Fire Island (TV series)
Fire Island is an American reality television series from the LGBT-interest network Logo that began airing on April 27, 2017. It is produced by Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos, Albert Bianchini, and Lenid Rolov.
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Milojo Productions|
|Original network||Logo TV |
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||April 21 –|
June 1, 2017
Six gay men share a beachfront house for the summer on Fire Island.
- Khasan Brailsford, a dancer and choreographer who has performed with artists like Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, P!nk, and Jennifer Lopez
- Jorge Bustillos, Khasan's best friend, a marketing strategist who left a career as a doctor in Venezuela
- Cheyenne Parker, an entrepreneur and model
- Justin Russo, an artist and illustrator
- Patrick McDonald, a Fire Island bartender
- Brandon Osorio, a New York University student and aspiring photographer
Fire Island is produced by Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos, Albert Bianchini, and Lenid Rolov. Ripa and Consuelos said of the show, "We fell in love with Fire Island years ago the minute we stepped off the ferry. We’re excited to share the long-standing magic of the island with this new series and to be working again with our Logo family."
Logo ordered the series from Ripa and Consuelos in July 2016. Taped in Summer 2016, Fire Island's cast members were announced on March 6, 2017. Saturday Night Live subsequently parodied the series in a skit about a lesbian reality show called Cherry Grove.
The beachfront house used in the series is located at 150 Ocean Front Walk in Fire Island Pines. The listing by Fire Island Properties describes it as "4 bedroom – 4 bath ocean front home is complete with 2 fireplaces, gunite pool and hot tub. All bedrooms have private bathroom." Per Newsday, the listing price for a July to August season in 2017 was $155,000.Coordinates:
The first episode was previewed in the US on VH1 on April 21, 2017 at 9 pm after RuPaul's Drag Race. Fire Island premiered on Logo at 8 pm on April 27, 2017 with the first two episodes back-to back.
Following the release of a 90-second teaser for Fire Island, a March 2017 op-ed by personal trainer Jason Wimberly in The Advocate suggested that the series "contributes to gay America's moral decline" by glamorizing behavior that negatively impacts the perception of the LGBT community. Fire Island cast members defended the series, calling it "lighthearted" and noting that "we're not harming anyone", and cast members from MTV's controversial reality series Jersey Shore commented that "bad press is good press" and advised the Fire Island cast to "take the criticism with a grain of salt".
|No.||Title||Original air date||US viewers|
|1||"Welcome to Fire Island!"||April 21, 2017||208,000 (VH1)|
|Dancer and choreographer Khasan invites five friends to stay with him at a Fire Island beach house for the summer. The first evening, Justin and Patrick stay behind to cook dinner for the group while the others go to a tea dance, and Justin is annoyed when the housemates come back late. The next day, they explore the island and attend the Pines Party. As the weekend winds down, the group hosts a barbeque, but Jorge feels disrespected when Patrick's friends start getting naked and are unapologetic about it.|
|2||"The More, The Merrier"||April 27, 2017||TBD|
|Justin and Khasan invite their boyfriends to Fire Island for the weekend, and Jorge is worried how he will react to his best friend Khasan having less time for him. Cheyenne is hesitant to attend an underwear party with the others because he has just begun a relationship. The next day, a quiet gathering of the housemates in the hot tub becomes a full-on party when Patrick arrives with a never-ending group of friends that fills the house. An annoyed Cheyenne storms out. The next day, the housemates attend Justin's art show at a local gallery—except for Cheyenne, who had promised to help Justin set up. The group arrives back at the house to find Cheyenne, who has returned from Connecticut with his new boyfriend Kyle.|
|3||"Not In The Face"||May 4, 2017||TBD|
|Cheyenne tries to make things up to the housemates by having a family dinner of his own, but Patrick shows up with some coworkers. Brandon hooks up with Jallen, one of Patrick's friends. Jorge is hurt by a lack of attention from his long term boyfriend, who is closeted back in Venezuela. Patrick competes in a drag beauty pageant, and is annoyed when Cheyenne fails to show up.|
|4||"Let's Go To Tea"||May 11, 2017||TBD|
|The housemates throw a party, and Brandon begins pulling away from Jallen.|
|5||"I Love My Boys"||May 18, 2017||TBD|
|Patrick interferes with Brandon and Jallen's evaporating relationship. Justin's parents and Khasan's mother come to the island. Khasan introduces his boyfriend to his mother.|
|6||"Mercury is in Retrograde"||May 25, 2017||TBD|
|Patrick invites his ex-boyfriend Chris Salvatore to the house, causing friction with Cheyenne.|
|7||"New Day, New Rosé"||June 1, 2017||TBD|
|Khasan choreographs a Betty Who performance on the island, and Patrick drops a bombshell in Cheyenne's direction.|
- Lovece, Frank (March 6, 2017). "Logo's Fire Island reality show cast announced". Newsday. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- "Logo Reveals First Look at New Docu-Series Fire Island from Kelly Ripa". BroadwayWorld.com. March 6, 2017. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- McLennan, Cindy (July 21, 2016). "Fire Island: Logo Orders Docu-Series from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos". TVSeriesFinale.com. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (March 14, 2017). "Fire Island: Logo Reality Series Spoofed On SNL Gets Premiere Date; Teaser". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- Lambert, Michael (March 12, 2017). "SNL Spoofs Logo's Fire Island With 'Affluent Lesbian' Version". The Advocate. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- "150 Ocean Walk – The Fire Island house". PinesHistory.org. May 15, 2017. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- "150 Ocean Walk – Fire Island Pines". FireIslandPines.com. Archived from the original on July 7, 2017. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Schrafel, Danny (April 27, 2017). "House from LOGO's Fire Island for rent". Newsday. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- "VIDEO: Logo Reveals First Look at New Docu-Series Fire Island". BroadwayWorld.com. March 6, 2017. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- Lovece, Frank (March 14, 2017). "Logo's Fire Island gets a premiere date". Newsday. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- "Kelly Ripa just made our day on LIVE with Kelly!". Fire Island. April 21, 2017. Retrieved August 10, 2017 – via Facebook.
- "Fire Island: Season 1, Episode 1". TV Guide. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- Moylan, Brian (April 27, 2017). "Fire Island Series Premiere Recap". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- "EXCLUSIVE! Jealousy Is Brewing On Fire Island In The Two-Hour Premiere Episode". PerezHilton.com. April 27, 2017. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- Wimberly, Jason (March 9, 2017). "Logo's Fire Island Contributes to Gay America's Moral Decline". The Advocate. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- Reynolds, Daniel (April 21, 2017). "Fire Island Cast Responds to Critics: 'We're Not Harming Anyone'". The Advocate. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- "Updated: Showbuzz Daily's Top 150 Friday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 4.21.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Archived from the original on April 25, 2017. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- Official website
- Fire Island on IMDb
- Self, Jeffrey (April 22, 2017). "Fire Island Series Premiere Recap: The Boys of Summer". Vulture. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Self, Jeffrey (April 27, 2017). "Fire Island Recap: The Underwear Party". Vulture. Retrieved April 28, 2017.
- Swift, Andy (May 4, 2017). "Fire Island Sneak Peek: The Guys Get Personal, Swap Coming Out Stories". TVLine. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- "Fire Island: "Not In The Face"". Logo TV. Retrieved June 19, 2017.