for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Syeda Sajeda Chowdhury|
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting altered the boundaries of the constituency.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Syeda Sajeda Chowdhury||116,498||60.5||+14.6|
|BNP||Shama Obaid Islam||75,726||39.3||-14.0|
|CPB||Md. Rafiquzzaman Mia||377||0.2||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|BNP||KM Obaidur Rahman||86,450||53.3||+7.1|
|Awami League||Syeda Sajeda Chowdhury||74,474||45.9||+0.2|
|IJOF||Saifuzzaman Chowdhury Jewel||959||0.6||N/A|
|Jatiya Party (M)||Md. Joinal Abedin||194||0.1||N/A|
|Independent||Syed Tanvir Hossain||170||0.1||N/A|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|BNP||KM Obaidur Rahman||55,118||46.2||+38.3|
|Awami League||Syeda Sajeda Chowdhury||54,572||45.7||+7.4|
|Zaker Party||Md. Atiar Rahman||4,425||3.7||-8.1|
|JP(E)||Saifuzzaman Chowdhury Jewel||2,323||1.9||+1.5|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Md. Golam Rasul Miah||1,909||1.6||N/A|
|CPB||Mir Abu Bakar Siddique||283||0.2||N/A|
|Jatiya Janata Party (Nurul Islam)||Azam Amir Ali||278||0.2||N/A|
|BNP gain from Awami League|
|Awami League||Syeda Sajeda Chowdhury||37,229||38.3|
|Bangladesh Janata Party||KM Obaidur Rahman||34,210||35.2|
|Zaker Party||A. K. M. Khairuzzaman||11,450||11.8|
|BNP||Abul Hossein Miah||7,630||7.9|
|BKA||Abdul Hai Azad||4,779||4.9|
|JSD||Abu Sayeed Khan||873||0.9|
|Jatiya Ganatantrik Party||Shah Md. Kazi Kobirul Islam Kanchan||589||0.6|
|JP(E)||Saifuzzaman Chowdhury Jewel||355||0.4|
|Awami League gain from JP(E)|
- "Faridpur-2". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- "List of 1st Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.