Diane, Duchess of Württemberg
Diane, Duchess of Württemberg (née Princess Diane Françoise Maria da Gloria of Orléans; born 24 March 1940) is a French princess who is married to Carl, Duke of Württemberg, head of the House of Württemberg. She is a successful artist and sculptor.
|Duchess of Württemberg|
24 March 1940
Carl, Duke of Württemberg (m. 1960)
|Issue||Friedrich, Hereditary Duke of Württemberg|
|Father||Henri, Count of Paris|
|Mother||Princess Isabelle of Orléans-Braganza|
Early life and marriageEdit
Princess Diane was born in Petrópolis, Brazil, the fourth daughter and sixth child of the Orléanist claimant to the French throne, Prince Henri, Count of Paris (1908–1999), and his wife, Princess Isabelle of Orléans-Braganza (1911–2003).
They had four sons and two daughters :
- Duke Friedrich Philipp Carl Franz Maria (1 June 1961 – 9 May 2018), married in 1993 to Princess Marie of Wied (born Munich, 27 December 1973):
- Duchess Mathilde Marie-Antoinette Rosa Isabelle (b. Friedrichshafen, 11 July 1962), married in 1988 to Prince Erich of Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg (1962), with five daughters.
- Countess Marie-Thérèse Walburga Gabrielle Diana Georgina Franziska (b. Memmingen, 5 October 1989).
- Countess Maria Elisabeth Walburga Apollonia Alexandra Friederike (b. Ravensburg, 31 December 1990).
- Countess Marie Charlotte Walburga Antonia Adelheid Viktoria Henriette (b. Ravensburg, 10 May 1992).
- Countess Marie Hélène Walburga Yolande Christiana Michaela (b. Ravensburg, 29 November 1993)
- Countess Marie Gabrielle Walburga Angelika Antonia Friederike Fleur (b. Ravensburg, 29 November 1996).
- Duke Eberhard Alois Nikolaus Heinrich Johannes Maria (born 20 June 1963 in Friedrichshafen), married in 2011 to Lucia Désirée Copf (born 29 December 1969) with one son:
- Duke Alexander (born January 2010)
- Duke Phillipp Albrecht Christoph Ulrich Maria (b. Friedrichshafen, 1 November 1964), married in 1991 to Duchess Marie-Caroline in Bavaria:
- Duchess Sophie Anastasia Assunta Marie Pauline (b. Munich, 15 January 1994), married in 2018 to Maximilien d'Andigné.
- Duchess Pauline Philippa Adelheid Helena Marie (b. London, 15 April 1997)
- Duke Carl Theodor Philipp Maria Max Emanuel (b. London, 15 June 1999)
- Duchess Anna Maximiliana Elizabeth Mariella Marie (b. Frankfurt, 2 February 2007)
- Duke Michael Heinrich Albert Alexander Maria (b. Friedrichshafen, 1 December 1965), married in 2006 Julia Ricarda Storz (b. Munich, 4 April 1965)
- Duchess Eleonore Fleur Juanita Charlotte Eudoxie Marie-Agnès (b. Altshausen, 4 November 1977), married in 2003 to Count Moritz von Goëss (1966), with three children:
- Count Zeno Carl Philipp Alfonso Maria von Goëss (b. Vienna, 30 October 2004)
- Countess Flaminia von Goëss (b. 25 February 2006)
- Countess Livia von Goëss (b. July 2010)
King Juan Carlos I of Spain is Duchess Fleur's godfather.
|Ancestors of Diane, Duchess of Württemberg|
- "HRH The Duchess Diane of Württemberg, Princess d'Orléans – DDiane - Royalbridges.org". Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Duchess Diane Of Württemberg (princess Diane Françoise Maria Da Stock Photo, Royalty Free Image: 40993732". Alamy. 2007-09-13. Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- "Our Donors — Факультет свободных искусств и наук". Artesliberales.spbu.ru. Retrieved 2017-04-09.
Diane, Duchess of WürttembergBorn: 12 January 1979
|Titles in pretence|
Archduchess Rosa of Austria
|— TITULAR —
Queen consort of Württemberg
17 April 1975 – present
Reason for succession failure:
Kingdom abolished in 1918