Doosukeltha (English: Surge Ahead) is a 2013 Telugu action comedy film directed by Veeru Potla. The film stars Manchu Vishnu and Lavanya Tripathi, who made her debut in Andala Rakshasi. Mani Sharma composed the music for the film. Dr. Mohan Babu produced the film under the banner of 24 Frames Factory and it received a U/A Certificate. It was released on 17 October 2013. The film received positive reviews from critics.
Theatrical Release poster
|Directed by||Veeru Potla|
|Produced by||Mohan Babu|
|Screenplay by||Veeru Potla|
|Story by||Veeru Potla|
|Narrated by||Ravi Teja|
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Distributed by||24 Frames Factory (worldwide) |
|Budget||₹200 million (US$2.8 million)|
|Box office||₹623 million (US$8.7 million)(84 days)|
A small bet by Chinna (Vishnu) during his childhood results in his family escaping from a village. Eventually, he grows to become a street smart and intelligent man with a kind heart. Due to his act, the life of Alekhya (Lavanya) also gets disturbed, and her family immediately disowns her. She grows to become a doctor, and a chance incident gets her in touch with Chinna. He starts liking her and also protects her from some unidentified killers. However, after discovering his real identity, Alekhya puts him away. In order to repair the mistake that he did in his childhood, Chinna decides to get Alekhya back to her family, and whether that happens or not forms the rest of the story.
- Vishnu Manchu as Venkateshwar / Chinna / Venky / Venkanna / Fake Piccheswar
- Lavanya Tripathi as Alekhya / Chinni
- Brahmanandam as Veera Brahmam
- Ahuti Prasad as Chinna's father
- Rao Ramesh as Sarweshwar, Alekhya's father
- Vinaya Prasad as Dharani, Alekhya's mother
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Rajeshwar, Alekhya's grandfather
- Nagineedu as Chinni's grandfather
- Pankaj Tripathi as Minister Dilleeswara Rao
- Raghubabu as Swamiji
- Shravan as Jagameshwar Rao
- Posani Krishna Murali as Avatar
- Vennela Kishore as Piccheshwar
- Bharath as Ranganna
- Prabhakar as Badhram, Dilleeswara Rao's henchman
- Ravi Prakash as Ravi Chandar
- Hema as Sandhya
- Surekha Vani
- Sri Sudha Bhimireddy as Nurse
- Samrat Reddy as Dr. Visranth
- Prabhas Srinu
- Chitram Srinu
- Baby Annie as Young Alekhya
- Lakshmi Manchu (Special appearance in song "Appudappudu")
|Soundtrack album by|
|Mani Sharma chronology|
|2.||"Modatti Saari"||Rahul Sipligunj, Sudhamayi||4:55|
|3.||"Soodimande"||Rahul Sipligunj, Sahiti||4:53|
|5.||"Tandavamade Shivudae"||Shaan, Geetha Madhuri||5:08|
|7.||"Uggupaala Rojullone"||Geetha Madhuri||0:34|
The film was released on 17 October 2013 to over 900 screens.
The film opened with 85–90% occupancy on the first day and earned ₹ 16.63 crore. On the film's first weekend, profits were approximately ₹ 357.5 million at the box office. Doosukeltha earned ₹350 million (US$4.9 million) in its first week. The film became Manchu Vishnu's biggest opener in his career. Final worldwide earnings were ₹ 952.5 million, also making it the biggest hit ever in Vishnu Manchu's overseas career.
The film was released on 43 screens overseas. In the first weekend alone it earned ₹ 2.5 million at the box office and ₹ 22.5 million at the box office overseas. The film record of Denikaina Reddy also starred Manchu Vishnu. The film is also the highest earning film in a Vishu's career. Doosukeltha earned ₹ 12.5 million net in the overseas market.
The film received positive reviews from critics. Filmfog.com gave it a score of 7/10 stating that it was an "Out & out family entertainer with a decent mix of action elements."  Idlebrain wrote: "First half of the film deals with action and romance episodes. The second half has entertainment and family orientation. Doosukeltha is a film that follows commercial format of entertainment movies to a T. Plus points are Vishnu and entertainment in the second half."
- "24 frames factory bags 'Erra Bus' worldwide release rights". indiaglitz.com. 11 November 2014. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Vishnu Manchu's Doosukeltha to release on October 17". Cinesine.com. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Manchu Vishnu's 'Doosukeltha' shooting in Hyderabad – Telugu Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 8 June 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "High hopes on Doosukeltha". Postnoon. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Doosukeltha gets a U/A Certificate". 25cineframes.com. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Shekhar (16 October 2013). "Vishnu Manchu's Doosukeltha To Release in 900 Screens – Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Doosukeltha 6th day collections". Sakshi Post. 22 October 2013. Archived from the original on 27 October 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "'Doosukeltha' Box Office Collection (Overseas): Vishnu Manchu Starrer Earns Over ₹25 Lakh in Opening Weekend – International Business Times". Ibtimes.co.in. 22 October 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Doosukeltha Movie Review by FilmFog". filmfog.com. Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Doosukeltha review – Telugu cinema review – Vishnu Manchu, Lavanya Tripathi, Pankaj Tripathi, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Brahmanandam, Vennela Kishore, Sravan, Ali, Master Bharath, Annapurna, Rajitha, Hema etc". Idlebrain.com. 17 October 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2014.