Department of Customer Service (New South Wales)
The Department of Customer Service is a department of the New South Wales Government that functions as a service provider to support sustainable government finances, major public works and maintenance programs, government procurement, information and communications technology, corporate and shared services, consumer protection, and land and property administration of the government in New South Wales, Australia.
|Formed||1 July 2019|
|Jurisdiction||New South Wales, Australia|
|Annual budget||A$1.116 billion (2019-20)|
The department was established with effect from 1 July 2019 and assumed most functions from the preceding Department of Finance, Service and Innovation, as well as a number of functions from other department functions and several agencies.
- Minister for Customer Service, presently The Hon. Victor Dominello
- Minister for Better Regulation and Innovation, presently The Hon. Kevin Anderson }
These ministers are supported by The Hon. Catherine Cusack (politician) MLC, the Parliamentary Secretary for Cost of Living. Ultimately, both ministers and the Parliamentary Secretary are responsible to both Parliament and the Premier.
- Architects Registration Board
- Behavioural Insights Unit
- Board of Surveying and Spatial Information
- Building Professionals Board
- Cyber Security NSW
- Data Analytics Centre
- Geographical Names Board of New South Wales
- Greyhound Welfare and Integrity Commission
- Information and Privacy Commission NSW
- Innovation NSW
- Liquor & Gaming NSW
- NSW Fair Trading
- NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- NSW Telco Authority
- Office of the Registrar General (to monitor and enforce performance of the NSW Land Registry Services)
- Professional Standards Authority
- Revenue NSW
- SafeWork NSW
- Service NSW
- State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA)
- Waste Assets Management Corporation
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2019)
The department was established with effect from 1 July 2019 and assumed most of the functions of the former Department of Finance, Services and Innovation that was dissolved on the same date, as well as some functions from the New South Wales Treasury and the Department of Premier and Cabinet. The department also incorporated Liquor & Gaming NSW, the Data Analytics Centre, and the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- "Annual Report 2018-19" (PDF). Department of Customer Service (formerly the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation). ISSN 2207-0265. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Minister and Parliamentary Secretary". Department of Customer Service. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Secretary". Department of Customer Service. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Building Commissioner". Department of Customer Service. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Administrative Arrangements (Administrative Changes—Public Service Agencies) Order 2019 [NSW] (159)" (PDF). Government Gazette of the State of New South Wales. 2 April 2019. p. 7-8. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Customer Service". Department of Premier and Cabinet. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Government Notices (30)" (PDF). Government Gazette of the State of New South Wales. 2 April 2019. p. 1088-1090. Retrieved 3 April 2019.
- "Our agencies". NSW Government - Department of Customer Service. Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- "About Us". Geographical Names Board of NSW. Retrieved 28 February 2020.