Footpath (2003 film)
Footpath is a 2003 Indian bollywood crime thriller film directed by Vikram Bhatt, starring Aftab Shivdasani, Rahul Dev and Bipasha Basu, which also marked the debut of Emraan Hashmi. The film was a remake of Mahesh Bhatt's film Angaarey, which too was based on the same Hollywood film State of Grace.
|Directed by||Vikram Bhatt|
|Edited by||Akiv Ali|
|Distributed by||Tips Films Pvt. Ltd.|
|Box office||₹64.3 million|
Arjun Singh (Aftab Shivdasani) and the Srivastav brothers, Raghu (Emraan Hashmi) and Shekhar (Rahul Dev), are neighbors in a gangster-prone area in Mumbai. When Arjun's union leader father is killed, the brothers urge him to avenge his death. They get a sword and find the killers and kill them. Arjun is the prime suspect in this homicide and the brothers get him to run to Delhi, where he begins a new life as a Real Estate Agent, Mohan Kumar Sharma. Years later, Arjun returns to Mumbai and is welcomed with open arms by Raghu and Shekhar, who are now leading gangsters in their own right. Arjun also renews his romance with the estranged Srivastavs' sister, Sanjana (Bipasha Basu). Sanjana would like Arjun and her brothers to go straight, and Arjun agrees with her and he starts to work on Raghu - the more flexible of the two - and partially succeeds - especially since Raghu is romantically involved with a school-teacher, who will have nothing to do with him unless he gives up all criminal activity. Raghu is seriously considering going straight when Shekhar gives him the devastating news, that Arjun is not who he claims to be - but a plainclothes police officer, who is out to get them by hook or by crook.
- Aftab Shivdasani as Arjun Singh / Mohankumar Sharma
- Irrfan Khan as Sheikh
- Bipasha Basu as Sanjana Srivastav Singh
- Emraan Hashmi as Raghu Srivastav
- Rahul Dev as Shekhar Srivastav
- Anup Soni as Police Inspector Singh
- Aparna Tilak as Shalini (The English Teacher)
- Anupama Verma as Pamela
- Arif Zakaria as Shyam
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Saari Raat Teri Yaad" - Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik
- "Dil To Milte Hain" - Alka Yagnik
- "Dost Miltey Hai" - Kumar Sanu
- "Soorat Pe Teri Pyar Aave" (composed by Himesh Reshammiya) - Hema Sardesai, K.K.
- "Kitna Pyara Pyara Hai Sama" - Abhijeet, Alka Yagnik
- "Zara Dekh Mera Deewanapan" - Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik
- "Chaain Aapko Mila" - S. P. Balasubramanyam, Asha Bhosle. (The same song also featured in Priyadarshan's Hungama, with Shaan and Sadhana Sargam as vocalists)