Vlaicu featuring in SuperLiga match in 2015
|Full name||Florin Adrian Vlaicu|
|Date of birth||26 July 1986|
|Place of birth||Bucharest, Romania|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||103 kg (16 st 3 lb; 227 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Vlaicu made his international debut in 2006 as a substitute against Ukraine. He played for Romania in the IRB Nations Cup and in their 2007 Rugby World Cup qualifying before appearing for them in the 2007 Rugby World Cup. He played two Tests at the World Cup as a substitute against both Scotland and the All Blacks, scoring a penalty against the latter. He also played at the 2011 Rugby World Cup and the 2015 Rugby World Cup. He reached his 100th cap on 11 March 2017 when Romania played against Belgium in Brussels.
Vlaicu set a series of records during his career. He is the most capped Romanian player at international level with 104 caps so far. As of September 2017 he is the leading active top point scorer in international rugby, with 837 points (11th in the all-time rankings). Florin is also the most prolific point scorer for Romania at the Rugby World Cup with 28 points scored over three tournaments.
- SuperLiga: 2006
- Romanian Cup: 2006, 2007
- LA MULȚI ANI, FLORIN VLAICU!
- Rugby: Florin Vlaicu va bifa selecția cu numărul 100 în partida de sâmbătă cu Belgia, din REC
- Omul-record. Florin Vlaicu va deveni sâmbătă cel mai selecţionat jucător român din istorie
- Florin Vlaicu marcatorul nr 1 în activitate din rugby-ul internațional
- Romania Rugby World Cup Players Statistics
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Florin Vlaicu.|
- Florin Vlaicu at ESPNscrum
- Florin Vlaicu at ItsRugby.co.uk
- Florin Vlaicu at European Professional Club Rugby (archived)
- Florin Vlaicu at European Professional Club Rugby
- Florin Vlaicu at Romanian Rugby SuperLiga (in Romanian)
|This biographical article relating to Romanian rugby union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|