dance Crew. From 2016 to 2017, he co-hosted Style Code Live, a live Amazon fashion and shopping show that streamed on weeknights, from which he took off time to compete on the UK reality show Celebrity Big Brother 18 in mid-2016. His philanthropic work includes co-founding the non-profit arts organization "Broadway in South Africa" and work for buildOn.
He is the older half-brother of singer and actress Ariana Grande.
Life and careerEdit
Frankie Grande was born in New York City, the son of Victor Marchione, a physician, and Joan Grande, chief executive officer of telephone and alarm system company Hose-McCann Communications. He grew up in Englewood, New Jersey, and moved with his mother to Boca Raton, Florida, at age 10, where he later attended Pine Crest School. He began performing in musicals in the fifth grade. His half-sister is singer and actress Ariana Grande, and he has a half-brother, James Marchione. Grande is openly gay. He graduated from Muhlenberg College in Pennsylvania in 2005, having triple-majored in biology, theatre and dance. He considered medical school but decided to take a year off to pursue theatre.
He began his professional performing career by 2007, when he appeared as Boots the Monkey in a national tour of Dora the Explorer Live! (Dora's Pirate Adventure) and in regional theatre productions, including the title role in George M!, Mike Costa in A Chorus Line and Lewis in Pippin, among others. Later in 2007, he joined the Broadway cast of the musical Mamma Mia!, in the ensemble and as understudy for Eddie, in which he performed for three years.
Grande has produced shows on and off Broadway, including Broadway productions of Hamlet (2009) starring Jude Law, La Bête (2010–2011) starring David Hyde Pierce, and Born Yesterday (2011) starring Jim Belushi. He also produced Brooke Shields' one-woman cabaret show in 2011. Grande has performed in cabaret acts in New York City, including at Birdland Jazz Club and 54 Below. Grande was named "Mr. Broadway" in the "Mr. Broadway 2007" charity benefit. In 2013, he starred as Bobby in a summer theatre production of the musical Crazy for You. He also presented his own show in New York, Livin' la Vida Grande, at the Laurie Beechman Theatre.
In February 2014, Grande played Consuela Off-Broadway in a revival of the musical Pageant. In June of that year, he performed at DigiFest NYC. In mid-2014, Grande appeared on the US reality television series Big Brother 16. MTV called his 12 weeks on the show "controversial ... peppered with some powerful, outrageous, and downright impressive moments". Grande placed 5th out of 16 contestants.
Grande returned to Broadway in November 2014 as Franz in the musical Rock of Ages for a two-month engagement. He appeared on Good Day New York and performed "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". The same month, he co-hosted the red carpet pre-show of the American Music Awards. In 2014, TV Guide called Grande one of "Our Favorite YouTube Stars". He was featured in a 2014 ABC Nightline segment about entertainers who use social media to boost their success. Writing in The New York Times in 2014, Michael Musto termed Grande "friskily ambitious". Another reporter called him "unabashedly enthusiastic about life."
In 2015, Billboard included Grande in its list of "32 of the top social media stars on the Internet today." In January 2015, Grande again performed his one-man cabaret show at 54 Below. In February, he appeared in a music video for Lance Bass and modeled for Malan Breton at New York Fashion Week. In March, Grande was an Entertainment Tonight interviewer at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards. He also appeared in the documentary short film, "Malan Breton: A Journey to Taiwan", which won the 2015 New York City International Film Festival award for "Best Short Documentary". In June he appeared at DigiFest NYC, and the following month he served as a judge for the #JoeyShine Video Contest. Grande was a judge on the 2015 reality TV series America's Best Dance Crew All-Stars: Road to the VMAs, on MTV in 2015. He hosted a TV special on the Oxygen channel in August 2015 called Worst.Post.Ever: With Frankie Grande about social media faux pas. The following month, he made a guest appearance on Big Brother 17. He co-hosted the red carpet pre-show of the American Music Awards again in 2015. Throughout the year, he also regularly performed a number in his sister's The Honeymoon Tour. Grande was nominated for a 2016 People's Choice Award.
Grande revived his autobiographical one-man show, Livin' La Vida Grande, in Los Angeles in January 2016. The same month, he and his sister launched a unisex fragrance named "Frankie by Ariana Grande". Beginning March 2016, Grande co-hosted Amazon.com's live show, Style Code Live (SCL), which covers celebrity trends as well as fashion and beauty news and tips. The show allows viewers to shop for the items discussed and to ask questions interactively. It streams live each weeknight. A review in The Washington Post called the show "something of a mash-up between QVC and E! News". Grande performed his cabaret act, Livin' la Vida Grande, at The Box in New York City over a weekend in June 2016. He was also a guest panelist on Logo TV's Gay for Play Game Show Starring RuPaul in a 2016 episode. In July and August, Grande appeared on the UK reality TV show Celebrity Big Brother 18, finishing in 6th place. He recorded a segment on fashions in the Celebrity Big Brother house for SCL, and returned to co-hosting SCL full-time in September 2016. Grande continued to host SCL until May 2017.
Together with Olivia Culpo, he critiqued the 2017 Golden Globes fashions on The Today Show. Grande modeled for Propaganda by Richie Rich, and again for Breton, at Madison Square Garden during New York Fashion Week in February 2017. In May 2017, he released a music single, "Queen", and an accompanying music video, about his inspiration by '70s glam rock icons. He launched an app partnership, YouCam Make-up, in June, which ties in to the single. "Queen" ranked number 35 on the Billboard Twitter Top Tracks chart for the week dated July 15, 2017. In July, Grande competed on the CBS TV game show Candy Crush. The following month, he appeared on the Vimeo web series Indoor Boys; for this he was nominated for a Best Actor award at the 2018 Indie Series Awards. He guest-starred in September 2017 in a two-part episode of Nickelodeon's sitcom Henry Danger, Season 3, "Live & Dangerous", in the role of Frankini. In October 2017 Grande appeared in the season 2 finale of the Netflix television series Haters Back Off as a fictionalized version of himself. In December, he appeared on Trivial Takedown on Fuse TV.
In January 2018, Grande starred in The Unauthorized Musical Parody of: Rocky at Rockwell Table and Stage in Los Angeles. The following month, he hosted the red carpet and performed at the Make-Up Artists and Hairstylists Guild Awards in Los Angeles. Grande played Frank-n-Furter in The Rocky Horror Show in Los Angeles and then joined the cast of the off-Broadway show Cruel Intentions: The Musical at (Le) Poisson Rouge as Blaine in March 2018. In May 2018, Grande reprised the role of Frankini in a fourth season episode of Henry Danger titled "Captain Man-kini", and also guest-starred on RuPaul's Drag Race. In July he returned for another guest appearance on Indoor Boys. He starred as Finch in a July 2018 Muhlenberg production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. A reviewer wrote: "His Finch is utterly charming and has an adorable innocence that belies the manipulative techniques he employs to get ahead." In August, he played Victor Garber in New York City in a parody juke-box musical, based on the music of Céline Dion, called Titanique: In Conceret. He also appeared in the show's return engagement later in the year. As of 2019, Grande also continues to perform his one-man show at nightclubs. He is set to return to Henry Danger as Frankini for a musical episode in July 2019.
As of December 2018[update], Grande's social media presence included more than 400,000 YouTube subscribers and 25 million views on YouTube, more than 1.9 million followers on Instagram and one million followers on Twitter.
In 2007, Grande co-founded the non-profit arts organization "Broadway in South Africa", traveling to South Africa to teach performance arts to disadvantaged youth for seven years, before the charity merged with buildOn. In 2013, Grande helped buildOn to build a school in a rural village in Malawi, in southeastern Africa, and in 2014 buildOn honored him for his efforts with its Global Impact Award. Grande is an anti-smoking advocate. Grande donated the money that he won on Big Brother 16 (from the "Team America" twist he was a part of) to buildOn, to build another school in Africa. In January 2015, he returned to Malawi to help begin construction of the school, named in memory of his grandfather. Grande raised additional money for buildOn, to fund the school, eventually surpassing his goal of $70,000. Grande participated in a 2016 fire prevention public service announcement called 2steps2minutes and the annual Broadway Bares show to benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
In June 2018, Grande headlined the annual "Broadway Sings for Pride" benefit concert at The Cutting Room in New York. He is also an active participant in AIDS/LifeCycle, an annual event that raises money to fight HIV/AIDS. He raised over $38,000 in 2018. Grande also rode in the event in June 2019.
|2015||Malan Breton a Journey to Taiwan||Himself||Documentary|
|2014||Big Brother 16||Himself – Houseguest||Finished 5th out of 16.|
|2014||American Music Awards||Himself|||
|2015||2015 Kids' Choice Awards||Himself – Interviewer for ET|||
|2015||Good Morning America||Himself – Guest||Episode: August 17, 2015|
|2015||Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew||Himself – Judge|||
|2015||Worst.Post.Ever: With Frankie Grande (Oxygen)||Host|||
|2015||American Music Awards of 2015||Himself|||
|2016–2017||Style Code Live||Himself – Co-host||Daily episodes|
|2016||Celebrity Big Brother 18 (UK)||Himself – Housemate||Finished 6th out of 15.|
|2016–2017||Gay for Play Game Show Starring RuPaul||Himself – Panelist||Guest star|
|2017||Candy Crush||Himself – Competitor||Guest star|
|2017–2019||Henry Danger||Frankini||Guest star – 3 episodes (and 1 upcoming)|
|2017||Haters Back Off||Himself – Guest star||Season 2, episode 8|
|2018||RuPaul's Drag Race||Himself – Guest star||Season 10, episode 10|
- Murphy, T. Michelle. "10 Facts you won’t learn about Frankie Grande on Big Brother 16", Metro.us, September 22, 2014, accessed December 3, 2014
- Grande, Frankie. Frankie J. Grande biography, Blacksheepus.com, accessed April 4, 2015
- Grande, Frankie. "Frankie Grande: Smoking 'Ain't Cute,' Guys", The Advocate, April 1, 2015; and "Blow on This! IntelliQuit, World's First Stop Smoking Biosensor and Platform Launches a Crowdfunding Campaign with Kickstarter", IntelliQuit press release, October 14, 2014
- Lipton, Brian. "Man of Style: Frankie Grande", MR Magazine, March 26, 2018; McLean, Craig. "Ariana Grande: 'If you want to call me a diva I'll say: cool'", The Telegraph, October 17, 2014; and "About Hose-McCann Communications", Hose-McCann Communications, accessed October 1, 2014
- Schultz, Brandon. "Frankie Grande on Big Brother and the Hetero-Homo 'Zankie' Showmance That Had Everyone Talking", Out magazine, October 2, 2014
- Erstein, Hap. "Boca-to-Broadway buddies producing Tony-nominated show", Florida Weekly, May 19, 2011, accessed July 26, 2014
- Musto, Michael. "Frankie Grande, Ariana Grande’s Half Brother, Stars in Rock of Ages", The New York Times, November 12, 2014
- Cox-Henry, Joanie. "Frankie Grande shares social media advice in upcoming TV special", Sun-Sentinel, August 11, 2015; Marr, Madeleine. "Frankie Grande is thinking big", Miami Herald, September 11, 2015
- Weiner, Natalie. "Frankie Grande Talks Broadway, Twitter & (of Course!) His Sister Ariana", Billboard.com, November 5, 2015
- Lindner, Emilee. "Ariana Grande Lashes Out in Defense of Her Brother", MTV, August 12, 2014, accessed October 21, 2014; and Lovece, Frank. "Ariana Grande, raised Catholic, turns to Kabbalah over brother Frankie Grande's homosexuality", Newsday, October 21, 2014
- Gilkas, Bruce. "Victor Marchione, son Frankie J. Grande and brother James Marchione pose at his new show Livin' La Vida Grande at 54 Below on January 20, 2015 in New York City", Getty Images, January 20, 2015; and Grande, Frankie. "Watching the @Giants game with my little bro @Marchione1998", Twitter, November 8, 2015
- Gonzales, Erica. "Ariana Grande Had the Perfect Response When Her Brother Came Out", Harpers Bazaar, December 14, 2016; and Turano, Sammi. "Big Brother 16: Ariana Grande's Brother Cast", tvgrapevine.com, July 20, 2014
- Gans, Andrew. "Mamma Mia!'s Grande Named Mr. Broadway 2007", Playbill, May 2, 2007, accessed July 26, 2014
- Sobel, Jon. "Big Brother's Frankie J. Grande, Half-Brother of Ariana Grande, Returning to Broadway in Rock of Ages", Classicalite, October 22, 2014
- "Frankie James Grande", Playbill Vault, accessed July 26, 2014; "Who's Who – Frankie James Grande", Broadway theatre program for Born Yesterday, April 24, 2011, reprinted at Playbill Vault, accessed July 26, 2014; and "Who's Who – Frankie James Grande", Broadway theatre program for Hamlet, October 5, 2009, reprinted at Playbill Vault, accessed July 26, 2014
- Outwater, Myra Yellin. "Muhlenberg opens summer musical season with Crazy for You", The Morning Call, June 5, 2013, accessed July 26, 2014
- McPhee, Ryan. "Broadway in the House! Frankie James Grande, Brother of Ariana Grande, to Compete on New Season of Big Brother", Broadway.com, June 19, 2014, accessed December 3, 2014; and "Frankie Grande, Mallory Hagan, and Antoine L. Smith Set to Judge Rising Star Competition on 5/8", BroadwayWorld.com, May 7, 2016
- "Photo Coverage: Brooke Shields Plays Feinstein's", BroadwayWorld.com, February 2, 2011, accessed July 30, 2014; and "Frankie Grande, Mallory Hagan, and Antoine L. Smith Set to Judge Rising Star Competition on 5/8", BroadwayWorld.com, May 7, 2016
- Blank, Matthew. "'Miranda Sings Christmas Spectacular', With Lauren Kennedy and Frankie Grande" Archived October 29, 2013, at the Wayback Machine, Playbill, December 20, 2011, accessed July 26, 2014
- Gioia, Michael. "Katie Thompson Celebrates Christmas With a 'K' Dec. 3 at 54 Below With Frankie James Grande, Julia Mattison and More", Playbill, December 3, 2013, accessed July 26, 2014
- "Ariana Grande Attends Her Brother Frankie Grande's Performance of Crazy For You", Disney Dreaming, June 29, 2013, accessed July 26, 2014
- "Frankie Grande's One-Man Show Living La Vida Grade (sic) Comes to New York, Now thru 9/15", BroadwayWorld.com, September 13, 2013, accessed July 26, 2014
- Voss, Brandon. "Frankie J. Grande in Rock of Ages", The Advocate, November 24, 2014
- Hetrick, Adam. "New York Return of Pageant Sells Out; Additional Performance Added", Playbill, February 6, 2014.
- Smith, Michael Kirby. "Stars of YouTube Take to the Stage", The New York Times, June 7, 2014. See also Photo of Grande singing at DigiFest NYC, The New York Times, accessed July 28, 2014
- "These Photos from DigiFest NYC Will Give You a Serious Case of FOMO", MTV.com, June 9, 2014
- Larkin, Mike. "Ariana Grande's brother Frankie is devastated after learning of grandfather's death on Big Brother", Daily Mail, July 24, 2014
- Murphy, Shaunna. "Frankie Grande's 7 Most Outrageous Big Brother Moments", MTV.com, September 17, 2014
- "Frankie Grande Defends Sister Ariana From Diva Rumors at Big Brother Finale", ETOnline, September 25, 2014
- Gomez, Patrick. "Big Brother's Frankie Grande Is Headed to Broadway", People, October 21, 2014; "BWW Flashback: The Final Countdown – Rock of Ages Closes on Broadway Tonight!", BroadwayWorld, January 18, 2015
- "Frankie J. Grande gushes about sister Ariana", MyFoxNY.com, November 18, 2014
- Walano, Rose. "Ariana Grande's Brother, Frankie J., Hits AMAs Red Carpet Without a Real Shirt: See His Painted-On Outfit!", Us Weekly magazine, November 23, 2014; "Yahoo to Live-Stream the 2014 American Music Awards Red Carpet Preshow", Yahoo Music, November 7, 2014; and Heigl, Alex. "Frankie Grande Wears a Painted-On Shirt to the AMAs", People magazine, November 23, 2014
- "Frankie J. Grande", TV Guide, accessed September 17, 2014
- Piwowarski, Allison. "Big Brother Frankie Grande's YouTube Videos Will Make You Love Him Even More", Bustle.com, July 2014
- Faris, Paula. "When Using Social Media for Do-It-Yourself Fame Leads to Big Breaks", Nightline, American Broadcasting Company, November 20, 2014
- Weiss, Sabrina Rojas. "Frankie Grande Shares the Secrets to Being a Social Media Magnet", Refinery29, August 17, 2015
- "Getting to Know the Billboard 2015 Social Media Stars", Billboard, October 12, 2015
- Brady, Louisa. "Broadway at the Cabaret – Top 5 Cabaret Picks for January 19–25, Featuring Frankie J. Grande, Christine Ebersole, and More!", BroadwayWorld, January 18, 2015; Champion, Lindsay. "The Big Brother Bromance Lives On! Frankie J. Grande Swoons Over Shirtless Stud Zach Rance at 54 Below", Broadway.com, January 21, 2015
- Roth, Madeline. "Frankie Grande & Miranda Sings Lip-Sync for Their Lives in Lance Bass’ New Video", MTV, February 3, 2015
- "Frankie Grande Makes His Runway Debut", Out magazine, February 18, 2015
- "Cody Simpson Responds to Gigi Hadid Cocaine Scandal: 'She Would Never Do Anything Like That'", Entertainment Tonight, March 28, 2015; and "Fifth Harmony on Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction: 'It's the End of an Era'", ET, filmed March 28, 2015, posted March 30, 2015. See also "Kids' Choice Awards 2015: Frankie Grande", CBSNews, March 30, 2015
- "Malan Breton – A Journey to Taiwan wins the NYCIFF award for Best Short Documentary", Daily News Detroit, May 12, 2015, accessed January 14, 2016
- McNamara, Kristin. "Demi Lovato, Jack and Jack Rock DigiFest NYC", Cambio.com, June 9, 2015
- "#JoeyShine Video Contest Winner Announced for NYMF's Joey Contreras in Concert", BroadwayWorld.com, July 15, 2015
- Mink, Casey. "America’s Best Dance Crew Returns: Frankie Grande & More to Judge", Hollywood Life, April 21, 2015
- Phillips, Jevon. "America's Best Dance Crew: Road to the VMAs starts, and one crew hits bottom quick", Los Angeles Times, July 30, 2015
- "Worst.Post.Ever: With Frankie Grande". Oxygen.com, August 18, 2015
- Falcone, Dana Rose. "Q&A: Frankie Grande talks Ariana's Instagram, Justin Bieber, and more ahead of Worst.Post.Ever premiere", Entertainment Weekly, August 18, 2015
- Dornbush, Jonathan. "Every Breath You Take, Every Move You Make, Vanessa's Watching You", Entertainment Weekly, September 13, 2015
- Middleton, Ryan. "Skrillex, Diplo Reveal New EP Planned For Early 2016", MusicTimes.com, November 23, 2015
- "People's Choice Awards 2016: Full List of Nominees", People'sChoice.com, November 3, 2015
- "Frankie Grande: Livin' La Vida Grande", FOX 11 Los Angeles, January 5, 2016; and "Frankie Grande, Mallory Hagan, and Antoine L. Smith Set to Judge Rising Star Competition on 5/8", BroadwayWorld.com, May 7, 2016
- Wright, Rebecca. "Ariana and Frankie Grande launch unisex fragrance", Glamour magazine, January 20, 2016
- French, Megan. "Frankie Grande Is Hosting Talk Show Style Code Live on Amazon", Us Weekly, March 8, 2016; and "FMN Exclusive: Frankie Grande of Style Code Live Names His Two Biggest Fashion Icons, Both Past and Present", Fox News Magazine, June 1, 2016
- "Why Frankie Grande and Rachel Smith Are Killing It on Amazon's Style Code Live", WhoSay, October 21, 2016
- Halzack, Sarah. "Amazon just launched a new live show that looks a lot like QVC", The Washington Post, March 9, 2016
- Lindsay, Benjamin. "Frankie Grande on His New York Theater Roots", Backstage, June 10, 2016
- "Logo to Premiere All-New Gay for Play Game Show Starring RuPaul 4/11", BroadwayWorld.com, March 3, 2016; and Caulfield, Keith. "RuPaul's Cheeky New Game Show Gay for Play: Exclusive Clip", Billboard, April 11, 2016
- "Celebrity Big Brother: Who's in the house?", BBC, July 29, 2016; Pearce, Tilly. "Frankie Grande comes in sixth place in the Celebrity Big Brother final", The Sun, August 26, 2016
- Welsh, Daniel. "Celebrity Big Brother Bosses Bend the Rules for Frankie Grande", Huffington Post, August 18, 2016
- Whistlecroft, Charlotte and Catriona Wightman. "Celebrity Big Brother's Frankie defends presenting Style Code Live from the house", Digital Spy, August 27, 2016
- Sadick, Sydney. "Getting to Know Frankie Grande!", Fashion Week Daily, September 16, 2016
- Perez, Sarah. "Amazon cancels its QVC-like shopping show Style Code Live", TechCrunch, May 30, 2017
- "Frankie Grande Premieres Video for Debut Single 'Queen,' Talks Ariana, Broadway & Glam Rock Inspirations", Billboard.com, May 18, 2017
- Marr, Madeleine. "Beauty queen turned actress Olivia Culpo in South Beach", Miami Herald, January 10, 2017; and "Ex-Miss Universe Olivia Culpo, Frankie Grande Talk Golden Globes Red Carpet Fashion", Today, YouTube, January 9, 2016
- Matera, Avery. "Ariana Grande's Brother Frankie Walked the Runway in Sequins", Teen Vogue, February 10, 2017
- Adamiyatt, Roxanne. "Frankie Grande's New Collaboration With YouCam Is All About Empowerment", US magazine, June 22, 2017
- "Frankie Grande", Billboard.biz, July 7, 2017
- "Sunday TV Picks: Candy Crush sweetens game show with giant boards", The Seattle Times, July 9, 2017; and Dixon, Marcus James. "Candy Crush TV show recap: Who won in epic reality battle between Big Brother and Survivor?", Goldderby.com, July 10, 2017
- Wong, Curtis M. "Frankie Grande Pays The Indoor Boys a Surprise Visit", Huffington Post, August 20, 2017
- Clement, Olivia. "Wesley Taylor-Alex Wyse Series Indoor Boys Lands 5 Nominations at Indie Series Awards", Playbill, January 31, 2018
- Haylock, Zoë Alliyah. "Frankie Grande Gets Emosh About Returning to Nickelodeon for Henry Danger", J-14, September 11, 2017
- Spangler, Todd. "Colleen Ballinger on Miranda Sings' Evolution, Working With Netflix and Sexual Harassment in the Industry", Variety, October 25, 2017; and Ballinger, Colleen. "broadway or buts", Haters Back Off, Season 2, Episode 8, Netflix, October 20, 2017 (subscription required)
- Nunez, Jatnna. "Frankie Grande's Style Evolution", Fuse, December 19, 2017
- Franklin, Marc J. "A Look at The Unauthorized Musical Parody Of: Rocky with Marissa Jaret Winokur and Frankie Grande", Playbill, January 22, 2018
- "Winners Announced For Make-Up Artists and Hairstylists Guild Awards", BroadwayWorld.com, February 25, 2018
- Daw, Stephen. "Frankie Grande Talks His Role in Cruel Intentions: The Musical, His Favorite '90s Songs & More", Billboard, March 27, 2018; and Stewart, Zachary. "Frankie J. Grande Gets in Touch With His Bad Side in Cruel Intentions", TheatreMania.com, March 27, 2018
- "Captain Man is Going to Body Swap with Frankini?!", Henry Danger, Nickelodeon, May 13, 2018
- Munzenrieder, Kyle. "RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10, Episode 10 Power Rankings: The Trade of it All", W magazine, May 24, 2018; and Schuessler, Bobby. "Frankie Grande Transforms Into Eureka from Drag Race – and Slays", Out magazine, May 25, 2018
- Wong, Curtis M. "Indoor Boys Heats Up With Surprise Hookups and Unexpected Guests", Huffington Post, July 9, 2018
- Duckett, Jodi. "Broadway performer Frankie Grande returns to Muhlenberg to star in How to Succeed in Business", The Morning Call, May 21, 2018; and Rose, Julia. "Broadway star Frankie Grande returns to alma mater for musical", WFMZ-TV, July 10, 2018
- Lauer-Williams, Kathy. "Review: How to Succeed at 'Berg' smartly hilarious and delightful", The Morning Call, July 13, 2018
- McPhee, Ryan. "Frankie J. Grande Boards Titanic Musical Parody, Featuring the Songs of Céline Dion",Playbill, June 26, 2018
- "Titanique to Have Encore Run In NYC Beginning Today", BroadwayWorld.com, November 30, 2018
- "Frankie Grande Announced at the Green Room 42", BroadwayWorld.com, January 23, 2019.
- Gomez, Patrick. "Exclusive first look at Frankie Grande's return to Henry Danger – and it's for a musical special!", Entertainment Weekly, May 11, 2019
- Grant, Stacey. "Ella Anderson & Riele Downs Reveal Secrets About the Henry Danger Musical", Seventeen, June 11, 2019
- "FrankieJGrande: About", YouTube, accessed December 13, 2018
- "Frankiejgrande", Instagram.com, accessed December 13, 2018
- "Frankie James Grande", Twitter.com, accessed December 13, 2018
- Kupin, Jacob and Timothy Carroll. "Frankie Grande – Interview", CreativeSpotlights.com, October 16, 2012, accessed July 26, 2014; Fullerton, Krissie. "Grande, Vivino, Umphress and More Help Broadway in South Africa Celebrate the Holidays", Playbill, December 14, 2010, accessed July 26, 2014; and Schreiber, Abby. "Frankie Grande: Bad Boy of Twitter, Broadway and Big Brother (and Ariana's Brother)", Paper magazine, November 19, 2014
- "buildOn Honors Frankie James Grande", buildon.org, May 2014; "Frankie Grande School", buildOn.org, accessed July 28, 2014; and "Frankie J. Grande Returns to Broadway in Rock of Ages Tonight", BroadwayWorld.com, November 10, 2014
- A 2015 video of Grande in Malawi shows him viewing the school that he helped to build there in 2013 and beginning a new school. Grande, Frankie. "Frank Grande School Malawi", YouTube.com, January 6, 2015
- Grande, Frankie. "Frankie Grande: Smoking 'Ain't Cute,' Guys", The Advocate, April 1, 2015; and Grande, Frankie. 2015 cover of "Left Swipe Dat" anti-smoking PSA, YouTube, March 23, 2015
- Turner, Annaka. "Frankie Grande Donates Big Brother ... Winnings to Charity", Big Brother Access, January 5, 2014; Piwowarski, Allison. "What Is Frankie Grande's Charity? How the Big Brother Star Plans to Give Back After the Show", Bustle.com, August 14, 2014
- Gomez, Patrick. "Ariana Grande's Brother Frankie: I Fell in Love on Big Brother", People.com, September 25, 2014
- "Top 5 YouTubers Fundraisers", Fanciful Magazine, February 2015 issue
- "Frankie Grande School", buildOn.org, accessed February 11, 2015
- What's Trending. "GloZell, Frankie Grande, Brittany Furlan Band Together for Home Fire Awareness PSA", Tubefilter.com, February 10, 2016
- Caulfield, Keith. "Broadway's Brightest Strip Down to Raise $1.48 Million for Charity", Billboard.com, June 21, 2016
- "Frankie Grande and Matt Doyle to Headline Broadway Sings for Pride's 'Revolution'", BroadwayWorld.com, May 17, 2018
- "AIDS/LifeCycle is a fully-supported, seven-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles", AIDS/LifeCycle", accessed October 30, 2018; and Lauer-Williams, Kathy. "Frankie Grande tells why he's returning to Muhlenberg College to star in How to Succeed in Business", The Morning Call, July 6, 2018, accessed October 30, 2018
- "21 Photos AIDS/LifeCycle Day 4: Frankie Grande and the Halfway Mark", Advocate, June 7, 2019
- "Frankie Grande Talks Upcoming TV Special Worst.Post.Ever", BroadwayWorld.com, August 17, 2015
- "Frankie Grande", TV Guide, accessed July 26, 2017