Florida's 27th congressional district
Florida's 27th congressional district is an electoral district for the U.S. Congress and was created in South Florida during 2012, effective January 2013, as a result of the 2010 Census. The first candidates ran in the 2012 House elections, and the winner was seated for the 113th Congress on January 3, 2013.
|Florida's 27th congressional district|
Florida's 27th congressional district - since January 3, 2017.
|Area||344 sq mi (890 km2)|
The 27th district is located in far South Florida, inside Miami-Dade County. It contains a large part of the city of Miami, as well as all of the municipalities of Miami Beach, Coral Gables, West Miami, South Miami, Pinecrest, Cutler Bay, Palmetto Bay, Key Biscayne,and North Bay Village. The heavily Cuban American neighborhood of Little Havana is situated in this district.
Election results from presidential races:
|2012||President||Barack Obama 53 - Mitt Romney 46%|
|2016||President||Hillary Clinton 59 - Donald Trump 39%|
List of members representing the districtEdit
|District created||January 3, 2013|
|Republican||January 3, 2013 –
January 3, 2019
|Redistricted from the 18th district.|
|Democratic||January 3, 2019 –
|116th||Elected in 2018.|
Living former representativesEdit
As of January 2019[update], there is one living former member of the House from the district.
|Representative||Term in office||Date of birth (and age)|
|Ileana Ros-Lehtinen||January 3, 2013 – January 3, 2019||July 15, 1952|
- "Congressional Plan--SC14-1905 (Ordered by The Florida Supreme Court, 2-December-2015)" (PDF). Florida Senate Committee on Reapportionment. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Geography, US Census Bureau. "Congressional Districts Relationship Files (state-based)". www.census.gov. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Bureau, Center for New Media & Promotion (CNMP), US Census. "My Congressional District". www.census.gov. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- "Census 2010 shows Red states gaining congressional districts". Washington Post. Retrieved December 21, 2010.
- See whole Florida state map for 2013, with the 26th district covering Monroe County and Miami-Dade County: h9047_35x42L.pdf Congressional Plan: H000C9047. Chapter No. 2012-2, Laws of Florida. www.flsenate.gov. February 16, 2012.
- See the 2013 boundaries of the 26th district, covering Monroe County and western Miami-Dade in the 2013 districts map: H000C9047_map_se.pdf, for the southeast region of Florida. Congressional Plan: H000C9047. Chapter No. 2012-2, Laws of Florida. www.flsenate.gov. February 2012.
- "About Me | Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen". ros-lehtinen.house.gov. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Mattezi, Patricia. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen to Retire from Congress, Miami Herald, April 30, 2017.