Elisabeth of Nuremberg
This article does not cite any sources. (February 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Elisabeth of Nuremberg (1358 – 26 July 1411) was the daughter of Frederick V, Burgrave of Nuremberg and Elisabeth of Meissen. She was a member of the House of Hohenzollern, and the wife of Rupert of Germany. In 1398, she became the Electress of the Palatinate of the Rhine, and in 1400 she became Queen of the Romans.
|Elisabeth of Nuremberg|
|Electress of the Palatinate|
Queen of the Romans
Elisabeth and her husband, Rupert of Germany
|Died||26 July 1411 (aged 53)|
|Spouse||Rupert of Germany, Elector Palatine of the Rhine, King of the Romans|
Margaret of the Palatinate
Frederick of the Palatinate
Louis III, Count Palatine of the Rhine
Agnes of the Palatinate
Elisabeth of the Palatinate
John, Count Palatine of Neumarkt
Stefan, Count Palatine of Simmern-Zweibrücken
Otto I, Count Palatine of Mosbach
|Father||Frederick V, Burgrave of Nuremberg|
|Mother||Elisabeth of Meissen|
Marriage and childrenEdit
She was born in 1358, and on 27 June 1374 married Rupert, then heir to the Elector Palatine, Rupert II. Elisabeth became Electress of the Palatinate when Rupert succeeded to his father's estate 6 January 1398, and Queen of the Romans when Rupert was elected King of the Romans on 21 August 1400. Rupert died on 18 May 1410; Elisabeth died a little over a year later on 26 July 1411.
Elisabeth and Rupert had nine children, six sons and three daughters, who survived to adulthood:
- Rupert Pipan (20 February 1375, Amberg – 25 January 1397, Amberg).
- Margaret (1376 – 27 August 1434, Nancy), married in 1394 to Charles II, Duke of Lorraine.
- Frederick (ca. 1377, Amberg – 7 March 1401, Amberg).
- Louis (23 January 1378 – 30 December 1436, Heidelberg).
- Agnes (1379 – 1401, Heidelberg), married in Heidelberg shortly before March 1400 to Duke Adolf of Kleve.
- Elisabeth (27 October 1381 – 31 December 1408, Innsbruck), married in Innsbruck 24 December 1407 to Duke Frederick IV of Austria.
- John (1383, Neunburg vorm Wald – 13–14 March 1443).
- Stephen (23 June 1385 – 14 February 1459, Simmern).
- Otto (24 August 1390, Mosbach – 5 July 1461).
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ancestors of Elisabeth of Nuremberg|
Elisabeth of NurembergBorn: 1358 Died: 26 July 1411
Sofia of Bavaria
| German Queen
Barbara of Celje
|This article related to German royalty (1871–1919) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|