Eizo Corporation (EIZO株式会社, EIZO Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese visual technology company who manufacturers high-end computer displays, founded in March 1968. It has its headquarters in Hakusan, Ishikawa Prefecture.
|Traded as||TYO: 6737|
|Founded||Hakui, Ishikawa, Japan (March 1968 )|
|Headquarters||153 Shimokashiwano, Hakusan, Ishikawa 924-8566, Japan|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 718 million (FY 2013) (¥ 73.64 billion) (FY 2013)|
|US$ 53 million (FY 2013) (¥ 5.43 billion) (FY 2013)|
Number of employees
|1,675 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2014)|
|Footnotes / references|
EIZO, pronounced AY-ZO, means "image" or "vision" in Japanese. EIZO develops and manufactures high-end display products and other solutions for markets such as business, healthcare, graphics, air traffic control, and maritime.
The name "Eizo" comes from the Japanese word meaning "image" (映像 eizō).
The company was founded as Hakui Electronic Corporation in Hakui, Ishikawa, Japan, in 1968; it initially manufactured televisions. In March 1973, it became Nanao Corporation. In 1976, it began manufacture of industrial monitors, and in 1981 started making PC monitors.
In 1985, "Eizo" was launched as a brand of Hitec Associates in Europe. In the same period, parent company Nanao founded Nanao USA in the United States to launch products in that region under the "Nanao" brand as in Japan.
In January 1990, Hitec Associates Ltd was renamed Eizo Corporation.
In 1996, the "Eizo" brand replaced the "Nanao" brand in Japan and the United States, although Nanao remained the corporate name of the company in Japan. In the United States, Nanao USA was renamed Eizo Nanao Technologies
In 1999, Nanao Corporation and Eizo Corporation merged to become Eizo Nanao Corporation, which in 2013 changed its name to simply Eizo Corporation.
Eizo's products include:
References and footnotesEdit
- "Corporate Profile". Eizo Corporation. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Financial Highlight". Eizo Corporation. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Company History". Eizo Corporation. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- "Financial Highlights". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Nanao USA Corporation changes name to EIZO Nanao Technologies Inc". Business Wire. March 29, 1996. Retrieved September 26, 2018.
- "Contributing to the Betterment of Society as a Visual Technology Company". EIZO Corporation. Retrieved September 26, 2018.
- "沿革 | EIZO株式会社". www.eizo.co.jp. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- "EIZO Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|