El Santos vs. la Tetona Mendoza
|El Santos vs. la Tetona Mendoza|
|Directed by||Alejandro Lozano|
|Produced by||Francisco Arriagada|
Fernando de Fuentes
Jose C. Garcia de Letona
|Screenplay by||Augusto Mendoza|
|Starring||Daniel Giménez Cacho|
José María Yazpik
|Edited by||Camilo Abadía|
|Distributed by||Videociné (Mexico)|
Pantelion Films (United States)
|Box office||MX$12.49 million|
The film features an ensemble voice cast of famous Mexican actors, led by Daniel Giménez Cacho, José María Yazpik, Héctor Jiménez, and Regina Orozco. It is produced by Ánima Estudios under its adult label Átomo Films and distributed by Videocine.
It was released in Mexico on 30 November 2012.
Santos suffers with the divorce from Tetona, while the people live and work with the group of regenerative zombies in Sahuayo. When Tetona arrives, she orders Santos to kill the zombies. Santos and Cabo Valdivia learn that if anyone kills all zombies will become the town's savior. Santos challenges Killer Peyote to make sure who will win the love for Tetona. Santos fails to kill the zombies, but Peyote uses a truck to lure them through the canyon cliff. Despite Santos' failure, the officers inform him about the town's abnormal situation. Tetona summons the female group of aliens from outer space. As Santos, Cabo and Peyote evade them, they wander around town. At the science room, Santos and Cabo inspect the remains of the zombie virus on the plate. It is later destroyed by Peyote, whom the aliens recruited. They imprisoned one of the male adults and force the female ones to work at the strip club. Santos and his captured friends are forced to stay in prison. Cabo, revealing to be one of the zombies, asks Santos to protect him and the zombies, before the decontaminated population can annihilate them. Santos and his friends win the first round in the game of soccer, but the others plan to escape. After losing the game in the second round, Santos and his friends escape from prison, being rescued by saddlers. After Santos uses DNA cell samples to spread the infection for everyone and revive the zombie population, he goes to the palace and confronts Peyote. The fight at the strip ensues, until Peyote slips on an avocado, suffers a bone fracture and ends up on a wheelchair. Santos goes to the bathroom, urinates the smoking weed from the bowel that he accidentally swallowed, and suggests for Tetona to forgive him. The married couple have children.
- Daniel Giménez Cacho as Santos, an unemployed wrestler and Tetona's husband
- José María Yazpik as Killer Peyote, Santos' drug dealing rival
- Héctor Jiménez as Cabo Valdivia, Santos' police friend and one of the zombies
- Regina Orozco as Tetona Mendoza, Santos' wife
- Guillermo del Toro as Gamborimbo Ponx, Santos' talking orange
- "Películas Animadas 2000 – 2018". Canacine. Canacine. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- El Santos box office
- "Las voces de El Santos Vs. La Tetona Mendoza". November 18, 2012. Archived from the original on 12 November 2013. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- ""El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza" llega a la pantalla grande". International Business Times. May 15, 2012. Archived from the original on January 26, 2013. Retrieved August 3, 2012.
- "Se presentará "El Santos vs la tetona Mendoza" en el Festival Annecy 2013". Cronica.com.mx. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2013.